BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 8S4 Variable Light Decoding

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2018, 01:47 AM   #67
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1897
Rep
7,785
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I have ISTA+ installed now, do you know what the process is for getting this light pattern up?

Do you need to have coded what we assume to be necessary for NGHB first before doing the light pattern, or is the pattern separate from that, and just sends commands to the lights directly?
Yes, it should be coded.

You use procedure here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=900732

But, you have to pre-load EU profile using basic features.
Appreciate 1
jonahk90.00

      04-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #68
bigrum
Private
bigrum's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 17 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside Salma Hayek (Seattle/Eastside)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
BIMMERCODE

Coding for 8S4 (VLD):

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > 9C,9C,9C (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_AFS_ENA > Enable (Both)

Coding for 5AP (GFHB):

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ENA > Enable (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_GRHB_ENA > Highway_Standby_AFS

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA > Enable

Note: You'll see two blue check marks next to some of these. Press the top one. It will uncheck the one below it. Now you can enable one of the two 'enable' options (if there are two). Back out. Go back in. Both correct selections should have the blue check mark next to them.
I've been struggling with both of these (VLD and 5AP) because it seems like what I'm seeing doesn't match up with this. I do have an F80, but I think it should be the same? It seems like no matter which check mark I pick, it never multi-selects only one can be selected at a time.






Last edited by bigrum; 04-11-2019 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #69
andrewc89
Colonel
andrewc89's Avatar
United_States
6554
Rep
2,853
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post

I've been struggling with both of these (VLD and 5AP) because it seems like what I'm seeing doesn't match up with this. I do have an F80, but I think it should be the same? It seems like no matter which check mark I pick, it never multi-selects only one can be selected at a time.
You're using an android and I'm on an iPhone, that's why there's a difference in what we're seeing in the app and how it functions. Not sure how to resolve it other than to use an Apple product or to email bimmercode for support and see what they say. If all else fails you can always do it with ESYS.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #70
bigrum
Private
bigrum's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 17 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside Salma Hayek (Seattle/Eastside)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
You're using an android and I'm on an iPhone, that's why there's a difference in what we're seeing in the app and how it functions. Not sure how to resolve it other than to use an Apple product or to email bimmercode for support and see what they say. If all else fails you can always do it with ESYS.
Interesting, thanks. I emailed Bimmercode in tandem with writing my post and their reply was it's not possible. I wish they would have mentioned the part about only on android!

I do have an iphone too so I'll probably bite the bullet and pay for the full version on both phones.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #71
AlpsRider
Colonel
AlpsRider's Avatar
1545
Rep
2,417
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
Interesting, thanks. I emailed Bimmercode in tandem with writing my post and their reply was it's not possible. I wish they would have mentioned the part about only on android!

I do have an iphone too so I'll probably bite the bullet and pay for the full version on both phones.
I coded my car with the Android version. It won't let you select both. Just let it select the F30 and code it. Use the anti-dazzle at your own risk. It pivots the right headlight very high along the roadway and people think your high beams are on sometimes. It is very cool though!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #72
bigrum
Private
bigrum's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 17 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside Salma Hayek (Seattle/Eastside)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I coded my car with the Android version. It won't let you select both. Just let it select the F30 and code it. Use the anti-dazzle at your own risk. It pivots the right headlight very high along the roadway and people think your high beams are on sometimes. It is very cool though!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 08:41 AM   #73
Rlantigua
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F36 Grand Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Hill FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
BIMMERCODE

Coding for 8S4 (VLD):

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > 9C,9C,9C (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_AFS_ENA > Enable (Both)

Coding for 5AP (GFHB):

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ENA > Enable (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_GRHB_ENA > Highway_Standby_AFS

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA > Enable

Note: You'll see two blue check marks next to some of these. Press the top one. It will uncheck the one below it. Now you can enable one of the two 'enable' options (if there are two). Back out. Go back in. Both correct selections should have the blue check mark next to them.

Performed this changes using bimmer codes on
Type 428I (USA)
Series F36 (4 Series)

S552A Adaptive LED Headlight
S5ACA Highbeam Assistant
S5APA Decode Antiglare FLA Highbeam Assist
S544A Cruise Control With Brake Function
S563A Light Package

lamps.
LED AFS ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHT LAMP 7460623-01
LED AFS ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHT LAMP 7460624-01


result.

- Still Have to press the button for automatic high beam
- BOTH ON - on dark roads.
- DRIVER side OFF when upcoming car is present on left lane
- No car on LEFT on on front. passenger Beam is on
- At times both high beam are on without any tunneling for car on front.

is this the expected outcome?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #74
andrewc89
Colonel
andrewc89's Avatar
United_States
6554
Rep
2,853
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlantigua View Post
result.

- Still Have to press the button for automatic high beam
- BOTH ON - on dark roads.
- DRIVER side OFF when upcoming car is present on left lane
- No car on LEFT on on front. passenger Beam is on
- At times both high beam are on without any tunneling for car on front.

is this the expected outcome?
Well first off I should say that I have adaptive xenons, so my headlights will operate a little differently than yours.

Second; I'm not sure what the headlight hardware is like for the US-spec 4 series, but for the 2ers the LED headlights in the US are not identical to their Euro-spec counterparts, therefore they do not perform as they should for the tunneling effect, which is why coding in GFHB it is not recommended. I'm not sure if this headlight hardware dilemma is shared for the 3's/4's but It may very likely be the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 07:56 AM   #75
Rlantigua
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F36 Grand Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Hill FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Well first off I should say that I have adaptive xenons, so my headlights will operate a little differently than yours.

Second; I'm not sure what the headlight hardware is like for the US-spec 4 series, but for the 2ers the LED headlights in the US are not identical to their Euro-spec counterparts, therefore they do not perform as they should for the tunneling effect, which is why coding in GFHB it is not recommended. I'm not sure if this headlight hardware dilemma is shared for the 3's/4's but It may very likely be the case.
yeah I think hardware is the issue for some US spec cars. They are kind working as they turn on and off when they need to BUT no tunneling. At some point I may update to ECE spec led lamps. For now I'm just going to revert the changes I made to GFHB.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #76
BMWjunge
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

You also need the Euro controllers ...not just the headlights. That comes to over $5k.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #77
Rlantigua
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F36 Grand Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Spring Hill FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunge View Post
You also need the Euro controllers ...not just the headlights. That comes to over $5k.

That makes sense. I just left Coding for 8S4 (VLD) enabled and that seems to work very well. GFHB will be and story for another car some day!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #78
BMWjunge
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlantigua View Post
That makes sense. I just left Coding for 8S4 (VLD) enabled and that seems to work very well. GFHB will be and story for another car some day!
Or go to Europe and get used ones for a lot less.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST