BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2CS Pricing

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #1
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Alpine*'s Avatar
Australia
254
Rep
3,559
Posts

Drives: Changes pretty often
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

M2CS Pricing

Anyone got some numbers yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 03:35 AM   #2
specka
Private First Class
44
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI BSM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Yes, got them today from the dealership....~179,700k all in with metallic and DCT.

Ruled out for me, categorically.
__________________
M2 LCI - DCT - BSM | BM3 Stg 2 | XPEL | Eventuri Intake | Fabspeed Sportscat | Wagner Evo 2 Comp FMIC | VRSF Pipe | Ohlins R&T Coilovers | Rays TE37 6061
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 03:45 AM   #3
specka
Private First Class
44
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI BSM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I could have been more informative...
75 cars for AU only
No dealership allocations, orders only

Base Price for 6MT = $145,500
+ 9k for DCT and Metallic
+ On Roads
+ 9% Stamp Duty

= $179,700 all in.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
Cadillac
Second Lieutenant
119
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: M2 DCT BSM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
I could have been more informative...
75 cars for AU only
No dealership allocations, orders only

Base Price for 6MT = $145,500
+ 9k for DCT and Metallic
+ On Roads
+ 9% Stamp Duty

= $179,700 all in.
So I paid $90k new for my outgoing M2 with DCT and all options.
This is almost double...and with our nanny state speed laws just not worth it...all for a bit quicker car without the sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
MR RIZK
Captain
MR RIZK's Avatar
Australia
303
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: AW M2C
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
all for a bit quicker car without the sound.
And no comfort access
__________________
Previous Rides: 13' 135i, 08' 130i, 03' HKS Turbo'd 350z, Modded GC8 WRX, NA MX5
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
Wattens
New Member
18
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Sydney, Aus/London UK

iTrader: (0)

GT4 is looking good IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #7
Smiley1175
Major
Smiley1175's Avatar
Australia
269
Rep
1,015
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
I could have been more informative...
75 cars for AU only
No dealership allocations, orders only

Base Price for 6MT = $145,500
+ 9k for DCT and Metallic
+ On Roads
+ 9% Stamp Duty

= $179,700 all in.
That's fucken ridiculous, they'll be sitting at dealerships for 6 months and then taking $120k for them.
BMW, opportunistic pricing at its finest.
Good luck to the few who'll pay that money but no way is it worth it.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #8
Davil
Captain
Australia
1429
Rep
871
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
I could have been more informative...
75 cars for AU only
No dealership allocations, orders only

Base Price for 6MT = $145,500
+ 9k for DCT and Metallic
+ On Roads
+ 9% Stamp Duty

= $179,700 all in.
That's fucken ridiculous, they'll be sitting at dealerships for 6 months and then taking $120k for them.
BMW, opportunistic pricing at its finest.
Good luck to the few who'll pay that money but no way is it worth it.
I have the cash but if 9k for DCT & paint is true I'm out on principle. I love my current car anyway. That pricing is cynical. I don't like that.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #9
Davil
Captain
Australia
1429
Rep
871
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
GT4 is looking good IMO
It looks as shit as ever.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:24 AM   #10
Piets94
First Lieutenant
78
Rep
306
Posts

Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Base Price for 6MT = $145,500
+ 9k for DCT and Metallic
Surely this is an error? Do you mean 9k for carbon ceramics and paint?? If true,
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #11
Nassy
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Future M Owner
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

This is crazy pricing and no doubt exclusivity has been built into the price tag. I'm with you all so far and happy with my inbound manual M2C at half the price! Should be here in 2 weeks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
specka
Private First Class
44
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI BSM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Base Price for 6MT = $145,500
+ 9k for DCT and Metallic
Surely this is an error? Do you mean 9k for carbon ceramics and paint?? If true,
That taken verbatim from the email from a BMW dealer in Melbourne, however it seems ridiculous. I also thought the CS came in one colour only, so what you say makes perfect sense.

To get honest I didn't bother to clarify I'd already sent a reply saying I'm not interested.
__________________
M2 LCI - DCT - BSM | BM3 Stg 2 | XPEL | Eventuri Intake | Fabspeed Sportscat | Wagner Evo 2 Comp FMIC | VRSF Pipe | Ohlins R&T Coilovers | Rays TE37 6061
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #13
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
372
Rep
4,810
Posts

Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Is BMW MELBOURNE speculating? I didnít think pricing was locked yet. But yes, it was meant to be between 140-145k, 15k for CCB, 7k for DCT, 2k for metallic
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 02:51 AM   #14
Prodigy.
Major
Prodigy.'s Avatar
Australia
583
Rep
1,489
Posts

Drives: ///M2
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Discussed with my dealership about putting a deposit down subject to pricing, not going to bother if those prices are accurate.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:28 AM   #15
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Hazey82's Avatar
261
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oz

iTrader: (0)

Today I was told 167k drive away from Northshore bmw. 44k over a comp is just madness.
This is purely a money grab exercise and capitalizing on those that want exclusivity.

Saw the blue on the Z4 and it's so hot and the color I'd want to have on the CS.

Remember the price is only that much if we buy them at that.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:44 AM   #16
Rascasse_M2C
New Member
6
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: VFII Redline Commodore & M2C
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NSW, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Finally, some more definitive Aus pricing detail for the long awaited M2 CS:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/bmw...rice-and-specs
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:20 AM   #17
HiFi
Private First Class
48
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascasse_M2C View Post
Finally, some more definitive Aus pricing detail for the long awaited M2 CS:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/bmw...rice-and-specs
Dont buy into the RRP - there will be decent factory support on these, im confident we will see prices at 130-140 D/A

Weve had enough experience with other limited release BMW cars for clients of ours as well as M3CS to know where pricing will eventually sit.
__________________
2018 M3 Competition - Alpine White | KW HAS | Bootmod3 CS+ Tune | AA Midpipe | CF Interior and Exterior bits
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 05:46 AM   #18
Piets94
First Lieutenant
78
Rep
306
Posts

Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Dont buy into the RRP - there will be decent factory support on these, im confident we will see prices at 130-140 D/A

Weve had enough experience with other limited release BMW cars for clients of ours as well as M3CS to know where pricing will eventually sit.
I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be only 70 coming to OZ with 100+ orders. There's enough cashed up buyers out there that will snap these up. 5-10k max off retail for loyalty business, not us tight-arses that are haggling over the m2c.
Appreciate 1
gmx96.00

      02-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #19
apue
Enlisted Member
Australia
12
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan, BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be only 70 coming to OZ with 100+ orders. There's enough cashed up buyers out there that will snap these up. 5-10k max off retail for loyalty business, not us tight-arses that are haggling over the m2c.
I thought HiFi advised genuinely for the sake of potential buyers.
I can't see how it's is priced above 130k when a brand new M2C can be bought under 95k.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #20
Piets94
First Lieutenant
78
Rep
306
Posts

Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
I thought HiFi advised genuinely for the sake of potential buyers.
I can't see how it's is priced above 130k when a brand new M2C can be bought under 95k.
My point is not whether the car is WORTH the premium over what you could buy an M2C for - it's not; my point is that BMW only have to shift 70 of them. There will be enough buyers that either don't care about the cost or see value in having the pinnacle of the F87 model. They won't have to discount much to shift them.

If BMW Australia suddenly secure another batch of 200 like they did with the 1M, different story completely.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #21
HiFi
Private First Class
48
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
My point is not whether the car is WORTH the premium over what you could buy an M2C for - it's not; my point is that BMW only have to shift 70 of them. There will be enough buyers that either don't care about the cost or see value in having the pinnacle of the F87 model. They won't have to discount much to shift them.

If BMW Australia suddenly secure another batch of 200 like they did with the 1M, different story completely.
Where did you see 70 units, my understanding is unit qtys are not yet confirmed. The M3CS was also sought after and also limited - the early orders got RRP but towards the end a fair number sold decently under RRP for a limited qty car (we transacted 2 of them so know exactly what they went for)

I could be wrong - just pointing out that history generally repeats in our experience. Will be interesting to watch
__________________
2018 M3 Competition - Alpine White | KW HAS | Bootmod3 CS+ Tune | AA Midpipe | CF Interior and Exterior bits
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 10:06 PM   #22
Piets94
First Lieutenant
78
Rep
306
Posts

Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Where did you see 70 units, my understanding is unit qtys are not yet confirmed. The M3CS was also sought after and also limited - the early orders got RRP but towards the end a fair number sold decently under RRP for a limited qty car (we transacted 2 of them so know exactly what they went for)

I could be wrong - just pointing out that history generally repeats in our experience. Will be interesting to watch
https://www.caradvice.com.au/825778/...ing-and-specs/

Nothing is certain. You can safely say that BMW Australia will be gunning for more units as well. Good luck to anyone that wants one and gets a decent price on it I guess.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST