BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > The Topic That Answers All M2C(S) Exhaust Questions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #45
doughboy
Major General
doughboy's Avatar
United Kingdom
810
Rep
7,891
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
WHat is the reason behind this: not to change the cats before OPFS?
See my post previous (#36)

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=36
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 05:38 AM   #46
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3762
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Follow doughboy's comments...

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:20 AM   #47
Talx
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Israel

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I can confirm today that the Emulator Control Module or ECM is now available at pre-order. You have heard me talking about it for months now and finally it is available for a large number of cars.

The development took long and was done by a technical genius. Now the box is ready to be pre-ordered and shipped out with a large number of variants being available, because the ECM doesn't offer one function but many. Standard the box offers disabling of the ASD and auto start/stop. If you don't want those disabled, tell the seller before shipping.

Other features are OPF-Delete, CAT-Delete / Delete-R and valve control via the cruise control toggle on the steering wheel. You can opt of seven different variants that offer a mix between these features. At this moment, seven variants are being offered. Additional changes to the features in the box are not being offered right now, but further developments are of course on the cards for 2020. For now this product is available for clients that need a solution for their OPF-Delete and Delete-R, and for those who want to switch between OPEN, CLOSE and AUTO on their exhaust valves.

The ECM is connected to the CAN bus of the vehicle and therefore ECU or DME tuning is not required to disable any sensors. Therefore your warranty is not impacted.

However for us M2C owners there is a catch. The M2C and M4C with OPF are a pain in the ass. Since they are based on an architecture connected to the S55 engine, the OPF delete feature set of the ECM hasn't been finished yet. It will be finished in November with testing on-going as we speak. For a range of Fxx and Gxx models it is already available.
looks like it is now available on there site.

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...petition?c=261
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #48
prompt
Private
prompt's Avatar
United Kingdom
67
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: M2 COMP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Midlands UK

iTrader: (0)

Someone tried this yet?

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...W10240.6&c=261

There is something similar from another brand available?

Last edited by prompt; 12-02-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #49
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3762
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Finally an update from my end on this matter. Testing for the M2C has been ongoing the last months and bugs have not all been fixed.

The ECM for the M2C and M4 with OPF have not been finished yet. It is a pain in the ass for the developer to fix it, so we moved on and were contacted by a new supplier who has another solution.

More on this solution really soon. I have it in my hands tomorrow and the supplier says it work on the M2C right now. I think I will have it installed and then we will see what it does.

I will be back with you guys as soon as I know more tomorrow.

MR
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 05:45 AM   #50
prompt
Private
prompt's Avatar
United Kingdom
67
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: M2 COMP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Midlands UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Finally an update from my end on this matter. Testing for the M2C has been ongoing the last months and bugs have not all been fixed.

The ECM for the M2C and M4 with OPF have not been finished yet. It is a pain in the ass for the developer to fix it, so we moved on and were contacted by a new supplier who has another solution.

More on this solution really soon. I have it in my hands tomorrow and the supplier says it work on the M2C right now. I think I will have it installed and then we will see what it does.

I will be back with you guys as soon as I know more tomorrow.

MR
Any news about this?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:48 AM   #51
Danielo58
New Member
Danielo58's Avatar
Spain
13
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Finally an update from my end on this matter. Testing for the M2C has been ongoing the last months and bugs have not all been fixed.

The ECM for the M2C and M4 with OPF have not been finished yet. It is a pain in the ass for the developer to fix it, so we moved on and were contacted by a new supplier who has another solution.

More on this solution really soon. I have it in my hands tomorrow and the supplier says it work on the M2C right now. I think I will have it installed and then we will see what it does.

I will be back with you guys as soon as I know more tomorrow.

MR
Any news about this?
Hi mate, I'm running my car without OPF with AK Motion display. Soon will be a final version but I can confirm it is working like charm 💪🏼💪🏼
Appreciate 1
prompt67.00

      01-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #52
prompt
Private
prompt's Avatar
United Kingdom
67
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: M2 COMP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Midlands UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielo58 View Post
Hi mate, I'm running my car without OPF with AK Motion display. Soon will be a final version but I can confirm it is working like charm 💪🏼💪🏼
Thanks for the answer mate

any useful link about where to buy this?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #53
Danielo58
New Member
Danielo58's Avatar
Spain
13
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielo58 View Post
Hi mate, I'm running my car without OPF with AK Motion display. Soon will be a final version but I can confirm it is working like charm 💪🏼💪🏼
Thanks for the answer mate

any useful link about where to buy this?
Hi mate,

Find the link of the shop attached http://datadisplay.store/en/

Regards
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #54
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3762
Rep
2,705
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Any news about this?
Yes, There is an update... The current status is as follows:

- ECM OPF Delete solution works for the G-Series, but not the F-Series. The person behind the project is struggling with the final version that is completely fail safe for the M2C, M4C and M5(C). All other features for the ECM are working, just not OPF delete. Lots of empty promises the last two months, so I don't see this happening for the M2C anymore. I lost hope in the person that was working on it, and an extremely pissed off by his constant stream of promises that clearly was a decoy for the real issue that he can't get it to work.

But I am not giving up... I am hopeful we will get there in the end... My hate for the OPF is too big to just turn around and walk away from the project as a whole. I want to win and provide you guys with a solution we are all happy with it...

- AK Motion display solution is still being testing by Danielo58 and we all have to wait until the final software version is there. Personally, I think this solution might well be the one that is gonna work for everyone and the first to market as well. For now I would suggest this option as soon as it arrives. I will see what I can do to make a special offer for everyone here as soon as it is ready. I think Alex might be able to help on that matter as well.

I want to change to AK Motion as well, because my Awron display is slowly dying. The display is dying day after the day, and I need another solution soon. Awron is exit anyhow, so I will put that brand and its product behind me as soon as I can.

- At my end a decision needs to be made on the third solution that I have been offered. It needs some decent development work and a major investment, but cost wise it could be a good solution for everyone here. I am checking the business case if it is profitable for a company to jump into it and get it sorted.

My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 01-25-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 06:55 PM   #55
Danielo58
New Member
Danielo58's Avatar
Spain
13
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Any news about this?
Yes, There is an update... The current status is as follows:

- ECM OPF Delete solution works for the G-Series, but not the F-Series. The person behind the project is struggling with the final version that is completely fail safe for the M2C, M4C and M5(C). All other features for the ECM are working, just not OPF delete. Lots of empty promises the last two months, so I don't see this happening for the M2C anymore. I lost hope in the person that was working on it, and an extremely pissed off by his constant stream of promises that clearly was a decoy for the real issue that he can't get it to work.

But I am not giving up... I am hopeful we will get there in the end... My hate for the OPF is too big to just turn around and walk away from the project as a whole. I want to win and provide you guys with a solution we are all happy with it...

- AK Motion display solution is still being testing by Danielo58 and we all have to wait until the final software version is there. Personally, I think this solution might well be the one that is gonna work for everyone and the first to market as well. For now I would suggest this option as soon as it arrives. I will see what I can do to make a special offer for everyone here as soon as it is ready. I think Alex might be able to help on that matter as well.

I want to change to AK Motion as well, because my Awron display is slowly dying. The display is dying day after the day, and I need another solution soon. Awron is exit anyhow, so I will put that brand and its product behind me as soon as I can.

- At my end a decision needs to be made on the third solution that I have been offered. It needs some decent development work and a major investment, but cost wise it could be a good solution for everyone here. I am checking the business case if it is profitable for a company to jump into it and get it sorted.

My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.

MR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Any news about this?
Yes, There is an update... The current status is as follows:

- ECM OPF Delete solution works for the G-Series, but not the F-Series. The person behind the project is struggling with the final version that is completely fail safe for the M2C, M4C and M5(C). All other features for the ECM are working, just not OPF delete. Lots of empty promises the last two months, so I don't see this happening for the M2C anymore. I lost hope in the person that was working on it, and an extremely pissed off by his constant stream of promises that clearly was a decoy for the real issue that he can't get it to work.

But I am not giving up... I am hopeful we will get there in the end... My hate for the OPF is too big to just turn around and walk away from the project as a whole. I want to win and provide you guys with a solution we are all happy with it...

- AK Motion display solution is still being testing by Danielo58 and we all have to wait until the final software version is there. Personally, I think this solution might well be the one that is gonna work for everyone and the first to market as well. For now I would suggest this option as soon as it arrives. I will see what I can do to make a special offer for everyone here as soon as it is ready. I think Alex might be able to help on that matter as well.

I want to change to AK Motion as well, because my Awron display is slowly dying. The display is dying day after the day, and I need another solution soon. Awron is exit anyhow, so I will put that brand and its product behind me as soon as I can.

- At my end a decision needs to be made on the third solution that I have been offered. It needs some decent development work and a major investment, but cost wise it could be a good solution for everyone here. I am checking the business case if it is profitable for a company to jump into it and get it sorted.

My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.

MR
Hi MR

I have to go to the garaje to test the final connection and version next week and see if everything is working well, so I will keep you all updated.

About your question I think that Alexander reply someone that it is also possible to use it without screen, but not 100% sure.

I see the screen very helpfull to control flaps, and check temps, and also as a obd blocker as when it is active obd is not fully working and can be a good anti thief.

As I said I will keep you updated and I will record some videos that you can see that is working without limp mode.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 03:50 AM   #56
_RS4_
Lieutenant
Italy
368
Rep
422
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.
This.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST