BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Takata airbag recall woes catch up with BMW... sigh...

03-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #155
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccy_miyagi View Post
i was told the complete opposite, & BMWNA basically told me that they don't have anything set it motion as far as giving loaners or arranging rentals for customers affected by this recall
This is what I was told as well. They guaranteed me that nobody has gotten a loner car due to this recall. So are we calling BS on the guy in this thread who said he got a loaner car over this?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #156
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305 View Post
This is what I was told as well. They guaranteed me that nobody has gotten a loner car due to this recall. So are we calling BS on the guy in this thread who said he got a loaner car over this?
no not really because maybe he have been apart of the the first round of the recall not including the driver side airbag. because according to BMWNA there are different guidelines for these recalls even though they are all solved the same exact way
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #157
ilya335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
The recall notice did not mention anything regarding a loaner.
I contacted my dealership directly (I do have a great relationship with them) and they arranged the service visit and loaner, no questions asked.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if other dealerships refuse to provide one.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #158
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya335 View Post
I contacted my dealership directly (I do have a great relationship with them) and they arranged the service visit and loaner, no questions asked.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if other dealerships refuse to provide one.
which recall did you go for, passenger or driver?
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 03:55 PM   #159
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Your situation appears to be different. You actually brought your car in to have the recall done on the passenger side and they gave you a loaner while repairs were being made. The other question is for those of us who have an affected vehicle with the driver's side recall but in our case the parts aren't ready and won't be ready for awhile, so there is a question about getting the loaner car so that we don't have to drive our own cars until the recall is done whether that is next month or in the next two years.

For the latter, I'm told there is no way to get a loaner car since there is no time-frame on when repair parts will be available, so you could essentially be driving around a loaner for up to a year or more. No way the dealership is going to allow this.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #160
ilya335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
which recall did you go for, passenger or driver?
Passenger.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #161
ilya335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Your situation appears to be different. You actually brought your car in to have the recall done on the passenger side and they gave you a loaner while repairs were being made. The other question is for those of us who have an affected vehicle with the driver's side recall but in our case the parts aren't ready and won't be ready for awhile, so there is a question about getting the loaner car so that we don't have to drive our own cars until the recall is done whether that is next month or in the next two years.

For the latter, I'm told there is no way to get a loaner car since there is no time-frame on when repair parts will be available, so you could essentially be driving around a loaner for up to a year or more. No way the dealership is going to allow this.
I realized everyone's situation after the post. That's definitely quite troubling to hear.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #162
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305
Quote:

Exactly why I made my statement, once he did he received a loaner I automatically knew he was part of the passenger side recall
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 09:05 PM   #163
LuisBoston
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i, '23 iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [10.00]
2013 BMW 128i  [9.50]
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
i was told the complete opposite, & BMWNA basically told me that they don't have anything set it motion as far as giving loaners or arranging rentals for customers affected by this recall
I have a rental, not a BMW loaner. The rental is indefinite until the Driver's airbag is replaced. Car is in storage at the dealer.

I called BMWNA and they informed I speak to my service manager (they also said they'd contact him). Service manager looked into it and stated he was instructed to offer rentals to those affected if they ask.

This is at BMW San Francisco.
[url]http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897862
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #164
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSF
Quote:
I have a rental, not a BMW loaner. The rental is indefinite until the Driver's airbag is replaced. Car is in storage at the dealer.

I called BMWNA and they informed I speak to my service manager (they also said they'd contact him). Service manager looked into it and stated he was instructed to offer rentals to those affected if they ask.

This is at BMW San Francisco.
Ok so if BMWNA is paying for your rental (something that they have told multiple people they are not doing at this time) you should should share the wealth & tell exactly what you said to convince them to tell you yes after they told us no
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 10:20 PM   #165
LuisBoston
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [10.00]
2013 BMW 128i  [9.50]
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Ok so if BMWNA is paying for your rental (something that they have told multiple people they are not doing at this time) you should should share the wealth & tell exactly what you said to convince them to tell you yes after they told us no
Told them I'm not driving a car whose safety device could kill someone. It wasn't that difficult. You need to call BMWNA and your service manager.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #166
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisSF
Quote:
Told them I'm not driving a car whose safety device could kill someone. It wasn't that difficult. You need to call BMWNA and your service manager.
Been there & I've done that. I was told by not one but two service manager (one who I have a personal relationship with) & a BMWNA consultant that there is no set plan in action to deal with the distribution of loaners or rentals from or paid for by the any dealership pertaining to the driver side inflator recall. My complaints have already been filed on all levels possible to my knowledge. Now I'm not saying your blowing smoke here but it's odd that out of everyone dealing with the latest recall, your the only one who seems to have gotten something other than a "wait" let alone a paid rental from BMW
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #167
LuisBoston
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [10.00]
2013 BMW 128i  [9.50]
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Been there & I've done that. I was told by not one but two service manager (one who I have a personal relationship with) & a BMWNA consultant that there is no set plan in action to deal with the distribution of loaners or rentals from or paid for by the any dealership pertaining to the driver side inflator recall. My complaints have already been filed on all levels possible to my knowledge. Now I'm not saying your blowing smoke here but it's odd that out of everyone dealing with the latest recall, your the only one who seems to have gotten something other than a "wait" let alone a paid rental from BMW
Agreed, and I don't know what to tell the rest of you. Sucks that you've been running in circles, it's not how BMW should be treating their customers.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #168
bmw135iblkblk
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

This was really frustrating for me trying to sell my used 135i, hope no one here is/was injured.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #169
Octet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, E90

Takata recall

This situation is unacceptable. I like the vehicle, but BMW as an organization is similar to any other major corporation, meaning they will do as little as possible to save themselves expense and the customer literally gets left holding the bag.

I'm supposed to wait indefinitely as my 335i loses resale value and I'm essentially stuck with a depreciating asset because of actions outside my control. And so far a real lack of support from BMW NA.

The car is great, but BMW NA and the local service centers are below par to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #170
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135iblkblk
This was really frustrating for me trying to sell my used 135i, hope no one here is/was injured.
There is actually a work around to sell your vehicle. Dealers who wish to continue to sell their used vehicles are having their customers sign a formal disclosure agreement. If possible, get a copy of one basically rewrite it to fit your needs.
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #171
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octet View Post
This situation is unacceptable. I like the vehicle, but BMW as an organization is similar to any other major corporation, meaning they will do as little as possible to save themselves expense and the customer literally gets left holding the bag.

I'm supposed to wait indefinitely as my 335i loses resale value and I'm essentially stuck with a depreciating asset because of actions outside my control. And so far a real lack of support from BMW NA.

The car is great, but BMW NA and the local service centers are below par to say the least.
You can still sell your car in a private party sale. I don't think the cars are losing resale value over this. If anything, they are gaining because there is now a supply/demand issue since you cannot buy one from a dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #172
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
so, there is a stop sell on all of our cars. dealers cannot sell them and it isnt in there interest to buy and leave them in lots for a year.

I spoke to bmw NA about it yesterday about it and they said it wont be until late 2016 or early 2017 when I should realistically expect to get the recall done.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #173
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octet View Post

i am in the same boat but it really isnt BMW NA's fault. If anything I would say class action lawsuit against takita but they will likely be bankrupt after this.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 05:48 PM   #174
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
You can still sell your car in a private party sale. I don't think the cars are losing resale value over this. If anything, they are gaining because there is now a supply/demand issue since you cannot buy one from a dealership.
X2, sell the car yourself and get more money for it than BMW would have given you or just keep driving it. With the recall affecting 25 million cars I don't see anyone coming up with a quick fix, BMW doesn't make the bags so they can't just work harder, so they are stuck in the middle also (customer and Takata), and I haven't seen any evidence that resale values have dropped.
      03-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #175
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135iblkblk View Post
Care to share your story?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #176
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
so, there is a stop sell on all of our cars. dealers cannot sell them and it isnt in there interest to buy and leave them in lots for a year.

I spoke to bmw NA about it yesterday about it and they said it wont be until late 2016 or early 2017 when I should realistically expect to get the recall done.
actually not true. a lot of dealers are issuing disclosures with for the purchase of used vehicles, by signing your basically saying that you are aware of the recall & you take full responsibility if anything shall happen before the "official fix" is released/allocated. but honestly who wants to do that
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0