BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > 2022 BMW M240i vs 2018 BMW M2 - Throttle House

12-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #23
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I really question the performance characteristics of a sporty coupe that has the option of choosing Run Flat tires and Regular Tires... which tires was the suspension designed for?

I know in the older Non M cars, it was definitely the run flats as otherwise the cars got really wobbly on regular tires. Just something to think about as the real M cars never even get a runflat option.
      12-07-2021, 09:55 AM   #24
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I really question the performance characteristics of a sporty coupe that has the option of choosing Run Flat tires and Regular Tires... which tires was the suspension designed for?

I know in the older Non M cars, it was definitely the run flats as otherwise the cars got really wobbly on regular tires. Just something to think about as the real M cars never even get a runflat option.
It's a matter of markets, here in Europe the G42 has no runflat or all-seasons tyres, not even the base 220i. Same with the M240i F22, the car here only came with Pilot Super Sport (not runflat of course), no other options were available.
Appreciate 0