BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > M2 vs Raptor

02-06-2023, 08:36 AM   #1
WagonMaverick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

M2 vs Raptor

this is an odd one - I love the M2, but my daily is a 5.0 F150. I've been looking at the 2022 Raptor's with Cobb tune. The M2 is driven AT MOST 1-2 hours a week - while the Raptor would be daily - a different experience, but fun none the less. Reason for selling M would be that I personally only want to have one car payment. Wondering if there are any other Raptor/M2 owners who could chime in.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 05:02 PM   #2
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

A raptor can make for an excellent daily. Excellent street manners & ride. Enough of a bed that it is still useful (if you need more you know it & would guess wouldn't be asking). Decent towing capacity for what it is. If you don't care about towing much at all can really make them next level on & off road. I have had each of the gens and have been very happy with all of them and DD'd the first couple. Can be fun to upgrade as well. All this and a joy to blast off road. Little bit tight around some parts in the Austin area but definitely not unmanageable anywhere I went.

Picked up my latest Raptor last week...

Appreciate 1
      02-06-2023, 08:15 PM   #3
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C 6MT

I work for Ford and my F-150 lease is up. I have been finally thinking of getting a Raptor and am in the same boat as you. Only Drive the M2 400ish miles a month and would get rid of it to save on the payment if I get a Raptor. My hardest part is everytime I drive the M2 and get a little sideways and have a fun drive, I know the Raptor can't give that feeling. That's been my biggest hurdle to fully commit and the fact that the G87 is ugly so if I ever want an M2 again it'll be tough.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 08:07 AM   #4
WagonMaverick
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
I work for Ford and my F-150 lease is up. I have been finally thinking of getting a Raptor and am in the same boat as you. Only Drive the M2 400ish miles a month and would get rid of it to save on the payment if I get a Raptor. My hardest part is everytime I drive the M2 and get a little sideways and have a fun drive, I know the Raptor can't give that feeling. That's been my biggest hurdle to fully commit and the fact that the G87 is ugly so if I ever want an M2 again it'll be tough.
Exact same position - I went out last weekend and after some tail wagging in Sport+ and 30-min of hill county blasts I'm was back to thinking just keep it. Then yesterday during drive to Houston my info screen was having issues with SD card failure notifications, but it cleared up later in the day. Just rolled 150k miles so really debating if it's worth running to 200k or just trading in now - driving me bonkers.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 08:09 AM   #5
WagonMaverick
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
A raptor can make for an excellent daily. Excellent street manners & ride. Enough of a bed that it is still useful (if you need more you know it & would guess wouldn't be asking). Decent towing capacity for what it is. If you don't care about towing much at all can really make them next level on & off road. I have had each of the gens and have been very happy with all of them and DD'd the first couple. Can be fun to upgrade as well. All this and a joy to blast off road. Little bit tight around some parts in the Austin area but definitely not unmanageable anywhere I went.

Picked up my latest Raptor last week...

My sons 2-door hard top arrives next month (non-Raptor) - congrats on getting yours - she looks great
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      02-09-2023, 08:17 AM   #6
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonMaverick View Post
this is an odd one - I love the M2, but my daily is a 5.0 F150. I've been looking at the 2022 Raptor's with Cobb tune. The M2 is driven AT MOST 1-2 hours a week - while the Raptor would be daily - a different experience, but fun none the less. Reason for selling M would be that I personally only want to have one car payment. Wondering if there are any other Raptor/M2 owners who could chime in.
This isn't a "vs" topic, this is an "I don't want a $50K garage ornament" topic, then asking about a Raptor as a daily.

The M2 and Raptor don't compete in any sense of the word.

New thread idea: Raptor as a daily driver?
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16539.00
      02-10-2023, 01:35 AM   #7
AWDtoRWD
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' R1S & 21' M2C

Big truck vs small car?

That bronco looks sweet
Appreciate 0