BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C Ordered, waiting, questions...

12-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

M2C Ordered, waiting, questions...

First I want to thank the guys and gals on these forums for all the great info.

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 M2C, Hockenheim, 6MT, orange stitching. Canadian cars get most everything standard, I just added the storage package and HK. No wireless charging (have it in my F31 and it blows), no speed limit info and no moonroof. I know I'm going to miss the 360 cam and HUD from my F31.

The catch is it’s only going to be here in March or so the wait begins.

I feel like this is the last “real” car I will own, the next one most likely electric. Test drove the M340i also as it would have been a much more logical/practical choice but the car felt so digital that I feel it will actually be a better car when they go all electric. I really hated the new digital dash. Almost got the DCT so my wife could drive and she toll me "get the car you really want". So 6MT it is!

Some questions while I wait for my M2C:

1. Does the F87 have the same problem with the noisy window/door seals as the F30s? Both my 14’ and 17’ F31s had this issue. The seals get noisy after 20-30k miles.

2. Stupid question but does the F87 suffer from the same painfully slow washer fluid filler as the F30s?

3. Are there any real winter tires available for the M2C? Like Xice or Blizzak? I would probably get a dedicated winter set up. Fall back plan is the 641M set up with the PA4's.\

4. Anybody have young kids in the back? Any fitment issues? Mine are 4 & 5, need be I will purchase new car seats that fit better. The ones I have are bulky. I just need to drive 1 mile to the daycare/school...

I plan on keeping the car stock mostly. This will be my daily. Cheers!
      12-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
M1Curious
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f31mtl View Post

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 M2C, Hokenheim, 6MT, orange stitching. Canadian cars get most everything standard, I just added the storage package and HK. No wireless charging (have it in my F31 and it blows), no speed limit info and no moonroof. I know I'm going to miss the 360 cam and HUD from my F31.

I feel like this is the last “real” car I will own, the next one most likely electric. Test drove the M340i also as it would have been a much more logical/practical choice but the car felt so digital that I feel it will actually be a better car when they go all electric. I really hated the new digital dash. Almost got the DCT so my wife could drive and she toll me "get the car you really want". So 6MT it is!

1. Does the F87 have the same problem with the noisy window/door seals as the F30s? Both my 14’ and 17’ F31s had this issue. The seals get noisy after 20-30k miles.

2. Stupid question but does the F87 suffer from the same painfully slow washer fluid filler as the F30s?

3. Are there any real winter tires available for the M2C? Like Xice or Blizzak? I would probably get a dedicated winter set up. Fall back plan is the 641M set up with the PA4's.\

4. Anybody have young kids in the back? Any fitment issues? Mine are 4 & 5, need be I will purchase new car seats that fit better. The ones I have are bulky. I just need to drive 1 mile to the daycare/school...

i can answer the last one about kids. as long as its front facing you will be fine. the front seats scoot up quite a bit. the only seats that i cant use are the rear facing permanent child seats. the ones you can't detach the carrier. seats are to deep to get the kiddo into those unless u climb into the backseat. otherwise you should be good!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 M2C, Hokenheim, 6MT, orange stitching. Canadian cars get most everything standard, I just added the storage package and HK. No wireless charging (have it in my F31 and it blows), no speed limit info and no moonroof. I know I'm going to miss the 360 cam and HUD from my F31.

Congrats! I don't think (at least here in the US), that any of the M2C come with a 360 cam. We get a lot of stuff standard, but even mine with options doesn't have it. As for the back seats, I have 0 experience with car seats, but they are roomy. I have given plenty of rides to people, the tallest being right at 6', and all had plenty of head and leg room.

Some mods to make the car much better as a daily, I would HIGHLY recommend the PNP ASD bypass harness. The ASD is extremely annoying, not to mention overly intrusive and loud, so bypassing it is awesome. I would also highly recommend the BMS Clutch stop, makes engaging the clutch much easier.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Yeah I will look into the PNP ASD... you can't code it out like in the F30? I will probably get tired of it after a few months.
      12-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Yeah I will look into the PNP ASD... you can't code it out like in the F30? I will probably get tired of it after a few months.
You can, but some people have a static noise when coding out, so I went for the true elimination and bought the harness.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #6
f87.lci
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2- 6MT

Congrats! Were you ever debating blue stitching vs orange? Did you see both of them in person? I also think orange with HK will look awsome.

Quote:

2018 BMW M2 (LBB)| 6MT| |MPE| Vorsteiner VFF 107| Vorsteiner CF Front Lip| MP Winglets|Evo Comp II Intercooler |Fabspeed Sportcat Downpipe| FTP Boost /Charge Pipes |PT Turbo Inlet Pipe| |Turbosmart DV| |BM3 Stage 2 93 Tune| |BMW Electronic Wheel||KW V3 Coilovers|

IG: https://www.instagram.com/f87lci/
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      12-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #7
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Orange is my favorite color so it was an easy call. I did test drive an AW with orange interior and really liked it. But I can see how many people would see blue as more of an "M" color. The blue is more subdued for sure.
      12-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #8
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Orange is my favorite color so it was an easy call. I did test drive an AW with orange interior and really liked it. But I can see how many people would see blue as more of an "M" color. The blue is more subdued for sure.
I also went with Hockenheim silver/orange stitching along with a manual. The interior of the M2c is really dark with all the black leather and even though in general I prefer the color blue to orange, I think in the case of our cars, it makes things feel a little "cold" while the orange brightens things up a bit and feels happier and warmer.

I can't really answer any of your questions except the first one: I believe the answer is yes. I can hear the seals around my windows (i think that's where the sound is coming from) squeak any time i'm going slow and the chassis flexes (I park in an underground garage and hitting the ramps at an angle always elicits some creaking sounds.)

The sounds I have sound a lot like this guy's and I assume they're the same thing:
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #9
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Quote:
I also went with Hockenheim silver/orange stitching along with a manual. The interior of the M2c is really dark with all the black leather and even though in general I prefer the color blue to orange, I think in the case of our cars, it makes things feel a little "cold" while the orange brightens things up a bit and feels happier and warmer.

I can't really answer any of your questions except the first one: I believe the answer is yes. I can hear the seals around my windows (i think that's where the sound is coming from) squeak any time i'm going slow and the chassis flexes (I park in an underground garage and hitting the ramps at an angle always elicits some creaking sounds.)

The sounds I have sound a lot like this guy's and I assume they're the same thing:
I have a solution for your seal squeak. Grab some Bead Maker paint sealant and use it on the door jams. The will sound disappear.
Moflow2484.50
      12-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #10
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Talking

Quote:

no

no idea as it doesnt rain here (except on weekends)

no idea as it doesnt snow here (ever)

Yes they'll be fine and it's a privilege to be in the back of an m car (mine are 6 and 4)

no, you need to tune it.
you're welcome
Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50
      12-09-2019, 06:00 PM   #11
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
you're welcome
      12-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #12
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Totally agree. Especially without the moonroof.
      12-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #13
av.7447
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90

Quote:

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 M2C, Hockenheim, 6MT, orange stitching. Canadian cars get most everything standard, I just added the storage package and HK. No wireless charging (have it in my F31 and it blows), no speed limit info and no moonroof. I know I'm going to miss the 360 cam and HUD from my F31.

Were you able to get any discounts? Which dealer did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #14
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

Sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0