BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M2C Exhaust analysis paralysis

03-09-2020, 09:40 AM   #23
MrMiaogi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 LBB M2 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Just as an update, the Milltek equal length setup is below. I'm either going to scoop a used UEL setups on the classifieds, or, and this is my #1 option, the AFE exhaust. It's light, cheap, sounds good, and it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Having trouble figuring out all the parts necessary for this system. It's my favorite of all the exhaust videos I've seen so far. I see an upgrade to equal length headers but which exhaust system do I pair with? USA MY 2020.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 09:49 AM   #24
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMiaogi View Post
Having trouble figuring out all the parts necessary for this system. It's my favorite of all the exhaust videos I've seen so far. I see an upgrade to equal length headers but which exhaust system do I pair with? USA MY 2020.
That setup is available from Milltek via their website, UK based company. You won't be touching the manifolds (not headers, that's for NA cars), the system in the video is an OPF back system (or secondary-cat back since in the US we don't have OPF, but rather 2 more cats). They SHOULD be releasing a US spec version of the EL setup that goes from the down pipes back, leaving the primary cats but removing the secondaries. The "equal-ing" of the exhausts is done under the trunk, as seen below.

The video is NOT my car though, but I'm fairly certain that is the setup. You should give the normal Milltek system a listen, I think it sounds way better than the EL setup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-13-2020, 02:40 AM   #25
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMiaogi View Post
That setup is available from Milltek via their website, UK based company. You won't be touching the manifolds (not headers, that's for NA cars), the system in the video is an OPF back system (or secondary-cat back since in the US we don't have OPF, but rather 2 more cats). They SHOULD be releasing a US spec version of the EL setup that goes from the down pipes back, leaving the primary cats but removing the secondaries. The "equal-ing" of the exhausts is done under the trunk, as seen below.

The video is NOT my car though, but I'm fairly certain that is the setup. You should give the normal Milltek system a listen, I think it sounds way better than the EL setup.
You really think the UEL system sounds better than the new EL??
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:12 PM   #26
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

I always thought it was equal length headers that make that sweet F1 like sound....

I love the Remus sound. I think there's only so much you can do to make this motor sound good
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #27
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Just finished installing it today: AA Mid and Remus Race rear. Thanks mike@x-ph.com !

Instructions weren't the best, but it is done. Still need to fine tune the tips to get them aligned.

Louder than I thought but sounds mean. Especially cold start.

I'll get some pics and maybe video tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #28
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
You really think the UEL system sounds better than the new EL??
100%. I've yet to hear an EL setup that sounds good... The Milltek EL is a no-go for me, but the AA EL might be good, it's really hard to tell from their ear-pearcingly loud video on their IG.

For example, an AA mid and Remus rear, which is a UEL setup, sounds amazing. I believe I'm one of the rare few that actually enjoys the sound of the S55.
Appreciate 2
Got f1?679.50
      03-15-2020, 09:29 AM   #29
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
100%. I've yet to hear an EL setup that sounds good... The Milltek EL is a no-go for me, but the AA EL might be good, it's really hard to tell from their ear-pearcingly loud video on their IG.

For example, an AA mid and Remus rear, which is a UEL setup, sounds amazing. I believe I'm one of the rare few that actually enjoys the sound of the S55.
Agree on both.
Appreciate 2
Conissah1574.50
      03-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #30
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep

Added Video of cold start.

Appreciate 0