BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Future value of M2 CS

10-08-2021, 07:17 AM   #45
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver91 View Post
I'm starting to just want to keep it. There's nothing to replace it with for even 125 unless used with no warranty
For me there is nothing that can replace the cs, it is literally the perfect car.
      10-08-2021, 08:54 AM   #46
Hedoniste
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | M135i

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Quote:
I'm starting to just want to keep it. There's nothing to replace it with for even 125 unless used with no warranty
For me there is nothing that can replace the cs, it is literally the perfect car.
I often replace the CS with my M135i
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #47
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CylindersEveryDay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
Again, point 2 is not a solid one. There is a big unknown factor with the next M2. If this was truly the last manual/RWD M2, i'd agree. However, it isn't.
Everything so far indicates that the new M2 is going to look fugly though. In 10 years people will want the good looking one that brings on feelings of BMW nostalgia.

The CS is a car that people who aren't even really into cars describe as "gorgeous" etc. Maybe people who have had really good looking cars in the past are used to it, but I've never had a car before where people regularly talk to you about it at the gas station etc.
I had a guy tell me at the park yesterday it's the best looking BMW he's seen, commented on the roof. About 10 minutes later, going about 35mph in traffic on the freeway, a guy in a Golf enthusiastically yelled "beautiful car!"
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 4
      10-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #48
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedoniste View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I had a guy tell me at the park yesterday it's the best looking BMW he's seen, commented on the roof. About 10 minutes later, going about 35mph in traffic on the freeway, a guy in a Golf enthusiastically yelled "beautiful car!"
The look of the car in addition to the performance is a huge reason i am so enamored with the CS.

Aside from the 992 "S, GTS & GT3" cars there is literally no other car that I want. A 992 in today's market configured to my liking would be about $175k.

I love this car!
      10-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #49
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
The look of the car in addition to the performance is a huge reason i am so enamored with the CS.

Aside from the 992 "S, GTS & GT3" cars there is literally no other car that I want. A 992 in today's market configured to my liking would be about $175k.

I love this car!
+1. This car fills a nice niche that makes stable additions a significant thought exercise.
Appreciate 3
M3R12168.50
MomoM3987.00
ROASTM163.50
      10-08-2021, 01:20 PM   #50
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
This ^^

You have the best BMW has made in 20 years IMHO.

For example to get the best Porsche makes would cost 3x the price.

Thinking GT2 RS.

Lambo would be 8x - SVJ

Ferrari would be 5x - Pista

Ford would be 8x - Ford GT

And it's tough to compare the best BMW to the 4-10th (depending on who you ask) best Porsche (GT4).

The GT2 RS is on my list of cars to own if I could only own one car. It's a steal at that price.
      10-08-2021, 09:43 PM   #51
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CylindersEveryDay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
Again, point 2 is not a solid one. There is a big unknown factor with the next M2. If this was truly the last manual/RWD M2, i'd agree. However, it isn't.
Everything so far indicates that the new M2 is going to look fugly though. In 10 years people will want the good looking one that brings on feelings of BMW nostalgia.

The CS is a car that people who aren't even really into cars describe as "gorgeous" etc. Maybe people who have had really good looking cars in the past are used to it, but I've never had a car before where people regularly talk to you about it at the gas station etc.
Cheesy liars; it's not a beautiful car, it's THE most beautiful car
Jimjamz4583.00
Tornado1M1211.00
      10-09-2021, 06:09 AM   #52
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Quote:
This ^^

I'm an M car fan through and through and completely agree.

I often look at other new cars and there's simply nothing currently available from BMW M or in the future pipeline that I like.

I am finally content with my current 3 car set up being X7 M50i for the family, M2 CS as the fun weekend garage queen, and a 2012 E70 X5 as the beater, grocery getter, smelly takeout food picker upper, firewood hauler.

The E70 is coming up on 125k miles and in great shape with no issues but I'm considering replacing it. It won't be replaced with a BMW though!! I know I want a 4-door Ford Bronco Badlands in a 7-speed manual, I'm just not in a rush to pay Ford an ADM anytime soon. Will wait for car market to normalize.

Back to the M2 CS though, this is the first M car I've owned worthy of being a garage queen. I've never had that feeling before. It's a special car and I think this is the beginning of me only wanting a special car to fill that garage slot. GT3 is the only thing I'd consider replacing that slot today and that's a bit over my ski tips at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #53
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This ^^

I often look at other new cars and there's simply nothing currently available from BMW M or in the future pipeline that I like.

I am finally content with my current 3 car set up being X7 M50i for the family, M2 CS as the fun weekend garage queen, and a 2012 E70 X5 as the beater, grocery getter, smelly takeout food picker upper, firewood hauler.

The E70 is coming up on 125k miles and in great shape with no issues but I'm considering replacing it. It won't be replaced with a BMW though!! I know I want a 4-door Ford Bronco Badlands in a 7-speed manual, I'm just not in a rush to pay Ford an ADM anytime soon. Will wait for car market to normalize.

Back to the M2 CS though, this is the first M car I've owned worthy of being a garage queen. I've never had that feeling before. It's a special car and I think this is the beginning of me only wanting a special car to fill that garage slot. GT3 is the only thing I'd consider replacing that slot today and that's a bit over my ski tips at the moment.
The only other BMWs that come close to it for me for drool worthiness are the CSL Homage and the i8.
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1211.00
      10-09-2021, 09:25 PM   #54
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This ^^

The only other BMWs that come close to it for me for drool worthiness are the CSL Homage and the i8.
Agreed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4583.00
      10-11-2021, 08:29 AM   #55
Spydert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT, 530i M Sprt Pckg

Quote:
Would you consider the Z4 m40i a worthy buy and keep?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:55 AM   #56
Peterometer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Out of curiosity did you cross shop this car with the GTI?

We don't get the hatch M135 in the states so it is sadly not an option over here.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #57
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydert View Post
Quote:
I'm probably not the expert you want on this one. The only sports convertible I've owned is a miata. I know Davil has a classic Z3.

I do like the m40i engine and the looks of the Z4 M40i have presence in person. If they'd have stuck to the Z4 concept design it was based on I'd add it into the very small club of drool worthy BMWs from the last 2 decades
Attached Images

Last edited by Jimjamz; 10-11-2021 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #58
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

I don't quite understand the appeal of the latest Z4/Supra. It's just not for me without the stick. It's unfortunate, because they are very capable.

I'll point out $60k will easily get you a low mileage and very well maintained S54 Z4M, which will only appreciate at this point..

Z3M is just a different beast. It's from a completely different era of car w/ the suspension.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #59
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
F the future value of the CS. Look at the current pricing lol
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...-3d538f456f0f/
      10-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #60
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydert View Post
Quote:
I'm probably not the expert you want on this one. The only sports convertible I've owned is a miata. I know Davil has a classic Z3.

I do like the m40i engine and the looks of the Z4 M40i have presence in person. If they'd have stuck to the Z4 concept design it was based on I'd add it into the very small club of drool worthy BMWs from the last 2 decades
I saw the Z4 prototype in Frankfurt Motor Show in 2017

What a gorgeous car that was
Attached Images

10-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #61
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
F the future value of the CS. Look at the current pricing lol
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...-3d538f456f0f/
This price will seem like a bargain soon enough as the legend grows.
      10-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #62
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv-cs View Post
I've considered selling mine but then it's like what for? The g80 M3 Comp is a monster and it seems like tuning is around the corner. Moving back to florida where there aren't canyon roads so having a gt monster in a state predominately highways would be cool. Not to mention I got my CS with a newborn which probably wasn't the smartest choice. As she grows I feel the allure of the sedan again. Then there's the idea of owning my cs since new and getting the itch again in five or ten years and not being able to find one as clean. The specialness/rarity of the car helps but not like Porsches

I'm not worried at the slightest about the new m2. It's going to look like garbage.
I got mine with a newborn too! She hasn't been in it yet, but my 3yo enjoys it.
Call me crazy but I would never put my kids in a 2 series back seat. The car's body cage and overall protection the car offers is low in relation to what people drive outside (SUVs, Trucks, Big cars etc.). I saw the IIHS safety ratings and it shows the cage is kinda average.

This is one of the main reasons that is forcing me to upgrade to a M3C in the future so that I can also put my family in a M car.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #63
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Call me crazy but I would never put my kids in a 2 series back seat. The car's body cage and overall protection the car offers is low in relation to what people drive outside (SUVs, Trucks, Big cars etc.). I saw the IIHS safety ratings and it shows the cage is kinda average.

This is one of the main reasons that is forcing me to upgrade to a M3C in the future so that I can also put my family in a M car.
Why not get something cheaper to haul the kids in? Like a truck, the added benefit would be having a truck and not selling one of the best M cars created.

It's a bizarre market so even used trucks are expensive now.
      10-12-2021, 04:17 PM   #64
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've considered selling mine but then it's like what for? The g80 M3 Comp is a monster and it seems like tuning is around the corner. Moving back to florida where there aren't canyon roads so having a gt monster in a state predominately highways would be cool. Not to mention I got my CS with a newborn which probably wasn't the smartest choice. As she grows I feel the allure of the sedan again. Then there's the idea of owning my cs since new and getting the itch again in five or ten years and not being able to find one as clean. The specialness/rarity of the car helps but not like Porsches

I'm not worried at the slightest about the new m2. It's going to look like garbage.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't assume at all a 2 series is less safe than a SUV. Active safety measures to avoid accidents should be taken into account as well as collision mitigation. Brake distance etc are just as important and sway well in favour of your 2 series.

An interesting comparison of a 2019 Jeep vs 2019 2 series from euro NCAP for instance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Davil6524.50
      10-12-2021, 04:57 PM   #65
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't assume at all a 2 series is less safe than a SUV. Active safety measures to avoid accidents should be taken into account as well as collision mitigation. Brake distance etc are just as important and sway well in favour of your 2 series.

An interesting comparison of a 2019 Jeep vs 2019 2 series from euro NCAP for instance.
Simple Physics.
M2 can't stand a chance if it gets hit by a large trailer but a heavier car can.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 05:05 PM   #66
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Simple Physics.
M2 can't stand a chance if it gets hit by a large trailer but a heavier car can.
Same for any small car. Though equally true that larger cars aren't by default safer just because of mass. A G80 M3C however will have a mass advantage over a M2 and will have better active and passive safety tech being the newer car. The one advantage a M2 could have is braking distance having less mass to pull up (avoiding an accident in the first place).
Appreciate 1