BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Anyone thinking about selling their M2 CS? I'm a serious buyer in Los Angeles.

12-06-2021, 05:38 PM   #23
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig'sM3 View Post
...I'm being honest when I say the M2CS is very special. It is worth every penny even at 105k, will be hard to find such a special & well rounded car for this price.

Goodluck !
It's like BMW messed up when they made it. They made it too good. This will be the car all future BMW's are compared to.....until the ICE is dead anyway.

Like BMW still uses the E30 M3 to instantly make your blood pressure rise.
ChiTownM1056.00
WWM3968.00
      12-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #24
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
I agree. I had an E92. No comparison.
Me too. E92 is useless on city streets. Downright slow. Ragged at 8k RPM as well. Doesn't sound like a V8, even after I got the M exhaust. Clutch too light and lousy tranny feel. I ordered mine new, M red on fox red. Looked nice and that was about it.
I disagree with people that would consider them "classics" as the redeeming qualities are few.
Want a CS? Mine is MB, manual with ceramics. Nobody seems to be selling cars with ceramics. My beautiful gold wheels were still spotless after 1k miles.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #25
Peterometer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Not too many got the ceramics. The thing with the cs is that they are great on the track — BUT the ceramics make it not a great car to track so the resell audience will always be that much smaller because most people will want to track the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 08:54 PM   #26
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestevesteve View Post
Not too many got the ceramics. The thing with the cs is that they are great on the track — BUT the ceramics make it not a great car to track so the resell audience will always be that much smaller because most people will want to track the car.
I honestly can't see most people tracking this car, and for my money the CCB option is more desirable because it's more rare. When I'm ready to get my CS it'll have this option or I won't buy the car.
Appreciate 3
WWM3968.00
M3R12167.00
      12-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #27
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I honestly can't see most people tracking this car, and for my money the CCB option is more desirable because it's more rare. When I'm ready to get my CS it'll have this option or I won't buy the car.
Most is likely true. Most simply don't track to begin with! But those of us that are tracking it are having a lot of fun! (I also went with steelies specifically because I was going to be tracking it).
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:07 AM   #28
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Quote:
Most is likely true. Most simply don't track to begin with! But those of us that are tracking it are having a lot of fun! (I also went with steelies specifically because I was going to be tracking it).
I'm curious, why not CCB is you're tracking it? Is it economical, of a mechanical reason?
      12-08-2021, 04:11 AM   #29
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestevesteve View Post
You can easily part CCBs in even if the car you buy has steels. They're the same standard shared part across F82 CS, F80, F81 and F82.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #30
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm curious, why not CCB is you're tracking it? Is it economical, of a mechanical reason?
Economical. Too much uncertainty about the ability to keep the CCBs from going to hell. Bed the brakes wrong once, overheat the rotors a couple times, nick a rotor swapping tires and you are out over 4k per corner. Throw in the broader number of pad choices for changing brake bias and behavior with the steel option and it's an easy choice when tracking.

I did also like the red calipers more too. If I was a money was no object guy I could do what many Porsche track rats do and buy the CCB option, but then have swapped to steel rotors for track days. I wasn't financially positioned for that or interested in that much extra work for track days.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 07:30 AM   #31
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
If I was a money was no object guy I could do what many Porsche track rats do and buy the CCB option, but then have swapped to steel rotors for track days.
Then the booster has to be recalibrated for the different rotors and pads, correct?
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 08:24 AM   #32
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Economical. Too much uncertainty about the ability to keep the CCBs from going to hell. Bed the brakes wrong once, overheat the rotors a couple times, nick a rotor swapping tires and you are out over 4k per corner. Throw in the broader number of pad choices for changing brake bias and behavior with the steel option and it's an easy choice when tracking.

I did also like the red calipers more too. If I was a money was no object guy I could do what many Porsche track rats do and buy the CCB option, but then have swapped to steel rotors for track days. I wasn't financially positioned for that or interested in that much extra work for track days.
I never really looked at it like that. Likelihood of me taking mine on track are close to zero, but getting them damaged by changing tyres sounds like a really worrisome thing

I'll be sure to pay attention to that when getting new ones

Thanks for the feedback
      12-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #33
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
I never really looked at it like that. Likelihood of me taking mine on track are close to zero, but getting them damaged by changing tyres sounds like a really worrisome thing

Thanks for the feedback
Get a set of these for wheel changes. Significantly reduces the risk of a wheel drop/rotor catch.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...b8f71083&_ss=r
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 05:16 PM   #34
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback
Get a set of these for wheel changes. Significantly reduces the risk of a wheel drop/rotor catch.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...1083&_ss=r
Bloody marvellous

Can you tell me please which size would fit the M2CS?

aaaand, is there any difference between cards in countries with the Metric system than those in US?

Cheers in advance
      12-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #35
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:

https://ind-distribution.com/product...b8f71083&_ss=r
Just get a stud conversion kit and forget about the hangers.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:12 PM   #36
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC View Post
The DCT cars helped a lot with the lesser torque down low in that V8…
100%. I hated that dead spot for street driving in my E92. I had a manual and it just didn’t quite work. I’m a pretty die-hard manual guy, but I felt the engine was better with the DCT. I sold the car after 20k miles or so. As a road car, the M2 CS is just so dialed. Any gear any time. Shift all over the place and it’s at home. Rev it out or lug it out. It’s all good.

I also don’t have space and hate dealing with multiple cars, but definitely have a hard time letting this one go.

OP, do you have a preference on color, transmission and brakes?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #37
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Me too. E92 is useless on city streets. Downright slow. Ragged at 8k RPM as well. Doesn't sound like a V8, even after I got the M exhaust. Clutch too light and lousy tranny feel. I ordered mine new, M red on fox red. Looked nice and that was about it.
I disagree with people that would consider them "classics" as the redeeming qualities are few.
Want a CS? Mine is MB, manual with ceramics. Nobody seems to be selling cars with ceramics. My beautiful gold wheels were still spotless after 1k miles.
This was my experience too. I was ready to do the 4.4L Stroker too it before I sold it.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #38
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep

Interesting those commenting about the interior. I feel like BMW added just the right amount of stuff for it to feel pretty special inside. It’s subtle but it feels just special enough. Also relatively easy to maintain. My main grip is the giant steering wheel. Would kill for a Porsche steering wheel in this thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #39
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
Quote:

https://ind-distribution.com/product...1083&_ss=r
Just get a stud conversion kit and forget about the hangers.
^This!
Attached Images

12-08-2021, 09:51 PM   #40
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
^This!
I know that's the smart play, but I just hate the way they look. If I could find a good looking set it might just change my mind.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #41
SilverM2_CS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 2011 135i Convertible

Not to track this car is like having a Jeep and never taking it off road.
I try to be as gentile to the car when on the track, but it can really handle more thank my skill allows.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 12:04 PM   #42
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverM2_CS View Post
Not to track this car is like having a Jeep and never taking it off road.
I try to be as gentile to the car when on the track, but it can really handle more thank my skill allows.
Funny you mention this. My DD is a 2018 Jeep GC which never goes off road and a M2cs which will never see the track...
      12-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #43
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Go to any local C&C and I'm sure a good 80% of those supercars never see the track....

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 01:44 PM   #44
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
Go to any local C&C and I'm sure a good 80% of those supercars never see the track....
…..or rain, or snow, or any significant mileage per year.
Appreciate 0