BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus Midpipe (OPF cars)

12-06-2019, 04:51 AM   #1
Ollie RS
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Remus Midpipe (OPF cars)

Hi Guys,

Has anyone installed the new Remus midpipe (resonator delete) on their OPF cars?

I have the Remus Race system fitted but would like a little more noise.

My question is, does it sound more raspy than with the resonator in place and does it throw out any CEL warning lights?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by Ollie RS; 12-06-2019 at 04:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

No CEL unless you are changing downpipe.

the resonator delete will add more noise and some rasp.
If you want a deeper tone , get the Active Autowerke midpipe

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie RS View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone installed the new Remus midpipe (resonator delete) on their OPF cars?

My question is, does it sound more raspy than with the resonator in place and does it throw out any CEL warning lights?

Thanks a lot in advance!
I had installed milltek with 200 cells catted version and it sometimes put the car on limp mode
Right now I replaced for the non catted version and limp mode and error with limp mode comes up, I might give you a solution to remove the OPF and not show any error, but it's not working 100% of the time.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
CSL335i
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherNiko View Post
It could trigger a CEL, as reported by people like Joe Achilles and others. As backpressure after the OPF is significantly reduced, it could lead to the sensors triggering a CEL, despite the OPF still being in place. Especially since you have the Race rear section, which in itself already has much lower backpressure than the stock rear silencer or even the Remus Sport rear section.
I read somewhere that there is an OPF (pressure) recalibration in ISTA.
If i assume this function well, it may help to recalibrate the pressure characteristics after the end-muffler has changed (or when OPF is getting older and older). I will change my exhaust muffler with a custom built one and will give a try to this recalibration.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #5
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

i have a full milltek on my m2 comp and no limp mode. of course tha cas has been tuned
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:18 AM   #6
Ollie RS
Private
Poland
Rep

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

Ideally i'd like to just get the AA midpipe and a Manhart ECM module but i am going to try and keep the OPF's in place for the moment and not remap the car to retain the warrenty
I have the Remus race installed for about 5 months now and it hasn't caused any problems as of yet, just hoping the resonator delete pipe won't push it over the edge in terms of CEL warnings
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #7
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

Ideally i'd like to just get the AA midpipe and a Manhart ECM module but i am going to try and keep the OPF's in place for the moment and not remap the car to retain the warrenty
I have the Remus race installed for about 5 months now and it hasn't caused any problems as of yet, just hoping the resonator delete pipe won't push it over the edge in terms of CEL warnings
if you'd like to drive a little bit i can tune the car and nobody will know except us...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:23 AM   #8
Ollie RS
Private
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
if you'd like to drive a little bit i can tune the car and nobody will know except us...
If i still lived in Milan i would have taken you up on your offer haha.
I used to be on the track every week, now it's once every 2 months if i'm lucky as they aren't so close.
I will try to come in the summer to do some trackdays at Monza, Franciacorta and Varano if they have something in the calendar

Last edited by Ollie RS; 12-10-2019 at 03:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #9
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I used to be on the track every week, now it's once every 2 months if i'm lucky as they aren't so close.
I will try to come in the summer to do some trackdays at Monza, Franciacorta and Varano if they have something in the calendar
Quote:
Quote:
Track days in monza end just after Easter. Varano De Melegari and Franciacorta have more dates
      12-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #10
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
How? The car stamps(logs) max torque, load and boost and all three are above limit with a tune. Not to mention there is a flash counter.

Do you reset all when you flash back? (and thats a flash) so they will compare and they know.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #11
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
Quote:
How? The car stamps(logs) max torque, load and boost and all three are above limit with a tune. Not to mention there is a flash counter.

Do you reset all when you flash back? (and thats a flash) so they will compare and they know.
Just saw this. Well the flash counter is not an issues when you write in bench mode sinché it is not passing through the body. For the other thing...I could explain but I would kill you after it
      01-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #12
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Just saw this. Well the flash counter is not an issues when you write in bench mode sinché it is not passing through the body. For the other thing...I could explain but I would kill you after it
Lol its ok. If youre good at something, dont do it for free
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #13
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot in advance!

Does your car sound better and louder with Remus Race compared to OEM exhaust? Is the difference noticeable?

Having fitted the Remus Race (without resonator delete) did you get the same system as Joe Achiles got on his car?

Last edited by kart driver; 07-21-2020 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #14
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: M2C

Does anyone have experience with remus midpipe and akrapovic slip on?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #15
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post
Does anyone have experience with remus midpipe and akrapovic slip on?
The Remus mid is only a resonator delete, it’s not a full midpipe. But I think the aa would fit with the akra
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 07:10 AM   #16
m2_rek
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

I've had the race since I got the car new last Nov. Fitted first week. I installed the res delete last week. Got the CEL on a drive this morning! No impact on performance but need to get the error cleared then see what happens... Sound wise I'm happy. Makes the burbles a bit over the top in sport plus but in Sport it sounds fantastic! Same tone, bit rawer and louder. Rasp is still there but character of the engine IMO
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #17
MVE7
Rep
Drives: Audi a6 , Audi S3 , //M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
It could trigger a CEL, as reported by people like Joe Achilles and others. As backpressure after the OPF is significantly reduced, it could lead to the sensors triggering a CEL, despite the OPF still being in place. Especially since you have the Race rear section, which in itself already has much lower backpressure than the stock rear silencer or even the Remus Sport rear section.
Next week I got my M2C I'm also interested in the Remus res delete + catback but if this trigger the CEL would I lose my warranty?
Appreciate 0