BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Scheduling break in service while in Europe

09-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
brandontrek
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, S54 E36/8 M Coupe, X5d

Scheduling break in service while in Europe

Next week we leave for our ED of 9/30 and it looks like we will hit break in miles about 3/4 through our trip there. How many days out did you schedule your service? Any issues setting up the appointment?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
somberlaine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)

Make sure you schedule your break in service at the Welt. That's what I did. and I am glad i did it then because I don't know if i could have done it without the help of the folks there.

Most of the dealerships we contacted had no English speakers. Also, some dealerships had no available appointments for the times/locations i wanted. In my case, the lady who helped me was on the phone for close to 45 min before i had a confirmed appointment.

Good luck and enjoy your ED
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
frosty2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I emailed a dealership in Zurich a month before I left and used explicit wording so it could be run through google translate. The back and forth was a bit confusing but we got it set up ok.

Only bad part was the guy said it would only be a couple hours in the email, but when I arrived for my 8am appointment they said it would be ready around 5pm. After a minor flipout following that news on my part, they said they could have it by noon.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
MrMiaogi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 LBB M2 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I googled a bunch of dealers near the area where I was when service was needed. Happened to be near Nurburgring. I called them up and asked someone who spoke English to do my break-in service. Most Germans speak very good English from my experience.

Enjoy the ED and opening her up once she breaks in! Also make sure your dealership knows how to reimburse this. I had some trouble.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
FreudeamFahren18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80, 2022 G80m

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Make sure you schedule your break in service at the Welt. That's what I did. and I am glad i did it then because I don't know if i could have done it without the help of the folks there.

Most of the dealerships we contacted had no English speakers. Also, some dealerships had no available appointments for the times/locations i wanted. In my case, the lady who helped me was on the phone for close to 45 min before i had a confirmed appointment.

Good luck and enjoy your ED
Great idea. I forgot to do it in the welt and almost didn't get it done. 3 dealerships in Frankfurt Am Main hanged up on me coz none spoke English. I drove to one and luckily i met a manager who used to work in Chicago BMW office and understood my plight and squeezed me in. Had to pay for the service and was refunded the money by my dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Due to some changes in my trip itinerary, I ended up scheduling my break in service two days before with a dealership in Geneva. I filled out their online request form for service, and got a response within a few hours. I was in and out in about five hours. It was a great experience.

If you don't plan on changing your route much, I'd definitely do what others have mentioned and have Welt schedule it for you ahead of time.

Make sure to save the invoice and receipt and give it to your SA when you get back. Then be VERY patient. Mine took about four months to finally show up.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #7
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Wow, that's a great idea to schedule the service at the Welt. When I did my ED trip last year, I had a very difficult time getting mine set up and ultimately didn't do it. I went over by a couple hundred miles, but they automatically did the service at the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #8
somberlaine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post

Make sure to save the invoice and receipt and give it to your SA when you get back. Then be VERY patient. Mine took about four months to finally show up.
BMW mailed my break-in service refund check within two weeks from when i submitted the invoice to my SA. It was impressive!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #9
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
BMW mailed my break-in service refund check within two weeks from when i submitted the invoice to my SA. It was impressive!
Damn, that's awesome! Don't know what it was with mine. Personally, I think my SA did the right thing, but the service manager dropped the ball. Once I contacted the BMW geniuses, the problem was solved right away and the check came in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0