BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Navigation Issue

11-20-2019, 06:47 AM   #1
Ron1231
Rep
Drives: 2013 E82 135i N55 Alpine White

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Navigation Issue

Hello guys,

I have been having a recurring issue with my navigation since the end of June. While the navigation is running, with an address already entered, it will suggest a new destination to go to. The new destination is usually very similar to the one already entered, but not the exact one. It happens 95% of the time I use the navigation. There's no defined time/distance/destination for the issue to arise, it will show up multiple times if the drive is long enough. The navigation has also turned off and restarted itself in the middle of giving directions 2-3x during the same timeframe, but that's very rare.

I brought it to the dealership, they reset the navigation once, still happens. I then had to wait for about 6 weeks for them to get a regional engineer from BMW to come and look at it on 11/12. He and the foreman checked the data and the "fasta" data that they needed the engineer for. They could not find any fault codes or replicate it (of course). I have provided my SA 11 picture of separate times it happened,not every single time just some of the times I took a pic. Also happened the day after I picked it up from the dealership. Has anyone else had this experience?

Pic for example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17zK...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0