BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C - Share your Journey

10-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #1849
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Gang

Apologies in advance about my brief and less frequent thread posts . . . as alluded to recently, relocated to Florida and things been quite busy. Things going to stay quite busy, so I will have to pick my spots . . .

If you have never seen Daytona International Speedway (DIS), you would be absolutely blown away by the ‘enormity’ of the complex and just how ‘cool’ it looks. I am not a NASCAR fan, but just seeing DIS has me completely pumped to attend next Daytona 500.

Driving the beast in 90-degree weather is so much better than the 50-degree weather I left in Michigan. Not just the tire temps and associated traction, but the engine itself is just always warm and ready to play.

The community in which I live is gated with its own (private) airport. I do not own a plane, nor do I know how to fly one. HOWEVER, you might imagine how a private runway can quickly become a private racetrack . . . it is fucking cool as hell! As an aside, John Travolta lived in the community, but left prior to my arrival. As I have been told, John’s choice in private jets outgrew the safe capacity of the runway?

Regarding the beast . . . what a fucking machine!!!! As they say, perfect for being a hooligan. The new MP Coilovers and Exhaust continue to impress. The exhaust was an admittedly frivolous endeavor, but G’damn, the acoustics are impressive. Nothing better than wringing the beast out and knowing JCZ5, Poochie, BigKutta, etc can all hear me several states away.

I am going to continue reserve comment on the G80 M3C that is coming my way. I only mention it because, ultimately, it will be a part of MY M2C journey.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 10-14-2020 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 5
JCZ51482.50
Poochie9103.00
ADDONE230.00
boss2k1064.50
Red229627.00
      10-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #1850
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
I am going to continue reserve comment on the G80 M3C that is coming my way
You're getting a G80 too, nice! It must feel good to be king..

I look forward to your feedback. I'm not a huge fan of its aesthetic but all my younger friends like it 🤷🏻 so I'll reserve judgment until I see one in person..
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #1851
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Gang

Apologies in advance about my brief and less frequent thread posts . . . as alluded to recently, relocated to Florida and things been quite busy. Things going to stay quite busy, so I will have to pick my spots . . .

If you have never seen Daytona International Speedway (DIS), you would be absolutely blown away by the ‘enormity’ of the complex and just how ‘cool’ it looks. I am not a NASCAR fan, but just seeing DIS has me completely pumped to attend next Daytona 500.

Driving the beast in 90-degree weather is so much better than the 50-degree weather I left in Michigan. Not just the tire temps and associated traction, but the engine itself is just always warm and ready to play.

The community in which I live is gated with its own (private) airport. I do not own a plane, nor do I know how to fly one. HOWEVER, you might imagine how a private runway can quickly become a private racetrack . . . it is fucking cool as hell! As an aside, John Travolta lived in the community, but left prior to my arrival. As I have been told, John’s choice in private jets outgrew the safe capacity of the runway?

Regarding the beast . . . what a fucking machine!!!! As they say, perfect for being a hooligan. The new MP Coilovers and Exhaust continue to impress. The exhaust was an admittedly frivolous endeavor, but G’damn, the acoustics are impressive. Nothing better than wringing the beast out and knowing JCZ5, Poochie, BigKutta, etc can all hear me several states away.

I am going to continue reserve comment on the G80 M3C that is coming my way. I only mention it because, ultimately, it will be a part of MY M2C journey.

///AVM
I worked in Deland and lived opposite the Daytona international speedway in a hotel for a year, used to commute Mon-Thursday , love that place and all the great food choices you get and the excellent warm weather. Daytona beach airport is just the best with easy in and out in less than 15 mins.

What do you do for a living since you stay in a swanky place
      10-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #1852
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Gang

///AVM
Best of luck in your new location and endevours. Be sure to look into the Rolex 24, this coming January at Daytona. It was an amazing experience to attend. Not sure of the status of BMWs or Porsches racing there. IMSA has had some manufacturer withdrawals lately.

Be careful if racing on that runway. I recall a tragic story where a teen took his dads E60 M5, tested the top speed there and didn't have enough room to brake. He sailed into trees and killed himself and several passengers.

EDIT: It was a sad story. The teen had posted on m5board.com asking about driving at its top speed. https://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/26/...es-off-runway/
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #1853
Skulinex
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '4 M3/'5 M3CS/‘18 M3CS /‘21M2C

Garage List
2015 Toyota 4Runner  [0.00]
2021 M2 Competition  [0.00]
2018 M3 CS  [0.00]
2004 M3  [10.00]
2005 M3 Competition  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
I also want to pair my 2021 M2C with an M3, but it would be the F80. Best of both worlds?

Anyone here done that?
I currently have an M3 CS and have an M2C in order
Appreciate 1
j23654.50
      10-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #1854
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Gang

///AVM
AVM, congrats on your move! And bro, cmon now, you have to buy a plane living over there. Then you can keep the Ms in the hangar!

I've always said, the right temperature and humidity enhance the experience of the beast. Give her a 75-85 degree day with low humidity and she hums, roars, and farts like no tomorrow.

With regard to hearing your baby beast, you seem to be moving farther and farther away...
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #1855
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
What do you do for a living . . .
Boss

I commit surgery . . .

///AVM
Appreciate 1
boss2k1064.50
      10-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #1856
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
Best of luck in your new location and endevours. Be sure to look into the Rolex 24, this coming January at Daytona. It was an amazing experience to attend. Not sure of the status of BMWs or Porsches racing there. IMSA has had some manufacturer withdrawals lately.

Be careful if racing on that runway.
Thank you Rich

I am not a 'speed guy' . . . people ask me all of the time how fast my cars go? I have no idea whatsoever. I just like being 'wrung out' and 'pulling Gs' through the turns.

The runway has an oval roadway around it and crossing lanes at various intervals. I do not prepare for takeoff down the middle of the runway, rather, like to 'go fast' around the corners. . . WIDE OPEN space, so you can safely push the limits of the traction control

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #1857
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
AVM, congrats on your move! And bro, cmon now, you have to buy a plane living over there. Then you can keep the Ms in the hangar!

I've always said, the right temperature and humidity enhance the experience of the beast. Give her a 75-85 degree day with low humidity and she hums, roars, and farts like no tomorrow.

With regard to hearing your baby beast, you seem to be moving farther and farther away...
Thank you Kutta!

Yep, the beast loves the southern climate!

Seriously, the airport is cool as hell, and I have tested some limits . . . however, I must say, it is not intended to be a race track and I will respect the lives of others moving forward (e.g., mine and those flying planes).

I liked North Carolina, but did not seem the fondness was reciprocated. . . 2020 a tough year for most everyone for one reason or another. So, I migrated further south. Fantastic state with conservatives and Patriots abound. . . I think I found myself a nice landing spot - pun intended.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
BigKutta3895.00
      10-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #1858
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulinex View Post
Good stuff Skull . . . however, as for ME, I will not own two visceral driving experiences simultaneously again. Simply does not equate to twice the fun.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #1859
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
I liked North Carolina, but did not seem the fondness was reciprocated. . . 2020 a tough year for most everyone for one reason or another. So, I migrated further south. Fantastic state with conservatives and Patriots abound. . . I think I found myself a nice landing spot - pun intended.

///AVM
Although a funny thing about Charlotte is people who moved south to Florida often move up to Charlotte after getting tired of the hurricanes and hot muggy summers. We call them half-backs.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #1860
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulinex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
I also want to pair my 2021 M2C with an M3, but it would be the F80. Best of both worlds?

Anyone here done that?
Curious to hear your thoughts as you will own and drive both back to back.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #1861
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you Kutta!

Yep, the beast loves the southern climate!

Seriously, the airport is cool as hell, and I have tested some limits . . . however, I must say, it is not intended to be a race track and I will respect the lives of others moving forward (e.g., mine and those flying planes).

///AVM
Finding the perfect landing spot in life is not easy, but once you do, it's bliss. Now that you have it, enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
ADDONE230.00
      10-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #1862
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finding the perfect landing spot in life is not easy, but once you do, it's bliss. Now that you have it, enjoy in good health!
Brother Kutta

Not sure if I found the 'perfect' landing spot but . . . so far so good.

Went up to Chipotle this evening and got an extra high-cholesterol burrito bowel

Sitting at window-side counter enjoying my burrito . . . the beast was just waiting on its leash.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love all the pretty M2C photos on this forum . .. mine just will never be one of them. HS really hides my auto ablutophobia.

My wheels on the other hand, have accrued what I am certain is close to a new world record thickness of brake pad and rotor rust dust (the orange hue from the rust dust matches my interior stitching, so I got that going for me).

///AVM
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BigKutta3895.00
      10-14-2020, 08:24 PM   #1863
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Brother Kutta

Went up to Chipotle this evening and got an extra high-cholesterol burrito bowel

Sitting at window-side counter enjoying my burrito . . . the beast was just waiting on its leash.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love all the pretty M2C photos on this forum . .. mine just will never be one of them. HS really hides my auto ablutophobia.

My wheels on the other hand, have accrued what I am certain is close to a new world record thickness of brake pad and rotor rust dust (the orange hue from the rust dust matches my interior stitching, so I got that going for me).

///AVM
@///AVM what in the world...I have never see a black wheel look grey from all the accumulated brake dust / rust...
      10-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #1864
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@///AVM what in the world...I have never see a black wheel look grey from all the accumulated brake dust / rust...
JC

As you know, I do not fuck around when it comes carcass, grime and dust accumulation.

My beast looks truly 'silver' (maybe more gray) because of the layer of grime on it currently. . . up-close it is very apparent.

Regarding the wheel 'dust,' the hue is more orange than gray. The 'orange' is rotor dust rust mixed in with black/gray brake pad dust. At any rate, again, there are some 1200+ miles of 'dust' on those wheels at this point.

I HOPE to clean the beast up this weekend.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #1865
Puppetz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Test Drive Experiences

Thanks for all the info and posts that people share. I have been doing a lot of research on the car - on paper this feels like it could be the one. I've scheduled a test drive for a week out. Unfortunately this is my second time doing so. The first time, dealership A, wouldn't let me take the car out unless I was seriously going to buy it, as they wanted to "keep the miles low." This time, dealership B, is offering to let me drive the car, but I'm not sure what to expect. I'm inquiring as to what some of your experiences have been, and what is reasonable to ask for. I saw the car once before at the M Town Tour last year, but haven't been able to really kick the tires so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 10:08 PM   #1866
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetz View Post
Thanks for all the info and posts that people share. I have been doing a lot of research on the car - on paper this feels like it could be the one. I've scheduled a test drive for a week out. Unfortunately this is my second time doing so. The first time, dealership A, wouldn't let me take the car out unless I was seriously going to buy it, as they wanted to "keep the miles low." This time, dealership B, is offering to let me drive the car, but I'm not sure what to expect. I'm inquiring as to what some of your experiences have been, and what is reasonable to ask for. I saw the car once before at the M Town Tour last year, but haven't been able to really kick the tires so to speak.
That test drive will definitely help you make up your mind, well at least it did for me, the car sold itself to me on the test drive.

The one I drove was already had a few thousand kms on it so all I had to do was warm it up and give it a squirt!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #1867
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Brother Kutta

///AVM
Its a badge of honor. Means you are driving the beast. Mine too become like this as I try to wash it once a month, but spend plenty of driving in between.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      10-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #1868
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetz View Post
This is a tough one. Most on here will tell you that the test drive will not do anything. They are usually short (M cars), on local dealer roads, with sales rep, and the test driver is unfamiliar with the car and not ready to play and have fun. Most likely you may be underwhelmed by the drive and question the glowing reviews on Youtube. In reality this car is simply perfect and brilliant (no bias here. Go drive the beast, but dont expect it to completely blow you away unless none of the test drive conditions listed above apply to you. If you do end up ordering or buying, I assure you that you will not regret the decision.

With regard to your question about "what is reasonable to ask for", what are you referring to? Price? Questions on options?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #1869
GregInNewMexico
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
This is a tough one. Most on here will tell you that the test drive will not do anything. They are usually short (M cars), on local dealer roads, with sales rep, and the test driver is unfamiliar with the car and not ready to play and have fun.....
My test drive was funny, but not for the actual driving experience. My sales rep handed me the key to the (not yet publicly test driven) M2C. I asked if he was going with me. He said nope. I already had them working on the deal, so that might be why they didn't go with me?

I knew I was going to buy the car as I drove my buddies 2018 M2 the previous week, so I literally drove the car around the block, maybe a quarter or half mile just to get a feel for the clutch and gearbox to make sure I would like the MT as opposed to DCT, then drove back into the dealer and parked the car. I didn't need to test any more than that. I was ready to purchase and I didn't want to drag it out another 15 minutes.

When I walked back in, the parts guy said that was literally the shortest test drive he had ever seen, and in an M car to boot.
2006 325i
Appreciate 1
BigKutta3895.00
      10-15-2020, 09:03 AM   #1870
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInNewMexico View Post
My test drive was funny, but not for the actual driving experience. My sales rep handed me the key to the (not yet publicly test driven) M2C. I asked if he was going with me. He said nope. I already had them working on the deal, so that might be why they didn't go with me?

I knew I was going to buy the car as I drove my buddies 2018 M2 the previous week, so I literally drove the car around the block, maybe a quarter or half mile just to get a feel for the clutch and gearbox to make sure I would like the MT as opposed to DCT, then drove back into the dealer and parked the car. I didn't need to test any more than that. I was ready to purchase and I didn't want to drag it out another 15 minutes.

When I walked back in, the parts guy said that was literally the shortest test drive he had ever seen, and in an M car to boot.
I never even drove one, placed a deposit as soon as it rolled off the truck. Then decided to drive it just to make sure nothing obvious is off before signing the paperwork. Test drive was just meh for me.
Appreciate 0