BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > 2nd CEL in 1 week of ownership

12-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #23
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I'm sorry to make light of your issues but i LOL'd when i read that. I'm like, man, this guy can't catch a break, and then this line and i started to .
My local dealer has a 5 day buy back policy. I would exercise that, I've done it before, just a FYI.
Is this even real life? Either OP is super unlucky or he did some evil shit in his previous life
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #24
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
So sorry to hear this...that really sucks. Hopefully it just needs a new bumper cover. If that is all, at the end of day it is just cosmetic and I'd just move on. If it is more significant damage I'd look into a diminished value claim.

If you have good insurance, it might be easier for you to pay your deductible and let them handle it. You'll eventually get your deductible back and at least you are working with people on your side...

GL with this.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 08:56 AM   #25
Bobdaxx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 MT

NEVER got to BMW of alex.... in NVA for ANY service...its that simple. You need to read the reviews. Once you do, you would have to ask yourself Why would ever take your car there?

I had a CEL and I took it to sterling, even thou I bought from Alex. I have a great service manager at Sterling-one that I trust. Fairfax is good too. All you have to do is ask a reputable bmw indie shop where to go.

Just because you bought from there does not mean you ever bring it there for any service. Any BMW will work on your car. And Alex...continues to call me for service despite me changing my preferred service provider in my Idrive. They are not to be trusted.

My advice; buy from there but run as soon as you are done and do not ever get suckered into a service agreement esp from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #26
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNooob View Post
Unfortunately, accident is something that I have figure out with the tow truck's insurance. They are going to cover it, but I'm not taking back a 5 day old car that got into an accident while at the dealership for service. So I will get it fixed and then go forward I guess.

Stay away from BMW of ****andria
I'm confused, was the dealership in possession of your car when the accident occurred? Didn't they send out the truck, i.e. it's a tow company they made arrangements to pick up your car, not you? If so they are liable and you should not throw in the towel. This is what I meant by you should lawyer up in a earlier post. It's amazing how quickly things change once you get legal on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #27
BimmerNooob
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I'm confused, was the dealership in possession of your car when the accident occurred? Didn't they send out the truck, i.e. it's a tow company they made arrangements to pick up your car, not you? If so they are liable and you should not throw in the towel. This is what I meant by you should lawyer up in a earlier post. It's amazing how quickly things change once you get legal on them.
Almost. I dropped my car off for the 2nd CEL. While it was in their possession, a tow truck with a different vehicle, reversed into my park car in the dealer lot.

So the tow truck that hit my parked vehicle, was not for my car. I even talked to my insurance and the tow truck insurance companies, and they responded by saying unfortunately I need to have a hand in this to get it repaired, even though it was on the dealer lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #28
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Ah, that's different. I would still get legal advice to make sure...
      12-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #29
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Almost. I dropped my car off for the 2nd CEL. While it was in their possession, a tow truck with a different vehicle, reversed into my park car in the dealer lot.

So the tow truck that hit my parked vehicle, was not for my car. I even talked to my insurance and the tow truck insurance companies, and they responded by saying unfortunately I need to have a hand in this to get it repaired, even though it was on the dealer lot.
To insurance companies this is just a claim so they will tell you what needs to be done to get it fixed. Your car however was on the dealers lot and was damaged (not your fault by who) while it was in their possession. Not sure if you've accepted this and moved on, but if you haven't try calling BMW NA and make a complaint then call the dealerships management. Just tell them you're ready to get legal on them if they don't make things right...

Just my 2¢

GL
Appreciate 1
Conissah1576.00
      12-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #30
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:

To insurance companies this is just a claim so they will tell you what needs to be done to get it fixed. Your car however was on the dealers lot and was damaged (not your fault by who) while it was in their possession. Not sure if you've accepted this and moved on, but if you haven't try calling BMW NA and make a complaint then call the dealerships management. Just tell them you're ready to get legal on them if they don't make things right...

Just my 2¢

GL
I would also include the fact that if it weren't for the ridiculous fact that you've had 2 CEL already, this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't expect them to buy the car back but they should certainly make it right. At least a few good carbon fiber parts on their dime would make me happy...
Appreciate 0