BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Anyone on a Z06 waitlist?

11-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #45
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
The C7 ZR1 is pretty ugly if you ask me.....which you didn't.

I would imagine the C8 ZR1 is gonna be insane! I'd put down a non refundable $100 deposit on one
I thought what the hell. I don't really want one, but if it lands in my lap then why not? Ideally they'd make another grand sport with the flat plane motor, but the Eray is supposed to slot in there but retain the old motor. The wife and I don't need a race car to roam around in. We just want it to look and sound like one
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 06:20 AM   #46
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Looks like Ciocca Corvette opens their wait-list tomorrow at noon. Unsure what the deposit is. I'll be holding off for a while. I'd hate to have an allocation come too soon and have to pass. I'm not giving up the CS.
Hmmm. There's a dealer in FL that was taking deposits a couple months ago. My uncle put one in and told me to do it too. I can't really afford the Z06 and the CS (and the family X5). I mean I could, but I shouldn't. I though about it just for the flip, but thought I was already late to the game then.

I definitely think we will see some big markups on the Z06 initially. Once the chip shortage is resolved, I think it will come back down to earth. Corvettes have historically been bad investments, even the special editions. I bet you'll be able to get a regular C8 for $50K in 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 08:56 AM   #47
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Hmmm. There's a dealer in FL that was taking deposits a couple months ago. My uncle put one in and told me to do it too. I can't really afford the Z06 and the CS (and the family X5). I mean I could, but I shouldn't. I though about it just for the flip, but thought I was already late to the game then.

I definitely think we will see some big markups on the Z06 initially. Once the chip shortage is resolved, I think it will come back down to earth. Corvettes have historically been bad investments, even the special editions. I bet you'll be able to get a regular C8 for $50K in 5 years.
The problem for some to many is that $50k in 2021 dollars might be a heck of a lot more in 2026 dollars. I can still easily recall the 1975 to 1980 period which few people today do...
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1
mfarrzhp1483.50
      11-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #48
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post

Stay on list, if your number gets called early. Buy it! Likely a $20k-30k flip easy if buying at MSRP.. Just keep in mind the taxes and registration hit. I didn't buy a c8 from the beginning due to the same reason. I wish I had jumped on the list from the start. You can still say no to the allocation when the time comes.
Appreciate 1
mfarrzhp1483.50
      11-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #49
homemade_f81
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i, 2020 M2CS

I'm on the list for one at MSRP...can't come soon enough. I was totally impressed with just my "regular" Stingray and can't imagine what the Z06 will be like. If the MSRP is anywhere near the projected mid-90k range, it will be an absolute steal from bang-for-the-buck perspective.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 02:33 PM   #50
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Nice
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 03:34 PM   #51
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Bonkers that the z06 is going to start at 87k and I paid 84k for the CS.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #52
6CylindersEveryDay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS, VW Golf R

The Z06 seems like it will sound amazing and be super fun on a track. For the street and my personal taste I wish it came with a manual transmission and was styled differently inside and out. I can't afford both so it's the manual M2 CS for me. If I could afford both, that's getting into GT3 territory and I would be thinking about that for great sound, looks, and manual.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #53
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CylindersEveryDay View Post
The Z06 seems like it will sound amazing and be super fun on a track. For the street and my personal taste I wish it came with a manual transmission and was styled differently inside and out. I can't afford both so it's the manual M2 CS for me. If I could afford both, that's getting into GT3 territory and I would be thinking about that for great sound, looks, and manual.
We planning to get a convertible. Auto will be good for both of us. I think my wife is going to steal it and drive it more.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 03:30 AM   #54
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTwentyBlue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
I want one, but I'm not in a hurry. I plan to get one near the end of its lifecycle when it'll have the most refinements (and aftermarket support) and hopefully no long waiting list and ADM.
+1

I've driven a friend's C8 on several occasions and it is an amazing platform. The Z06 is definitely a car I intend to buy and keep hopefully forever like my M2 CS. Need more garage space before I can add more cars though.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not a big fan of American muscle cars, for one reason if nothing else, they cost a fortune in Australia.

I must admit though, your friend's car is a significant improvement on styling - I'd even go so far as saying, stunning really.

I'm impressed America
      11-16-2021, 08:16 AM   #55
Chicane_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS + other stuff

Amazing bang for the buck but I can't gel with the styling. Perhaps my opinion would change after seeing it in person. For now there are other cars I'd rather order.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #56
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I think the added bits in the z06 helped the proportions significantly. The base c8 looks a little strange, bit with the added lip and rear spoiler it seems to have changed the look substantially to my eye
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:39 AM   #57
Chicane_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS + other stuff

Quote:
I think the added bits in the z06 helped the proportions significantly. The base c8 looks a little strange, bit with the added lip and rear spoiler it seems to have changed the look substantially to my eye
Agree but I still need to see it in person. I do wonder how well the design will age.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #58
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Bonkers that the z06 is going to start at 87k and I paid 84k for the CS.
Really? Wow! I hadn't checked the pricing at all. I assumed it was 100K plus. With markup obviously it will be. It'll be interesting to see 5-7 years in where prices settle in on the car. That's pretty amazing!
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #59
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Really? Wow! I hadn't checked the pricing at all. I assumed it was 100K plus. With markup obviously it will be. It'll be interesting to see 5-7 years in where prices settle in on the car. That's pretty amazing!
I'm sure my spec would top 100. I bet it doesn't take much. I want the upgraded interior, and z06 look. I bet those carbon wheels are a pricey option.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #60
TwoTwentyBlue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I want one, but I'm not in a hurry. I plan to get one near the end of its lifecycle when it'll have the most refinements (and aftermarket support) and hopefully no long waiting list and ADM.
+1

I've driven a friend's C8 on several occasions and it is an amazing platform. The Z06 is definitely a car I intend to buy and keep hopefully forever like my M2 CS. Need more garage space before I can add more cars though.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not a big fan of American muscle cars, for one reason if nothing else, they cost a fortune in Australia.

I must admit though, your friend's car is a significant improvement on styling - I'd even go so far as saying, stunning really.

I'm impressed America
He's actually getting ready to sell his to make room for the Z06. Not sure what shipping would look like from Portland, OR to Australia but if you (or anyone else) is interested, send me a DM and I can put you in touch.
Attached Images

Sold - F87 M2 Comp, F87 M2 LCI, F22 228i, and E90 328i
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 09:44 PM   #61
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+1

I'm impressed America
He's actually getting ready to sell his to make room for the Z06. Not sure what shipping would look like from Portland, OR to Australia but if you (or anyone else) is interested, send me a DM and I can put you in touch.
I'm most grateful for the kind offer. Another trouble is, we are a former British colony and as such, we drive on the opposite side of the road
      11-16-2021, 11:25 PM   #62
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
I like that this monster has been spawned in November as the lyrics "so ugly, so ugly" play in my head every gone I see it. Apparently one excuse for how ugly it is was that it had to fit golf clubs in the rear! Go figure.
Appreciate 2
Chicane_1048.50
      11-17-2021, 12:00 AM   #63
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
I like that this monster has been spawned in November as the lyrics "so ugly, so ugly" play in my head every gone I see it. Apparently one excuse for how ugly it is was that it had to fit golf clubs in the rear! Go figure.
Looks are subjective, but I'd say you are not in agreement with 95% of the public on this one. I have seen few cars get as many positive comments from non-car-people as the C8. The rear could be better, but every other angle is great.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #64
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Looks are subjective, but I'd say you are not in agreement with 95% of the public on this one. I have seen few cars get as many positive comments from non-car-people as the C8. The rear could be better, but every other angle is great.
A lot of people like Crocs. I'd imagine a Venn diagram of people that like Crocs and also like this car would be revealing.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 01:16 AM   #65
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
A lot of people like Crocs. I'd imagine a Venn diagram of people that like Crocs and also like this car would be revealing.
Way to go alienating our American allies mate
      11-17-2021, 02:38 AM   #66
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Way to go alienating our American allies mate
I think you are stereotyping a bit here. Not all Americans wear Crocs.

Now, 90% of all American males over 35 do wear large beige trousers though. I think it is written in law. Possibly part of the constitution. I am not sure of this overall Venn diagram but I'd comfortably say 100% of C8 purchasers would sign the deal wearing large beige trousers.
Appreciate 1