BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > 2018 M2 LCI ultimate track/street beast build

10-19-2021, 08:38 PM   #133
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam2slow View Post
Such an amazing build with quality parts! Glad I found your build as I was looking for pictures of M2's sitting on 18" Ec7 wheels. I think it's time for a wing
Thanks man I appreciate it! Hope it's helped you out.
Just be warned that stuff those 18x10" et33's in the front was not easy lol. But I'm happy to have a massive square setup on track.
Appreciate 2
Spider.75.50
      10-19-2021, 10:29 PM   #134
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam2slow View Post
Such an amazing build with quality parts! Glad I found your build as I was looking for pictures of M2's sitting on 18" Ec7 wheels. I think it's time for a wing
The other thing with adding a wing is I really don't want to get into serious aero without setting it up to be balanced. People that add massive rear wings and don't have anything in the front are creating an unbalanced car.
One day, when I own a gt3. The m2 will be fully gutted and will get big boy aero. But for now I want to push it without aero and really hone my skill as a driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 02:44 AM   #135
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Love this thread man. This is slowly where I am heading towards with my Comp!

I must say, based on past experience I am kind of reluctant of modifying so many things at once, else the problem solving process can be so incredibly difficult. And you have already done a bunch of that for us. Awesome!

These threads should be highlighted so that people don't need to do that much trial and error, like I had for a while. Because I listened to the wrong people, those that read a lot on facebook but do nothing with their car, surely you know.

Currently just done brake stuff, KW CS 3way and exhaust, besides some aesthetic stuff. Don't see myself doing any engine mods, but when I see your interior... jesus
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 10:33 AM   #136
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post
Love this thread man. This is slowly where I am heading towards with my Comp!

I must say, based on past experience I am kind of reluctant of modifying so many things at once, else the problem solving process can be so incredibly difficult. And you have already done a bunch of that for us. Awesome!

These threads should be highlighted so that people don't need to do that much trial and error, like I had for a while. Because I listened to the wrong people, those that read a lot on facebook but do nothing with their car, surely you know.

Currently just done brake stuff, KW CS 3way and exhaust, besides some aesthetic stuff. Don't see myself doing any engine mods, but when I see your interior... jesus
Thanks man I appreciate it! I don't post full DIY's I just post answers to the questions I've discovered through doing things myself. Or answers that I couldn't find in other diy's or videos.
Trying to fill the gaps.

I fortunately haven't had many problems along the way. I've always believed in pay once cry once. Don't cheap out. So buying quality parts the first time is always better.

The interior is awesome, having my seats redone to match factory was worth every penny and gets a lot of looks. It really completes the look and doesn't make it look cheasy like a street car someone just threw buckets into.

A lot of detail is kinda over looked cause I have a lot of black. But that's how's I like it. I don't like flashy colors. I like people to have to stare for a minute to start seeing the details.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 09:35 PM   #137
Rainey94
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Looks awesome. Great seeing an OG LCI built up to this level.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #138
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey94 View Post
Looks awesome. Great seeing an OG LCI built up to this level.
Thank you! I appreciate the love!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #139
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

So with the amount of Amazon points I accumulate on my company CC and then just burning a hole in my pocket lol. I picked up a garmin catalyst! I'm very excited to see how this might help improve my skill on track, keep my race line proper and drive smoother! Very curious to try it out! Next track day is Buttonwillow Race13 on December 4th!

I mounted the garmin in the cup holder that I cut open for the CAE install. I tapped the holes in a ram Mount and bolted it from the bottom of the cup holder. With the CAE you can't use the aux usb in the LCI cup holder so that wire was just hanging out under the cup holder. It's not powering the garmin plug! Worked out perfectly! I snaked the camera wire under the dash and up the passenger a pillar and mounted the camera to the left of the rear view mirror. It's all very clean and looks factory.

I can't stand when people run AIMs or other data loggers and have wires hanging everywhere. It really bothers my OCD. Everything must look finished and factory clean!

Between now and then I'm also flushing the trans and diff with fresh fluid, oil change and redoing some of the clear bra on my front clip using XPEL 10mil PPF!

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #140
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Today I changed my diff and trans oil.

I used the bmw factory recommended diff fluid because the E-LSD is picky apparently.

For the trans I did motul 75-90 gear. I've had good luck with motul in the motor and I know they load their oils with additives.

The diff fluid hasn't been done since the breakin service. Car has 10,721 miles on it. The oil was BLACK grey. I would HIGHLY recommend changing your diff fluid every 10k atleast. I most likely will change it 1 once a year at a minimum.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 10:04 PM   #141
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c f87 S55

Garage List
Saw this build and met ya at streets with jmp autowerks this things a beast!

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1805010
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #142
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFEA View Post
Thank you!! Hope to see you at the track someday soon!
I'm doing race car party at buttonwillow December 4th
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #143
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c f87 S55

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dammit I can't make that one but I'll be at willow with Jmp Dec 11th and BW with speed ventures and bimmer challenge Dec 18 and 19!

I'm sure we'll cross paths again it's a small world down here

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1805010
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #144
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dammit I can't make that one but I'll be at willow with Jmp Dec 11th and BW with speed ventures and bimmer challenge Dec 18 and 19!

I'm sure we'll cross paths again it's a small world down here
I wanted to do the JMP event. I love their events and know the guys over there. But I have to support my buddy sean Lee at the purist toy drive on the 11th. So I'll have my booth and everything over there.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #145
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Well guys, I needed a tax write off at the end of the year so why not add aero rather than give it away to Uncle Sam!

Phase one is the RKP GP front lip. I will then develop my own chassis Mount splitter to go beneath it just like tyspeed did.

Also have a 235 trunk and wing coming from IND!

Also added the zunsport grill mesh. Highly recommend those! Really helps keep crap off my coolers!

More pics to come!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Spider.75.50
ebisu81073.50
      12-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #146
Spider.
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 Competition

Quote:
Well guys, I needed a tax write off at the end of the year so why not add aero rather than give it away to Uncle Sam!

Phase one is the RKP GP front lip. I will then develop my own chassis Mount splitter to go beneath it just like tyspeed did.

Also added the zunsport grill mesh. Highly recommend those! Really helps keep crap off my coolers!

More pics to come!
Sick teaser! Can't wait to see the new rear.

Question about the Zunsport grille, is the middle portion removable once you install?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:04 AM   #147
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Glamour shots by deb! The car BARELY makes it out of my driveway! I mean barely. I'll need to figure out a board system because this splitter hangs lowwwww! I knew it would be low from looking at the pictures but it's dam low!
I might need to install my 6" front springs and raise the car a little. I've been wanting to do this anyway. But still maintain some rake. The 5.5" springs in the front ride with the perch super high. I think the 6" will be perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ebisu81073.50
      12-27-2021, 12:10 AM   #148
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Also, of course I wrapped the splitter in XPEL and installed sliplo. Hoping to help save it.

Phase 2 to develop my own chassis Mount splitter to go under the lip and tie into the frame will start soon.
I plan to measure for splitter rods. I'll also need to make some spacers. Drill a few holes and then decide on a shape for the splitter. It should be pretty easy.

The upper lip is attached to the bumper rock solid. I installed it with the bumper off the car so I could make sure everything lined up perfectly. It honestly would of been a total pain in the ass to try the install with the bumper on the car.

I also stripped out the headlamp squirters and hoses. Then JB welded the line coming from the tank.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #149
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider. View Post
Quote:

More pics to come!
Sick teaser! Can't wait to see the new rear.

Question about the Zunsport grille, is the middle portion removable once you install?
All 3 grills are removable. They only way you could tell a kit was installed is there is one screw per side for the small grilles that gets a coarse thread screw into a flat portion of the plastic. If you'd like I'll post specifics. But yes. In all it would be very easy to remove. 10/10 recommend buying a kit.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:16 AM   #150
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Few pics from laguna Seca recently. Phenomenal track! PB for the day was 1:44 first time ever there. With aero i predict sub 1:40 easy. I was driving conservative in a few sections after seeing 3 Mclarens total out!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Spider.75.50
ebisu81073.50
      01-10-2022, 08:23 AM   #151
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Did a trade deal with a customer! Can't wait to rip on these. I've oogled over them for years!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ZM22809.00
ebisu81073.50
      01-13-2022, 06:51 PM   #152
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Home sick with Covid! Was feeling better today. No more fever and aches. So I spent the day tinkering. I got my abs splitter blade and splitter rods mounted. I had to make a little exstension bracket to go from the crash bar to where I wanted the splitter rods to Mount. There's 2 holes in the center of the m2 bumper. I used those holes and just opened them up a little. It worked great! And the best part is everything is still easy to take off. So if I need to quickly remove the front bumper this won't add a bunch of time or headaches!

Also finished up installing MSI studs from slicer my old studs were over a year old and had many many tire mounts and removals. As a maintenance thing I decided to replace them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
slicer2736.00
      01-15-2022, 02:23 PM   #153
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Home sick with Covid! Was feeling better today. No more fever and aches. So I spent the day tinkering. I got my abs splitter blade and splitter rods mounted. I had to make a little exstension bracket to go from the crash bar to where I wanted the splitter rods to Mount. There's 2 holes in the center of the m2 bumper. I used those holes and just opened them up a little. It worked great! And the best part is everything is still easy to take off. So if I need to quickly remove the front bumper this won't add a bunch of time or headaches!

Also finished up installing MSI studs from slicer my old studs were over a year old and had many many tire mounts and removals. As a maintenance thing I decided to replace them.
Looks great!
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 02:30 PM   #154
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

This is coming along so nicely my dood!