Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Is this bacause of the rear muffler being different or because the software is different from the M2C?
I think its a combo of a few things..

The muffler internals are different which give it a deeper sound. The tuning is different for less burbles. And the fake active sound is off by default which make it much quieter inside the cabin giving you the sense that the car is quieter.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #46
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Quote:
Is this bacause of the rear muffler being different or because the software is different from the M2C?

The muffler internals are different which give it a deeper sound. The tuning is different for less burbles. And the fake active sound is off by default which make it much quieter inside the cabin giving you the sense that the car is quieter.
Are you sure active sound is off? I though it had to be unplugged or coded out.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #47
Golden3ye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
A few reviews I watched said it was on.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 04:11 PM   #48
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
CS is quite a lot louder and deeper than M2C. It makes lots of cool noises too. And thankfully zero fake pops and crackles which were terribly embarrassing in the M2C. It actually sounds like a BMW 6 from years gone by. Love it.
Respectfully disagree. This car is way quieter than the competition. Crazy pops like a Jaguar are ridiculous, but non whatsoever is also weak. This car is about as loud as my stock Golf R. Quite disappointing. Why doesn’t BMW invest some money in exhaust tuning? Can’t make a turbo car sound aggressive? Bullshit. Listen to a 488, 570s, turbo s, to name a few. Likely the S55 is most of the challenge, but still.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 04:17 PM   #49
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Respectfully disagree. This car is way quieter than the competition. Crazy pops like a Jaguar are ridiculous, but non whatsoever is also weak. This car is about as loud as my stock Golf R. Quite disappointing. Why doesn’t BMW invest some money in exhaust tuning? Can’t make a turbo car sound aggressive? Bullshit. Listen to a 488, 570s, turbo s, to name a few. Likely the S55 is most of the challenge, but still.
Agreed. Had mine for about a week now. The car is really really quiet. Oddly so.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #50
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I read on the forums that someone went to code it off and it was already off.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #51
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:

This is my observation as well.
The car is weirdly quiet.
I have the AA Single Midpipe still not installed and I originally planned to pair it with the OEM CS muffler to have civilized sound. But given how the car is quiet and burbles are not there I think I would have to add Akra or Remus Sport muffler.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 06:05 PM   #52
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
This is my observation as well.
The car is weirdly quiet.
I have the AA Single Midpipe still not installed and I originally planned to pair it with the OEM CS muffler to have civilized sound. But given how the car is quiet and burbles are not there I think I would have to add Akra or Remus Sport muffler.
If you watch AA's video midpipe and their muffler didn't add much more burbles to the platform. I much prefer that anyways, so I can't wait to get this installed.

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:50 AM   #53
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
CS is quite a lot louder and deeper than M2C. It makes lots of cool noises too. And thankfully zero fake pops and crackles which were terribly embarrassing in the M2C. It actually sounds like a BMW 6 from years gone by. Love it.
You do need to drive with the window open otherwise it is pretty quiet as there is no ASD. But window open and planting it I love that it sounds like an old BMW naturally aspirated 6. I guess sounds are very personal though. Like music. And clogs.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 05:12 AM   #54
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Respectfully disagree. This car is way quieter than the competition. Crazy pops like a Jaguar are ridiculous, but non whatsoever is also weak. This car is about as loud as my stock Golf R. Quite disappointing. Why doesn't BMW invest some money in exhaust tuning? Can't make a turbo car sound aggressive? Bullshit. Listen to a 488, 570s, turbo s, to name a few. Likely the S55 is most of the challenge, but still.
You do need to drive with the window open otherwise it is pretty quiet as there is no ASD. But window open and planting it I love that it sounds like an old BMW naturally aspirated 6. I guess sounds are very personal though. Like music. And clogs.
Part of me thinks it's loud enough, and I don't need a loud car pulling in my office parking garage, and the other part says it's a performance car that should be heard from far away.

For those that got the AA mid pipe, how did you order it? I see one for the M2C and M3/4, but I though it was supposed to be specific for the F87 CS?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 06:11 AM   #55
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Respectfully disagree. This car is way quieter than the competition. Crazy pops like a Jaguar are ridiculous, but non whatsoever is also weak. This car is about as loud as my stock Golf R. Quite disappointing. Why doesn't BMW invest some money in exhaust tuning? Can't make a turbo car sound aggressive? Bullshit. Listen to a 488, 570s, turbo s, to name a few. Likely the S55 is most of the challenge, but still.
Part of me thinks it's loud enough, and I don't need a loud car pulling in my office parking garage, and the other part says it's a performance car that should be heard from far away.

For those that got the AA mid pipe, how did you order it? I see one for the M2C and M3/4, but I though it was supposed to be specific for the F87 CS?
M2C and CS are the same. You would order the M2C midpipe.
Appreciate 2
mfarrzhp1491.00
E92M3GT101.00
      05-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #56
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Has anyone installed Dinan exhaust on their CS yet? It looks good, and sounds good on the M2C based on the videos. The price seems reasonable compared to some of the other options as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 09:50 AM   #57
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
It’s a grown ups car indeed. Oh did I say that out loud?
Davil6524.50
      05-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #58
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Has anyone installed Dinan exhaust on their CS yet? It looks good, and sounds good on the M2C based on the videos. The price seems reasonable compared to some of the other options as well.
The dinan thread really turned me off from the M2c exhaust and the company. Apparently, this exhaust was a nightmare of delays and broken promises. Not to mention that it doesn't pair with the AA EL mid pipe without cutting from my understanding.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:56 PM   #59
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

This car isn't that quiet.. Anyone saying as such hasn't driven behind one. Is it as loud as a GT350 or a Hellcat? No. However, the sound it has is one of the best i've heard factory for an inline 6 on a modern car IMO. There is very little fake-ness going on here. No idiotic pops/burbles, from what I can tell no sound simulation from the speakers either. If you've driven behind this car it's got a decent throat to it at WOT.
Appreciate 1
Davil6524.50
      05-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #60
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
This car isn't that quiet.. Anyone saying as such hasn't driven behind one. Is it as loud as a GT350 or a Hellcat? No. However, the sound it has is one of the best i've heard factory for an inline 6 on a modern car IMO. There is very little fake-ness going on here. No idiotic pops/burbles, from what I can tell no sound simulation from the speakers either. If you've driven behind this car it's got a decent throat to it at WOT.
My neighbor commented on how good it sounds. He had a cayman and now a Cayenne. The cabin seems very well insulated from outside noise. It seems the inside vs outside is very different. I'm enjoying the aftermarket exhaust additions. Please provide engine under load clips when possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #61
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
Quote:
The dinan thread really turned me off from the M2c exhaust and the company. Apparently, this exhaust was a nightmare of delays and broken promises. Not to mention that it doesn't pair with the AA EL mid pipe without cutting from my understanding.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had the dinan on my m2c. Didn't like it after a few month. Took forever to receive it and the tips are way too big for my taste and it got way louder with all the embarrassing burbles when it on sport mode. No way I m putting that on the CS
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
mfarrzhp1491.00
      05-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #62
kart driver
Captain
Rep

This is how the M2CS with OPFs sounds. In fact, there is no exhaust sound at all

from inside:

from outside:

Last edited by kart driver; 05-10-2021 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #63
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji550i View Post
I had the dinan on my m2c. Didn't like it after a few month. Took forever to receive it and the tips are way too big for my taste and it got way louder with all the embarrassing burbles when it on sport mode. No way I m putting that on the CS
I had one too and sold it. However the CS is fucking ridiculous. The CS is so quieter though, without the burbles maybe the Dinan will be decent. I waited nearly a year for it and then had it for like 3 months! At less than $2k it is a huge value though.
Appreciate 1
Fuji550i389.50
      05-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #64
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
Quote:
I had one too and sold it. However the CS is fucking ridiculous. The CS is so quieter though, without the burbles maybe the Dinan will be decent. I waited nearly a year for it and then had it for like 3 months! At less than $2k it is a huge value though.
Might be a good combo since the CS is so quite. But it sounds nice when you roll down the window and it gets a little louder now on start up since the car is slowly breaking in.

The reason I got the dinan was for cosmetic but I can live with seeing the udder on the CS. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #65
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Might be a good combo since the CS is so quite. But it sounds nice when you roll down the window and it gets a little louder now on start up since the car is slowly breaking in.

The reason I got the dinan was for cosmetic but I can live with seeing the udder on the CS. Lol
Frustrating after having one though, right?!
After recently driving a 488 and a Hurrican, the sound in this car is just so weak.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 02:17 AM   #66
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Frustrating after having one though, right?!
After recently driving a 488 and a Hurrican, the sound in this car is just so weak.
Compared to Huracan it is non existent )))
Appreciate 0