BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > S55 stock engine / fuel system's tuning limits

12-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
FuliM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M2Competition Stage2+

S55 stock engine / fuel system's tuning limits

Hello Guys!

I'm currently run stage2+ custom tune on stock turbos, making around 630+ps / 880+Nm , on E50 fuel. My very best 100-200 km/h time on this setup is 5.99s corrected Dragy measure. Its an Eu spec M2C with Dct, 763M with cup2s.

Also have Gintani crankhub kit ( I had a stock crankhub spin immediately at stage2 ), Forge chargepipes, upgraded spark plugs for ethanol, KN drop in filters, and fully opened turbo back custom exhaust with highflow downpipes.

Next week I'm going to install TTE740+ hybrid turbos, so will go to stage 3.

Since now I didn't updated the cars DME so I can flash easily any map via OBD2, and I'm planning to have 5-6 different custom maps for the TTE as well as I now have for the stocks. ( low boost linear map, pump fuel only, Ethanol mixtures with higher boost, etc )

I dont want to use any WMI or port injection, wanna stick to the stock fuel system. Here we only have 100 ron pump fuel, which is good for around 660ps, or I can mix this 100ron pump with 100% pure Ethanol for better results... ( ?? )

What are the limits of the stock fuel systems at stage 3 ? Injectors? HPFP / LPFP ?

Can the stock fuel system support a moderate E50 ethanol mixture content on stage 3 without WMI or PI ?

What are the Nm limits of the stock clutch with stock tcu software ? ( still no GTS tcu software available for EU spec M2C ?? )

What HP / Nm do you guess at pump 100ron vs E50?

Will update the thread when the tune finish

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
armiii
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Sorry for question,

Would you recommend Gintani crank hub kit for stock m2c ?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiii View Post
Sorry for question,

Would you recommend Gintani crank hub kit for stock m2c ?
No - all stock M2Cs are under warranty. Installing a crank hub fix will void that - making the fix pointless
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
FuliM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M2Competition Stage2+

For stock cars dont need because of warranty. If you want to tune it I would start the the crankhub fix as a first step. I think Gintani’s kit is (one of) the best in the market, because it has to be pinned into the stock crank = Never can spin anymore.
Appreciate 0