BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > PFAFF new "best price" no negotiation with 10-day return policy

06-15-2019, 05:24 AM   #1
CanadianDriver
Captain
Rep
Drives: P3D-

PFAFF new "best price" no negotiation with 10-day return policy

What are your thoughts fellow Cannucks?

https://www.pfaffbmw.com/why-buy-from-pfaff/

Quote:
We’re no longer operating with old-school sales tactics where different customers get different deals. With upfront pricing, you won’t have to negotiate.

We won’t add any additional fees to your deal. If you have a vehicle to trade, we will give you a written offer with no obligation to buy any of ours. And you can’t buy the wrong car with our return and exchange policy.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Scrape
Car Guy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I would say it is a scam in an all new way.
      06-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
switzerr
Private First Class
Rep

It’s probably best to buy on service and not on price. Pfaff seems to have a stellar reputation.

Speaking of service, if you are looking I have been very pleased with Kingston BMW. They really seem to be going after the enthusiast community and they have an impressive number of M cars for a small town.
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

lol, yeah ok. They will decide what the best price is "based on market data" to ensure a "fair price". Fair for who? Not you that's for sure, lol.

Stems no doubt from lazy Millennials who can't be bothered to do their own research or shop around and just accept this type of thing. Same people that pay someone $10 to deliver a $6 Big Mac to their house because they are "too busy". Probably playing Fortnite, lol.

Negotiating is part of buying a car...my favorite part to be honest. As such, I guess I won't be buying from Pfaff.
Appreciate 3
pattymtb136.50
Scrape37.50
tokki203.50
      06-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #5
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 AY M4 - 2012 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
lol, yeah ok. They will decide what the best price is "based on market data" to ensure a "fair price". Fair for who? Not you that's for sure, lol.

Stems no doubt from lazy Millennials who can't be bothered to do their own research or shop around and just accept this type of thing. Same people that pay someone $10 to deliver a $6 Big Mac to their house because they are "too busy". Probably playing Fortnite, lol.

Negotiating is part of buying a car...my favorite part to be honest. As such, I guess I won't be buying from Pfaff.
LOL. Bang on
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
Scrape
Car Guy
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post

06-18-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
gk09
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDriver View Post
What are your thoughts fellow Cannucks?

https://www.pfaffbmw.com/why-buy-from-pfaff/

Quote:
We’re no longer operating with old-school sales tactics where different customers get different deals. With upfront pricing, you won’t have to negotiate.

We won’t add any additional fees to your deal. If you have a vehicle to trade, we will give you a written offer with no obligation to buy any of ours. And you can’t buy the wrong car with our return and exchange policy.
That sounds like Pfaff. The worst dealership in my experience anyway. This further solidifies how I feel about them.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #8
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Personally, I can see dealerships eventually moving to the One-Price method. It's going to save dealerships time and a whole bunch of money. With Pfaff being the only dealership using it, it is not going to be that effective but I feel that this is the first step.

Sales consultants, at least in a dealership environment, is a dying position. Every dealership has probably 2-4 Gold/Silver Sales Masters and the rest are mediocre to average salespeople. One-Price will effectively replace those mediocre/average salespeople.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
I would say it is a scam in an all new way.
How is it a scam? They are not hiding anything from you. This is the price, take it or leave it. With Pfaff being the only BMW dealership in the GTA using One-Price, it is not going to be as effective with other BMW dealerships in the GTA but clearly Pfaff sees that car sales is a complete s--t show from a sales point-of-view with almost every person walking through the door asking for cost or below cost without being able to back up or calculate how they were able to arrive at the number where it makes sense.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 06-22-2019 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #9
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

I reached out to Pfaff to let them know I'm interested in a new vehicle.

Asked me to come in and since it's super close to work, went there immediately.

They started off the conversation with what you see is the price we will be able to give you. I'm not sure if that is what they were asked to say but I don't think it's a wise sales tactic to start the conversation with. Informed them quickly I'll come back later when I have more time.

Got quotes from 3 other dealers shortly after visiting them and all 3 were ready to negotiate. Hoping to collect the car next week.

To be honest this is similar to how Tesla runs things. I do prefer it because all these dealerships will settle on a price and then tack on additional fees that varies by significant margins. Therefore, a buyer needs to negotiate on the total value and the exact figures due at signing & monthly to get a proper read.

I think the worst I saw was Policaro BMW as the numbers didn't quite make sense. Asked them to break it down and to be honest I can't be certain if it was $1200 or $1400 for a "Fee" that I asked for further details on.

They informed me it was for the use of their lounge/Coffee/Golf Simulator . Literally that's what my eyes did. Anyway the SA was nice gentleman and stated he'll get it reduced once we are closer to the numbers I expected.

This is going to be my 12th new BMW and atleast another 25 references that I've given to dealerships in GTA. If my original SA from 20 years back, stayed with BMW I would have given her all the references & sales because she was exceptional. And I've never taken a cut/referral fee for any of the guys I've introduced to the brand as I just wanted them to get the best deal possible.

I sincerely wish BMW would intervene ASAP because the dealership model is broken. Make the buying experience simple as far as pricing is a factor. All incentives should be on their site with figures the dealer can sell at. The overall market will dictate that discounted price. Then let the dealerships compete based on customer service, facility etc. I'm sure there's more factors to be decided such as trade in evaluation etc but it's a start.

Last edited by FreeDarko; 08-28-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #10
NO3PUTT
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI

Before I found out about this 'no negotiation-best priced' nonsense I went look at this M2 below. Made my appointment a few days in advance. Got to the dealership and within the first 5 minutes the salesman told me about this. Shook his hand and said thank you for your time and then left. Didn't even test drive the car. It's a scam. People are just too damn lazy these days to do the work to get the best deal. More money or not, than brains.

https://www.pfaffauto.com/used/vehic...-id9441011.htm
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #11
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

I wrote up review of the M2c transitioning from an F80 m3.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1650361

Anyway, few guys have already contacted me about the deal I got and figured I should just share contacts here directly so others can do the same.

The dealership is Endras and SA's name is Gallant. Email is gallant.wu at endrasbmw dot com.

If you already have a good offer, let Gallant know and they will beat it as well.

A lot of the F80/82 owners bought their car from Jay at Endras and it was a pleasure to see another SA was just as easy to deal with and offer fair trade in value as well as discount.

Hope the above info helps other prospective buyers.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:05 AM   #12
mpower1226
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

Interestingly enough, just bought a new car from Pfaff reserve and they are more than willing to negotiate the price and the trade in. So maybe they realized this one price for all tactic didn’t yield the results they were after.
Appreciate 0