BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Did I screw up going with cup 2s?

11-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #111
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Super glad I got the cup 2s. I drive them when dry, cold, cold and wet. No issues. They heat up quick, and I have the track connect sensors to play with. I was surprised how well they do in the wet. You can always order a set of PS4S and store the cup2s until warmer weather. They don't throw up enough debris to tear up the PPF. Maybe dull it over time, but time will tell that story. All this was to say don't worry about it unless you are planning to drive in snow.

Edit:. My "cold" relative to Charlotte NC. My garage rarely gets below 50F
I don't know about you, but my factory PSS on my 2020 M2C throw up plenty of rocks to do more to the ppf than "dull" it overtime. My entire car is covered in XPEL ultimate, and I have 8-10 small knicks in the PPF in front of the rear wheels around the area that BMW puts the small piece of PPF from the factory. That being said, I have full belief that the PPF is more than enough to eliminate any rock chips in the paint on the rear quarters... and the small blemishes in it don't bug me (though they would if the paint was exposed). I can only imagine that the Cup2s do this at a significantly higher rate...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:40 AM   #112
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROASTM View Post
I don't know about you, but my factory PSS on my 2020 M2C throw up plenty of rocks to do more to the ppf than "dull" it overtime. My entire car is covered in XPEL ultimate, and I have 8-10 small knicks in the PPF in front of the rear wheels around the area that BMW puts the small piece of PPF from the factory. That being said, I have full belief that the PPF is more than enough to eliminate any rock chips in the paint on the rear quarters... and the small blemishes in it don't bug me (though they would if the paint was exposed). I can only imagine that the Cup2s do this at a significantly higher rate...
After almost 9k miles on mine the ppf is holding up well. I don't notice and dulling or fading. Unsure if ceramic coating would protect against micro abrasion from small particles like sand.
Appreciate 0