BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Classifieds Section > Members Classifieds > 2019 M2 Competition: HS, Exec, Manual - GA

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #23
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
38
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: One
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Here in NY/NJ stock is definitely limited. In checking 12 dealers in the greater NYC area:

1 - 2018
1 - 2019
3 - 2020 (Listed online, but it could be a car on order, not necessarily in stock).

Thats not a lot of inventory. Every region is different I'm sure and everyone in the northeast wants SUV's anyways, but I check M2 inventory every couple of days and it's been consistently low. I know most dealers here also will automatically have cars that are on on order, or customer ordered past a certain status but not delivered will show up in their systems online.
100 Miles of 08816 there are the following New according to autotrader

From 2018-2020 12
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #24
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Im curious to see your deal on your next vehicle. My concern is their giving you 55 and might be making a few other places. As others have stated they got a 2020 for the same price you're trying to sell for. I don't see how the dealer will get 55 for you vehicle.

Lastly as stated before I can get a 2018 brand new for 48. Yours is a 2019 and used, second owner, I cant see it selling quick
Yeah I'm think I'm getting taken on the Alfa. I think thats where they are making their money on it. The trade on value for these cars are TERRIBLE right now. I'll NEVER and I mean NEVER buy a new care again.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #25
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
38
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: One
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooptie157 View Post
Yeah I'm think I'm getting taken on the Alfa. I think thats where they are making their money on it. The trade on value for these cars are TERRIBLE right now. I'll NEVER and I mean NEVER buy a new care again.
Ah the depreciation is only felt if you sell it. I read and had similar thoughts myself. I like the M2 and would like to purchase a lightly used, non tracked one. Knowing BMWs the depreciation on used ones appears to be for models I had 5k a year until some point. Seeing how 2018s M2 leftovers new are 48, I cant see a used 2019 selling for what your asking.

BTW Im liking that Silver!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #26
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Ah the depreciation is only felt if you sell it. I read and had similar thoughts myself. I like the M2 and would like to purchase a lightly used, non tracked one. Knowing BMWs the depreciation on used ones appears to be for models I had 5k a year until some point. Seeing how 2018s M2 leftovers new are 48, I cant see a used 2019 selling for what your asking.

BTW Im liking that Silver!
Yeah. Iíll lower the price as I make payments. Itís that or buy the qv for more then itís worth and be back in the same boat a year from now. Decisions.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #27
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

I decided against the QV for now even though the deal was amazing. Iíll sell the M2 outright and have no payments while I search for the best priced Alfa. So here goes...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #28
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

bump
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #29
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

Bump
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #30
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1850
Rep
3,639
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooptie157 View Post
I decided against the QV for now even though the deal was amazing. Iíll sell the M2 outright and have no payments while I search for the best priced Alfa. So here goes...
What kind of deals are they giving on the QV?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #31
Bumpinjeep
First Lieutenant
Bumpinjeep's Avatar
United_States
192
Rep
340
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Dude, come on, I know buying a car is an emotional choice, but this makes literally zero sense.
You're selling a car that is in high demand (a local dealer here has a 2019 w/ like 6k miles selling for MSRP new lol). For a car that dealers are discounting by $21K. TWENTY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Nobody is buying these cars, they're literally sitting on lots for years.
Just looked at what a trade in is on an 2019 QV with 2900 miles, it's as low as $43,240, which is roughly $5K less than the lowest trade in on your car (this is using cars.com BTW).
So really, unless the dealership is cutting you a check for like $5-$10K, then don't even think about doing it.
You could just buy a used one for under $40K & keep both cars.
__________________
2020 M2C HS
Executive, 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:13 PM   #32
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
38
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: One
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Dude, come on, I know buying a car is an emotional choice, but this makes literally zero sense.
You're selling a car that is in high demand (a local dealer here has a 2019 w/ like 6k miles selling for MSRP new lol). For a car that dealers are discounting by $21K. TWENTY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Nobody is buying these cars, they're literally sitting on lots for years.
Just looked at what a trade in is on an 2019 QV with 2900 miles, it's as low as $43,240, which is roughly $5K less than the lowest trade in on your car (this is using cars.com BTW).
So really, unless the dealership is cutting you a check for like $5-$10K, then don't even think about doing it.
You could just buy a used one for under $40K & keep both cars.
Interesting. On the east coast this same car (2019 M2C) for sale by someone else on ebay for 53.5k which was reduced from 57k, no bites yet. I see a few of these sitting around that are unsold. Not sure who is going to pay MSRP for a 2019 with 6k miles.

Here is another one on this forum, just waiting to be sold. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1634709 .

Last edited by silvercas; 07-23-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #33
Bumpinjeep
First Lieutenant
Bumpinjeep's Avatar
United_States
192
Rep
340
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Interesting. On the east coast this same car (2019 M2C) for sale by someone else on ebay for 53.5k which was reduced from 57k, no bites yet. I see a few of these sitting around that are unsold. Not sure who is going to pay MSRP for a 2019 with 6k miles.

Here is another one on this forum, just waiting to be sold. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1634709 .
Crazy, the one that was at BMW NW last week sold already, probably at MSRP.

Needless to say, trading a M2C for a QV and NOT getting money back from the dealership is nuts.
__________________
2020 M2C HS
Executive, 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #34
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1850
Rep
3,639
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Crazy, the one that was at BMW NW last week sold already, probably at MSRP.

Needless to say, trading a M2C for a QV and NOT getting money back from the dealership is nuts.
Huh, are QV's getting that cheap? I thought they were still around 60k. Seems like at best you'd get an even trade.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #35
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1850
Rep
3,639
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Dude, come on, I know buying a car is an emotional choice, but this makes literally zero sense.
You're selling a car that is in high demand (a local dealer here has a 2019 w/ like 6k miles selling for MSRP new lol). For a car that dealers are discounting by $21K. TWENTY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Nobody is buying these cars, they're literally sitting on lots for years.
Just looked at what a trade in is on an 2019 QV with 2900 miles, it's as low as $43,240, which is roughly $5K less than the lowest trade in on your car (this is using cars.com BTW).
So really, unless the dealership is cutting you a check for like $5-$10K, then don't even think about doing it.
You could just buy a used one for under $40K & keep both cars.
Show me a link for a clean used QV for 40k, I'd buy one for a daily
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 12:45 PM   #36
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
38
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: One
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Show me a link for a clean used QV for 40k, I'd buy one for a daily
closest I found to 40k - https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used...ting=237385580

not sure what the appeal is of this car. Rather have an M2C
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 01:11 AM   #37
Bumpinjeep
First Lieutenant
Bumpinjeep's Avatar
United_States
192
Rep
340
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...ff=share_other
Plenty of them for $40k, that's before you haggle.
Honestly, If you're interested, get it for the lowest price possible as the value will still be dropping on these cars. You're also going to need new tires if you're planning on daily driving it as it comes on tires that aren't suitable for rain or colder weather. Also, don't forget that it's performance is based on the tires it comes on, so when you put regular tires on the car, the performance will degrade drastically.
__________________
2020 M2C HS
Executive, 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #38
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1850
Rep
3,639
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
closest I found to 40k - https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used...ting=237385580

not sure what the appeal is of this car. Rather have an M2C
505 hp Ferrari derived V6 sounds like a pretty good reason to me. That one has lemon and accident history and is still 44k.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #39
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1850
Rep
3,639
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...ff=share_other
Plenty of them for $40k, that's before you haggle.
Honestly, If you're interested, get it for the lowest price possible as the value will still be dropping on these cars. You're also going to need new tires if you're planning on daily driving it as it comes on tires that aren't suitable for rain or colder weather. Also, don't forget that it's performance is based on the tires it comes on, so when you put regular tires on the car, the performance will degrade drastically.
Dang 43K miles on a 2018....Price isn't bad if you're going to go ahead and ut a ton of miles on it. A friend of mine just picked up a loaded 18 with 1,500 miles for low 50's.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 05:53 PM   #40
Bumpinjeep
First Lieutenant
Bumpinjeep's Avatar
United_States
192
Rep
340
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Dang 43K miles on a 2018....Price isn't bad if you're going to go ahead and ut a ton of miles on it. A friend of mine just picked up a loaded 18 with 1,500 miles for low 50's.
Just buy a new one for $57K.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7783/overview/
Seriously though, if the OP is looking at a new car, he should get a straight up trade. Again, you have to save some money for the new tires and exorbitant maintenance costs.
__________________
2020 M2C HS
Executive, 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #41
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

Yeah thatís why I didnít take the trade. Iíd rather sell this then get into one at high 40ís and lower my overall payments. That one at 44 or whatever has a lot of miles and I think an accident. Also ALL the other Qvís in the mid 40ís have a
Branded title.

We will see how the m2 sells. Mine is still the cheapest in a 300 miles radius.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 05:04 PM   #42
3tekcorps
Major
781
Rep
1,037
Posts

Drives: In Gestation
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29059/...5-million-debt

"Dallas Alfa Romeo Dealer Has 50 Cars Repossessed to Recover $35 Million Deb"

That's how bad sales are! I think Alfa Romeo will be making a short lived return to the US market.

I'd love a sedan, but also like being able to get my car serviced and a warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 12:19 PM   #43
Hooptie157
First Lieutenant
United_States
132
Rep
351
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Smyrna GA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29059/...5-million-debt

"Dallas Alfa Romeo Dealer Has 50 Cars Repossessed to Recover $35 Million Deb"

That's how bad sales are! I think Alfa Romeo will be making a short lived return to the US market.

I'd love a sedan, but also like being able to get my car serviced and a warranty.
I thought that was a specific dealership issue. Not the cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 06:25 AM   #44
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
38
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: One
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

here is an article on the QV : https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-car-for-sale/
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST