BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Servicing costs

12-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Servicing costs

Hi all, haven't bought an M2 yet but was wondering if anyone can tell me what I should be expecting in terms of servicing costs here in Australia? Would be great to hear how much people have spent at varying intervals of ownership of the car.

I don't really know any workshops and would plan to bring the car into a dealership for servicing.
Appreciate 1
Arbit14.00
      12-13-2019, 02:36 AM   #2
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Five years was $2500 from memory.

I would definitely find an Indi if I didn’t have service included!
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 04:47 AM   #3
fastcars
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

If you work for a company that has membership of the BMW Corporate Program you get the following benefits included with your purchase:-

1) Gold member companies receive BMW Service Inclusive for 3 years or 60,000kms.
2) Platinum member companies receive BMW Service Inclusive for 5 years or 80,000kms.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2019, 04:23 AM   #4
///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Hi all, haven't bought an M2 yet but was wondering if anyone can tell me what I should be expecting in terms of servicing costs here in Australia? Would be great to hear how much people have spent at varying intervals of ownership of the car.
I'm in the same boat as you.

I asked the dealer to include the Service Inclusive Package (Basic Level for 5 Years). As HFW mentioned, it is priced at about $2,500. If you want the premium version of this service is $7,500 (includes brakes, clutch and oddly, wiper blades!).

I asked the workshop in Melbourne how much it costs for the 2,000kms run-in service. Around $700 - $800 - Apparently, it is not just the inspection. They change the engine oil, transmission fluid (I think), diff oil change, etc.,).

However, how much it cost to service depends on your mileage and how you drive the car. They are all Conditional Servicing so the onboard computer tells them what to change now. The cost can be as low as $300 - $400, but it can be high as $2,000.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 03:24 AM   #5
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcars View Post
If you work for a company that has membership of the BMW Corporate Program you get the following benefits included with your purchase:-

1) Gold member companies receive BMW Service Inclusive for 3 years or 60,000kms.
2) Platinum member companies receive BMW Service Inclusive for 5 years or 80,000kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post

I would definitely find an Indi if I didn't have service included!

Great - thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 03:28 AM   #6
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hithere View Post
Quote:

I asked the dealer to include the Service Inclusive Package (Basic Level for 5 Years). As HFW mentioned, it is priced at about $2,500. If you want the premium version of this service is $7,500 (includes brakes, clutch and oddly, wiper blades!).

I asked the workshop in Melbourne how much it costs for the 2,000kms run-in service. Around $700 - $800 - Apparently, it is not just the inspection. They change the engine oil, transmission fluid (I think), diff oil change, etc.,).

However, how much it cost to service depends on your mileage and how you drive the car. They are all Conditional Servicing so the onboard computer tells them what to change now. The cost can be as low as $300 - $400, but it can be high as $2,000.
Quote:

I would definitely find an Indi if I didn't have service included!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcars View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hithere View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the input - saw your thread on choosing between a manual and auto... I am in the same boat doing research between the two. Am definitely leaning towards the manual. I know it's not the same but I chose getting a dsg over manual for my golf r and do miss driving manual all the time (even tho the manual on the golf r felt terrible).

I see you're also looking at muffler options too haha.. that's the same with me.. I'm keen on the MPE but really have to find some local melb forum members to check it out. Worried it's ridiculously loud (I don't want to be that lousy neighbour annoying everyone!) plus i did hear it has some bad drone issues. Guess it's really subjective to what tolerance people have for these things.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2020, 05:37 PM   #7
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

For people based in Victoria - can people recommend an eastern suburbs based workshop for servicing going forward (and maybe minor mods going forward e.g. exhaust etc.)?

Would be great to hear people's experiences and why do they go there!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #8
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

German autohaus in Richmond is good. They do my mods.

Servicing I do at a dealer because I have the package.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2020, 03:56 AM   #9
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
German autohaus in Richmond is good. They do my mods.

Servicing I do at a dealer because I have the package.
Great - will shortlist them for when I get my car.

If you don't mind me asking - what mods have they done for you?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 05:19 AM   #10
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Intercooler, charge pipe, inlet pipe, downpipe, and rear reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #11
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
For people based in Victoria - can people recommend an eastern suburbs based workshop for servicing going forward (and maybe minor mods going forward e.g. exhaust etc.)?

While it's not an M2, but I'm here stalking looking to purchase one, I get my BMWs (135i, X5) serviced with Jin at EasternBM.

Ex BMW head mechanic started his own shop, nice guy and won't muck you around. It's not a fancy shop like a dealer though, but he knows his N54/N55/S55's and way around these cars.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #12
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

I would definitely find an Indi if I didn’t have service included!
I got this price table.

Name:  Servicing_Plan.png
Views: 2996
Size:  201.9 KB
Appreciate 3
      01-13-2020, 06:35 AM   #13
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Intercooler, charge pipe, inlet pipe, downpipe, and rear reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 06:43 AM   #14
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Quote:

While it's not an M2, but I'm here stalking looking to purchase one, I get my BMWs (135i, X5) serviced with Jin at EasternBM.

Ex BMW head mechanic started his own shop, nice guy and won't muck you around. It's not a fancy shop like a dealer though, but he knows his N54/N55/S55's and way around these cars.
Appreciated - thanks for that. Will definitely look into them when the time comes!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 05:08 AM   #15
B Diddy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Pure

Do you have the pricing for the 10 year BSI plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
I got this price table.

Attachment 2217353
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #16
///LBB Rav
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M (Pre-LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Diddy View Post

Quote:
I got this price table.

Attachment 2217353
I could be wrong but I thought that was a promotional offer in Dec 2019 to help boost otherwise (relatively) low car sales in the month. I'm looking to sell my M2 and dealerships were wanting to do good deals just to make their numbers for the month.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #17
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Diddy View Post
Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't have.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:32 PM   #18
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///LBB Rav View Post
I could be wrong but I thought that was a promotional offer in Dec 2019 to help boost otherwise (relatively) low car sales in the month. I'm looking to sell my M2 and dealerships were wanting to do good deals just to make their numbers for the month.
I think M2C is not their priority to boost its sales.
I tried several dealerships in NSW as well as a buying agent, BMW seems focusing on sales of X3/X5 and 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:58 PM   #19
///LBB Rav
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M (Pre-LCI)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///LBB Rav View Post
I think M2C is not their priority to boost its sales.
I tried several dealerships in NSW as well as a buying agent, BMW seems focusing on sales of X3/X5 and 3 series.
yup exactly! it's mainly for the units that they get more commonly than M cars
Appreciate 0