BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > "Books on Tape" on USB question?

06-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

"Books on Tape" on USB question?

Ok guys--

I'm trying to listen to "Books on Tape" via the USB port in my M2C.

I've formatted in ExFat as the audio files are on my dad's pc and I use a Mac.

The audio files are mp3's for the most part (I think?)

The test file we loaded works fine-- the car recognizes the USB drive, and plays the book/audio file fine.

BUT-- I can't fast forward, nor jump to additional chapters/tracks in the file.

A little help?

Because, while listening to an audio book on my road trip is a HUGE thing, listening to the same book starting from the beginning every. single. time. I start the car is obviously NOT going to work.

I tried the CD track fwd/rwnd buttons on the center console, flipped the iDrive controller up/down/back/inverted and No Joy-- am I missing something?

Much thanks--

R.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Mp3 files do not support chapters. You would have to take a note of where you left off last time. For example, 10m 45s, then use the touch screen to select that portion of the track. Under the track image there is a progress bar that shows you how far into the track you are, you can press any point in that to move forward/backward.

Or hold down the arrow buttons to seek. Just pressing them won't work, have to hold it down.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6822.00
      06-29-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Mp3 files do not support chapters. You would have to take a note of where you left off last time. For example, 10m 45s, then use the touch screen to select that portion of the track. Under the track image there is a progress bar that shows you how far into the track you are, you can press any point in that to move forward/backward.

Or hold down the arrow buttons to seek. Just pressing them won't work, have to hold it down.
Thanks-- this helps a lot.

One thing was that running the touch screen in "split mode" hid the ability to move the progress bar to where you wanted it to be.

Once I exited the split, things worked as you recommended.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0