BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS (BSM - M-DCT - M-CCB - BLK 763M - PSS): walkaround + quick revs

04-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #67
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Wow CO2 tax, for 40k!

Enjoy your EU plutocrats, that money does nothing to cleam.the earth except fill their coffers! To think if orangeman didnt exist, the us and canada would have to be paying th same with their beloved paris accord, bahaha
If the Orangeman didn't exist, the news would not resemble something out of The Naked Gun movies but nothing else would change; the automotive import taxing structure in the US hasn't changed since the Regan era and the sales tax rate are determined by each individual state.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #68
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Whats with the crazy CF roof pattern? That looks like a wrap?!?

+1 that doesn't look like carbon fiber at all!
      04-08-2020, 10:43 AM   #69
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
One thing that seems odd to me is lack of center console armrest and storage.

Also think they could have done a better job with the finish of the exhaust.
Arm rest removed for weight reduction ( I know I know). But the thought is every little bit adds up. It also adds to the unique track focused visual of a CS. Further, pro drivers will tell you an armrest storage compartment get in the way of your elbow when driving on a track. I don't miss mine.

I like the look of the raw exhaust on a CS. It's the same as a GTS. Take a look at most "factory race" hi performance exhaust systems on motorcycles or cars. On motorcycles they don't even bother to grind or smooth the welds off. Its an appreciated purposeful factory race look. I think it adds to the track oriented focus of the CS . Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 10:51 AM   #70
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
I stick to my 2016 m235 and for the rest of money I'll get a low mileage lambo!
Lambos are cool and all that but I would feel like an idiot driving one around town. And my neighbors would be laughing at the old man and his mid life crisis purchase. Who would cross shop a BMW sedan and a Lamborghini anyway :. You could not find two more different cars.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4004.00
      04-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #71
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Good lord, guys complaining about stereo in a 2 series car and key fob...
I don't even listen to the stereo in my car it's so bad. Rather have it gone in the CS than the additional weight.
I'm sort of with you on that. Don't listen to mine much either. To into driving my car. But to say it sounds terrible is a stretch. Maybe I just don't know what a good sound system is supposed to sound like. : I would miss it if it wasn't there I know that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #72
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mac View Post
Quote:
1. You'd think that they could use black wheel weights for black wheels...
2. That carbon center console is tits, didn't realize it had that.
3. Same TERRIBLE stereo. That's just, well, wrong.
4. And they still haven't painted the exhaust...
5. Would have been nice to have 102mm black exhaust tips.
6. Tires are still too small...

Despite all this, car looks monumental.
1. First world "problems"
2. Indeed
3. Oh, you expected amazing stereo system in a "CS" variant?
4. Thank God they didn't paint the exhaust. Not sure why the fascination with painted exhausts, but they look terrible. Unpainted looks far better and contrasts nicely against the black.
5. Nah, that's overdoing it. But if you're into riced-out looks, go for it.
6. Said nobody, ever. If anything, the tires are probably too big for the application. Work on your driving skills before worrying about tire size.
Thank you. For those that want all the bells and whistle's and gingerbread buy a regular M2. BMW manufactures and designs the CS and GTS variant for a specific demographic. It is a TRACK FOCUSED car. They make a model for everyone. Thank you BMW.
Appreciate 2
19x459.50
F87EVO4004.00
      04-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #73
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Thank you. For those that want all the bells and whistle's and gingerbread buy a regular M2. BMW manufactures and designs the CS and GTS variant for a specific demographic. It is a TRACK FOCUSED car. They make a model for everyone. Thank you BMW.
Dezzracer is right again. The CS is about driving thrills only. Not about interior or luxury. If you want luxury, try a 5 or 7 series.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4004.00
      04-08-2020, 11:37 AM   #74
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm sort of with you on that. Don't listen to mine much either. To into driving my car. But to say it sounds terrible is a stretch. Maybe I just don't know what a good sound system is supposed to sound like. : I would miss it if it wasn't there I know that.
I don't suppose it's too bad for an entry-level Hyundai, but for a $60K BMW? It's trash. And feel free not to believe me, its been brought up ad nauseam by just about every car reviewer.

Quote:
Track-focused, are you serious?? It's nothing more than an accessory car.

You must be thinking of the CS Racing.

Besides, all the M2's get their asses handed to them on the track, it's just not the car's strong suit.

Track-focused.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #75
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Dezzracer is right again. The CS is about driving thrills only. Not about interior or luxury. If you want luxury, try a 5 or 7 series.
I'm glad they updated the leather in the CS. I can say that coming from a debatably higher end auto, the plastics in the M2 are tough to look at. It would be nice if they covered. That being said everything in my car not covered in leather is regular run of the mill auto carpet and plastic. It's just that it's all below the armrests and seats so you never see it. Most of the nasty plastic on the M2 is on the lower seat out of view. Out of site out of mind. It'll be among issue. I would really like if the nav system in my current car was not so dated, but truthfully it connects to my phone via Bluetooth. Idrive 6 will be vastly superior to jaguar systems prior to 2018. I never use the auto cruise control. A decent stereo is a must.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #76
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Hopefully someone will post a driving review soon. People who review the M3 CS often talk about how the car is more aggressive than the Competition and Base models.

Also reviews of the 992 911 Turbo S have just been posted as the interior of that car is pretty much the same as the lower end Carrera models. The M2 will not have an updated interior until the G87 M2 which is not until early 2023. The wait until the G87 CS may not be until 2026 or later.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17426.00
      04-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #77
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
You're literally the ONLY human that would prefer the exhaust the way it is, most see it for the eyesore that it obviously is.
Oh really? - I am the only human who prefers unpainted ///M exhausts?

Quote:
6. That's why most people change the fronts to 255 and the rear to 275/285/295. The rear 265 isn't enough for an OG M2, only an idiot would believe that it'd be enough for this car.
How much track time do you have under your belt? - Please enlighten us all why you believe that 265 rear isn't enough on the street.

You're saying that BMW engineers are "idiots" because they clearly believed that stock M2 tire sizes were enough. Time to look in the mirror, pal.
Appreciate 2
dezzracer1173.50
F87EVO4004.00
      04-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #78
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

I'd love to get that rear trunk. Wish it didn't cost so much. Too bad covid doesn't push bmw to drop prices on parts...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #79
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't suppose it's too bad for an entry-level Hyundai, but for a $60K BMW? It's trash. And feel free not to believe me, its been brought up ad nauseam by just about every car reviewer.

Quote:
Track-focused, are you serious?? It's nothing more than an accessory car.

You must be thinking of the CS Racing.

Besides, all the M2's get their asses handed to them on the track, it's just not the car's strong suit.

Track-focused.
Ok, Then let's call it a track focused family sedan if that makes you feel better.. In 2018 the M3 CS held the fastest lap time recorded around the ring of any production four-door at 7:38. (Until the the Alpha Quad showed up). So I'm going to say it's no slouch. Certainly not laughable. Seems like a lot of people on this forum forget what BMW M has always stood for. It's a track capable car that is also a comfortable and practical daily driver. They make no bones about it either and market it as such.

Why so many on here drive M cars and complain about them but then jizz all over P cars, Lamborghinis , the new C8, etc. is beyond me. They are totally different cars aimed at a totally different demographic.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17426.00
cptobvious2531.50
      04-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #80
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh really? - I am the only human who prefers unpainted ///M exhausts?
I'd say that the vast majority of owners, and even normal people see the M2C's muffler as visually unappealing. You might be the exception, and if so, get some taste.

Quote:
Please enlighten us all why you believe that 265 rear isn't enough on the street.
For a bone stock car with new tires on a warm day, they are quite enough. The moment they start to wear, it's not quite perfect outside, or the owner adds more power (pretty much a given), then no, they're not enough.

Quote:
You're saying that BMW engineers are "idiots" because they clearly believed that stock M2 tire sizes were enough. Time to look in the mirror, pal.
They probably do believe they are enough...when they are new...on an unmodified car...and in great/warm conditions.

Quote:
Ok, Then let's call it a track focused family sedan if that makes you feel better..
It does.

Quote:
In 2018 the M3 CS held the fastest lap time recorded...
The M2, M2C, and M2CS aren't made for professionals, they're made for normal people, which largely get their asses handed to them on racetracks. The car just isn't what it needs to be in that arena.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 01:47 PM   #81
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
I'd love to get that rear trunk. Wish it didn't cost so much. Too bad covid doesn't push bmw to drop prices on parts...
Once they realize nobody is buying them they will eventually blow them out.
      04-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #82
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont think that the M2cs wont sell well , yes the virus might be a problem , but i think they already offer some discounts . I think almost half of the M2cs are sold already , and yet USA , China , Russia and some other big countries haven't announced their allocations . The cs isnt like the M4 Gts , is more like the M3/4 CS , but i believe is a more desirable car after those 4 years of production of the F87 and such a success and nice reviews as a back to basics M car .
      04-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #83
///M TOWN
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 M2CS View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont think that the M2cs wont sell well , yes the virus might be a problem , but i think they already offer some discounts . I think almost half of the M2cs are sold already , and yet USA , China , Russia and some other big countries haven't announced their allocations . The cs isnt like the M4 Gts , is more like the M3/4 CS , but i believe is a more desirable car after those 4 years of production of the F87 and such a success and nice reviews as a back to basics M car .
We're talking about the parts on the shelf not the car itself.
      04-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #84
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah sorry 😅 , but again i think it depends on the dealer .
      04-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #85
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know. Most of the 'confirmed' sold cars were before this worldwide covid mania happened. Who knows how many of these actually end up sitting around. Nobody knows what will happen in 2-3 months from today. Interesting world we're living in now.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4004.00
      04-08-2020, 02:34 PM   #86
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know. Most of the 'confirmed' sold cars were before this worldwide covid mania happened. Who knows how many of these actually end up sitting around. Nobody knows what will happen in 2-3 months from today. Interesting world we're living in now.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats for sure , we will see how it will end up with the virus . By the way how allocations are decided ? Due to population , sales from each country ?
      04-08-2020, 02:47 PM   #87
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

That's what it appears to be. Probably some magical formula created by Zee BMW Germans. I'm sure it has to do with total sales volume of the 7 series haha
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #88
///M TOWN
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah sorry 😅 , but again i think it depends on the dealer .
It depends on BMW the way I see it.

After the parts sit, they will have to unload them