BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Tops EVO's Top Ten Best German Performance Cars List

08-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #23
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
We should just give the award to the M235i/M240i then and all go home. It's 90% of the M2C with better exhaust note and much cheaper again. Definitely better value so should top the list.
Agreed...except for the fact that it doesn't look the part.

Honest to goodness, the OG M2 wins in looks/price/bang for the buck category for sure, but since it's NLA, the M2C would be the winner over the M2CS, but since neither of those are available to order anymore either...
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #24
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
We should just give the award to the M235i/M240i then and all go home. It's 90% of the M2C with better exhaust note and much cheaper again. Definitely better value so should top the list.
I agree 100%! The M240i in particular is a bad ass little car. There was one at Autocouture when i was doing my rod bearings in my E92 M3. It had an aggressive wheel and tire set up, coilovers and tune. It was very nice.

As mentioned above, personally the M2c would have needed a few things to make it special to me. Wheels (and tires) were first on the list, suspension was next. just those two things alone would have been the better part of $10k. Add some carbon bits and a tune (if you like more power) and that's a few grand more.

The cs is expensive for sure, however this car really does not need to be touched by the aftermarket. As a "car nut", this will be the first car i will not mod.

The M2cs is also perhaps the only car I have owned that I am not looking for a better alternative.

For me that is the root of its value.
      08-11-2021, 08:51 AM   #25
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

I wouldn't be owning a M2 if it weren't for the CS. I test drove a C and generally thought it was good for the money, but it didn't impress me, honestly. Luckily, a month later the dealer had a DCT CS that I was able to test drive and I thought it was a night/day difference, which is why I found a manual CS.

And I agree with M3R1, there is literally no car I could think of that i'd replace the CS with when it comes to a two-door, stickshift, sports car. I am debating trading it for a nearly 1:1 swap on a stickshift CT5-V Blackwing, but that's a completely different style/type of car.
Appreciate 4
      08-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #26
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
I wouldn't be owning a M2 if it weren't for the CS. I test drove a C and generally thought it was good for the money, but it didn't impress me, honestly. Luckily, a month later the dealer had a DCT CS that I was able to test drive and I thought it was a night/day difference, which is why I found a manual CS.

And I agree with M3R1, there is literally no car I could think of that i'd replace the CS with when it comes to a two-door, stickshift, sports car. I am debating trading it for a nearly 1:1 swap on a stickshift CT5-V Blackwing, but that's a completely different style/type of car.
It's the first car I'm thinking of just keeping. I'll still get another car in 5 or 6 years. But working out where I'll also keep this one as well. Looks like we'll make the move to a 3 car family
Appreciate 2
      08-11-2021, 09:17 AM   #27
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

I'm glad I am one of the CS owners. Wouldn't trade for any other M2 variant including the Upcoming G series. Most would not understand unless they have one in their garage. Now some M2C are going selling as high as 10k over MSRP
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #28
6CylindersEveryDay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS, VW Golf R

Quote:

I just watched the Jay Leno's Garage episode of the CT5-V Blackwing last night, it sure sounds good. I prefer the size and looks of the CS myself, but I can certainly see why somebody would want the CT5-V Blackwing.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #29
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I don't see how any normal human with a normal mortgage could put the M2CS above the M2C, it's just not possible. If the list is made for rich people, sure, the M2CS is the clear winner of the two.
If you have a decent car (original M2) that is paid off and used as trade in value, then you are able to get a M2 CS with a lower loan balance ($45K-$50K or so) and it is much more manageable. Not everyone is taking out a $90K loan for a M2 CS.
Appreciate 2
Hegge880.00
      08-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #30
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
If you have a decent car (original M2) that is paid off and used as trade in value, then you are able to get a M2 CS with a lower loan balance ($45K-$50K or so) and it is much more manageable. Not everyone is taking out a $90K loan for a M2 CS.
Money is still money though. You had to pay off that first car.
Appreciate 2
      08-11-2021, 07:39 PM   #31
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
It's the first car I'm thinking of just keeping. I'll still get another car in 5 or 6 years. But working out where I'll also keep this one as well. Looks like we'll make the move to a 3 car family
I was going to keep my M2C forever. But having the ultimate form of my fave car that has been custom tuned in every single area I find important by the world's best M tuners for a reasonable price whilst still being original and with a warranty was too much to resist. This one I'm never selling.
Appreciate 5
Jimjamz4583.00
F87EVO4033.00
MomoM3987.00
      08-11-2021, 07:43 PM   #32
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CylindersEveryDay View Post
Quote:

I just watched the Jay Leno's Garage episode of the CT5-V Blackwing last night, it sure sounds good. I prefer the size and looks of the CS myself, but I can certainly see why somebody would want the CT5-V Blackwing.
I just did a back to back performance test drive of the CT4 and CT5 Blackwings this past weekend and I was really impressed. Much preferred the CT4.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      08-11-2021, 07:51 PM   #33
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

In my family, there are only three of us and one has four legs lol

We've got four cars which meant building a new house with enough garaging space for all four

The things we do for our four-wheeled children
Jimjamz4583.00
F87EVO4033.00
RowanBuds1707.00
      08-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #34
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
My '18 is in fantastic condition with 18K on the clock, and very tastefully modded, so I'm sure I could get quite a bit for it. Unfortunately, the market at the moment is stupid with people paying more than MSRP for these cars, so it's a pass for me. I make money on cars, I don't lose money on cars.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16543.50
      08-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #35
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
My '18 is in fantastic condition with 18K on the clock, and very tastefully modded, so I'm sure I could get quite a bit for it. Unfortunately, the market at the moment is stupid with people paying more than MSRP for these cars, so it's a pass for me. I make money on cars, I don't lose money on cars.
People who paid MSRP for their CS aren't losing money on their car at the moment and it seems unlikely they will be any time soon. If you bought your '18 M2 as new, you lost quite a bit of money (I only know cause I sold mine for $42k just recently) plus the value of your mods.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 09:05 AM   #36
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
People who paid MSRP for their CS aren't losing money on their car at the moment and it seems unlikely they will be any time soon. If you bought your '18 M2 as new, you lost quite a bit of money (I only know cause I sold mine for $42k just recently) plus the value of your mods.
Yeah, I paid the base MSRP on mine, and i've had dealers offer $90k trade value on it. So after including what I spent on PPF, and the couple grand I spent on taxes, if I trade it i'll basically have driven the car for nothing outside fuel costs. I could try to sell it on my own for $97k to recover what i'd have to pay in taxes on a $90k new vehicle, but it's not really worth the effort.
Appreciate 1
ScullyD5165.50
      08-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #37
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Winning or losing is only done at sale, so we don't know what current CS owners are losing or winning.

I bought my '18 used with 9,400 on the clock for an excellent price, and it had never seen a track or a gravel road.

I have all my stock parts (not that there are many), and I'm handy with a wrench, so if I sell the car I will lose very little on the mods.

However, I love the car so much I can't imagine selling it for anything other than another '18. In the future I plan to get a CS, but that's a while away.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #38
johnny_slo
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Just yesterday I was offered a potential slot for a GT4. I said if this happened in spring, when I was out shopping, I'd be very keen. Now that I have had my CS for a few months, I can safely say that this is the real deal and there is no regret for not going the GT4 route.
Appreciate 2
      08-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #39
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I paid the base MSRP on mine, and i've had dealers offer $90k trade value on it. So after including what I spent on PPF, and the couple grand I spent on taxes, if I trade it i'll basically have driven the car for nothing outside fuel costs. I could try to sell it on my own for $97k to recover what i'd have to pay in taxes on a $90k new vehicle, but it's not really worth the effort.
Yeah, I figure after tax, PPF, and lowering springs/install, I'm about even with 1450 miles or so.

Still wouldn't sell it. There isn't a car I'd rather have as my daily.

In a dream world, I would give it up and go M5 CS daily / 992 GT3 weekend combo.
Appreciate 1
kyrocks1070.50
      08-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #40
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Winning or losing is only done at sale, so we don't know what current CS owners are losing or winning.

I bought my '18 used with 9,400 on the clock for an excellent price, and it had never seen a track or a gravel road.

I have all my stock parts (not that there are many), and I'm handy with a wrench, so if I sell the car I will lose very little on the mods.

However, I love the car so much I can't imagine selling it for anything other than another '18. In the future I plan to get a CS, but that's a while away.
I said i would never sell my SC'd M3 and here i am with the cs. Who knows, perhaps in the future we can work a deal?

08-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #41
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

The love for our beloveds is consistent for anyone that owns one of is in the know.

Yes the will be sold second hand and passed on I doubt many with experience with the car can say it isn’t a great car. Us Americans stole this thing at its entry price of $85,000 ish

Up up and away
F87EVO4033.00
Davil6524.50
      08-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #42
6CylindersEveryDay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS, VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I just did a back to back performance test drive of the CT4 and CT5 Blackwings this past weekend and I was really impressed. Much preferred the CT4.
Nice, sounds like a fun day!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 05:26 PM   #43
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_slo View Post
Just yesterday I was offered a potential slot for a GT4. I said if this happened in spring, when I was out shopping, I'd be very keen. Now that I have had my CS for a few months, I can safely say that this is the real deal and there is no regret for not going the GT4 route.
You made a wise decision.

Gt4’s are so misunderstood and as a consequence they will be traded much more frequently on the secondary market than our beloveds.
      08-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #44
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
After reading this thread, I think "our beloved" has become the new couch term for the F87CS. It fits, and isn't as creepy as "our precious" would be.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
ptgltw3777.50
kyrocks1070.50