BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Ask a Pro Detailer from Detailer's Domain

06-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #45
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
are you looking for a pro to install or diy if a DIY pick up

Gyeon Rim
Got the stuff, thanks for the quick shipping kit looks nice. Is this a product that should be just one coat or is this something I should do in two coats.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #46
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

you should be able to do the all 4 wheels you might be able to stretch a 2nd coat.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #47
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
how about a coating or a good sealant?
It's a huge van, so I'm open to and idea that wouldn't cost a ton of money or have me out messing with it for days.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 06:50 AM   #48
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

you can pick up a coating and install it, then maintain with a good product like Nanolex Wash Coat and a good detail spray.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #49
saint3448
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Sunset Orange M2C

Question

Any recommendations on removing black scuff marks from a Modesta coated front bumper? Black marks are from track time, so pretty small.

Also, any suggestion on a quick detailed that works well with Modesta?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #50
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

the Kenotek Showroom Shine works great, the Nanolex Final Finish does as well.

as for the black marks what have you already tried?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #51
cvx1984
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I am looking to pick up a new DA polisher. Currently I have a GG 3 inch and 6 inch. I am looking to get either the Rupes MK II 21 or the Flex 3401. I haven't had a chance to try out either machine but can you tell me your opinion on both? I would mainly be using to jewel paint, apply waxes, sealants etc... I do multi step corrections on friend's cars every so often as well.

Last edited by cvx1984; 07-13-2016 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #52
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

if your in NJ come by and take one for a test drive. I would suggest the Rupes LHR15 MKII I think it's the best machine currently out
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #53
cvx1984
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Is your shop open on Saturday?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #54
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
I'm wait on my BSM M2 and doing some research on what products to use. In 2008 when I got my BSM 135i I used Zaino products Z2, Z5, Z6 and Z8. Regularly still use Z6 and Z8 after a wash. Car still look good after 8 years.

It appears that there is not many people using Zaino any more.

My question is should I keep using Zaino when I get my new M2 or are they now better products on the market?

Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 10:38 PM   #55
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNJNQ View Post
I'm wait on my BSM M2 and doing some research on what products to use. In 2008 when I got my BSM 135i I used Zaino products Z2, Z5, Z6 and Z8. Regularly still use Z6 and Z8 after a wash. Car still look good after 8 years.

My question is should I keep using Zaino when I get my new M2 or are they now better products on the market?
you can take a look at Nanolex or Gyeon, there are easier products that I feel look great. There is a detail supply shop in Sydney you should reach out to them.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #56
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Not to hijack the thread but there are many great products out there that as our moderator says are much easier to work with and are also very effective. From my perspective there are tons of advancements made these past years. Going through a shop like detailers domain is a great way to let them select the best products for the job. Nothing wrong with Zaino but there are better products that might be worth looking at.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 11:27 PM   #57
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx1984 View Post
Is your shop open on Saturday?
typically on Sat we are appointment only.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #58
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan
Quote:

Not to hijack the thread but there are many great products out there that as our moderator says are much easier to work with and are also very effective. From my perspective there are tons of advancements made these past years. Going through a shop like detailers domain is a great way to let them select the best products for the job. Nothing wrong with Zaino but there are better products that might be worth looking at.
I've been using Zaino on my cars for 10 years and love it! I agree,it's a lot of work so I'm open to the easiest yet most effective product available.Cost does not concern me.

I was planning on using Cquartz, something I've never seen or used but I hear it's super easy to apply.

Thoughts
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #59
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Wow, after reading these 3 pages my head is spinning!

Detailersdomain, for someone like me who is a amateur when it comes to detailing, could you summarize an effective regimen for someone like me? I guess sort of a shopping list of items...relatively simple and straightforward?
I'm expecting my BSM m2 next week. Will be partially protecting it with xpel.
Looking for everything from wheel/tire cleaners, wash soap and paint protection.

Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #60
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Wow, after reading these 3 pages my head is spinning!

Detailersdomain, for someone like me who is a amateur when it comes to detailing, could you summarize an effective regimen for someone like me? I guess sort of a shopping list of items...relatively simple and straightforward?
I'm expecting my BSM m2 next week. Will be partially protecting it with xpel.
Looking for everything from wheel/tire cleaners, wash soap and paint protection.

Much appreciated.
That is a pretty huge request. There is plenty of information out there on products and processes to follow. I suggest looking at the info on detailers domain and detailed image, both have good information . Detailed image has a how to on everything you could ever want to know. Also chemical guys has some good tutorials, they push their products too much for my taste but the core information is there and it's good. There are a lot of personal decisions that have to be made like budget, how much time you have to put into the car care and what your expectations are. Not sure give me a list of what I need is a fair question. I would keep it simple, initially and continue to research products. I would buy the premium products folks like detailers domain sells because they are far more effective than anything you get a Walmart and not much more expensive. Wash with the two bucket method and you'll save yourself some headaches with that BSM paint. You can get really deep into detailing and car care, I am a sick puppy when it comes to this. For some car car is washing the car when it is fully covered in dirt and looks terrible with no attention to actual detailing, others spend 4 hours a week or more cleaning and detailing and we have buffers to remove swirls and a special brush or microfiber for every little area of the car. Your post doesn't tell which end of the spectrum your on. You might not know yet so some research is a good thing for you to do. My 2 cents at least.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #61
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
That is a pretty huge request. There is plenty of information out there on products and processes to follow. I suggest looking at the info on detailers domain and detailed image, both have good information . Detailed image has a how to on everything you could ever want to know. Also chemical guys has some good tutorials, they push their products too much for my taste but the core information is there and it's good. There are a lot of personal decisions that have to be made like budget, how much time you have to put into the car care and what your expectations are. Not sure give me a list of what I need is a fair question. I would keep it simple, initially and continue to research products. I would buy the premium products folks like detailers domain sells because they are far more effective than anything you get a Walmart and not much more expensive. Wash with the two bucket method and you'll save yourself some headaches with that BSM paint. You can get really deep into detailing and car care, I am a sick puppy when it comes to this. For some car car is washing the car when it is fully covered in dirt and looks terrible with no attention to actual detailing, others spend 4 hours a week or more cleaning and detailing and we have buffers to remove swirls and a special brush or microfiber for every little area of the car. Your post doesn't tell which end of the spectrum your on. You might not know yet so some research is a good thing for you to do. My 2 cents at least.
Thanks for this. You are absolutely right...guess the excitement of being so close to finally getting my car has got me scrambling and I guess, looking for short cuts lol. I've since been reading and yes, it's a big universe when it comes to detailing. Think I'll just follow your advice and visit our sponsors and get myself into a simple, yet effective regimen.
I'm not looking for anything 'hardcore' (I'll leave that up to the pro detailer shops)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #62
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Thanks for this. You are absolutely right...guess the excitement of being so close to finally getting my car has got me scrambling and I guess, looking for short cuts lol. I've since been reading and yes, it's a big universe when it comes to detailing. Think I'll just follow your advice and visit our sponsors and get myself into a simple, yet effective regimen.
I'm not looking for anything 'hardcore' (I'll leave that up to the pro detailer shops)
Dabozo, for detailing products for canucks, http://eshine.ca is your friend
Appreciate 1
Dabozo624.50
      08-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #63
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

so here are some basics.

Wash
Grit Guard Buckets x 2
Nanolex Pure Shampoo
Adam's Wash Mitt for the tops
Uber Yellow Wash Sponge - bottoms
Kenotek Showroom Shine - can be used as touch up or drying agent
Uber Super Drying Towel
Metro Air Force Master Blaster 4 hp (if you have the budget)

Wheels and Tires

Adam's Tire and Rubber Cleaner
Nanolex Wheel Cleaner and Iron Remover
Wheel Woolies
EZ Detail Brush (gets behind the calipers)
Braun Wheel Brush
Adam's Super VRT (nice satin finish)
Adam's Hex Tire Applicator

Glass
Kenotek Glass Cleaner
Dr. Beasley's Glass Waxx

Microfibers
Uber Hitech Glass Towels
Uber Classic MF Towels
Uber Interior MF Towels

Interior
Nanolex Interior Cleaner
Sonax Leather Foam

Last edited by Detailers Domain; 08-23-2016 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 8
gmzanatta1823.00
Dabozo624.50
atxsk8r1568.50
D CHOI580.00
ried791.50
BAN_M2C4154.50
mokrunka140.00
arwin132.50
      08-24-2016, 08:00 AM   #64
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
Dabozo, for detailing products for canucks, http://eshine.ca is your friend
Thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #65
Dabozo
Major
Rep

This is super...Thanks for this.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 09:04 AM   #66
bm2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

Where do I buy ceramic paint protection, Ive been looking and no luck!! Which is best!?