05-21-2020, 12:59 PM   #529
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
. . . In my mind, a cannot justify getting a '20 at a higher cost than '21 M2C. Even though it would mean I would get a '20 much earlier...
JC

Absolutely. . . you need to get what you want and makes the most sense for you.

I think you would be the first to admit you have a very particular build in mind which, again, perfectly fine and no justification required.

However, I was just thinking out loud in prior post, wondering if the lack of change or new options in the 21' would prompt others prospective buyers to have increased interest in the 20' models available on dealership lots?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #530
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
As for Kutta's suggestion that BMW should just make the fender wider . . . well, my rudimentary cost analysis tells me which one would be significantly less expensive. Get used to the fender flares where required by the powers that be.

///AVM
Yeah, I get that. That was just wishful thinking, or fantasy
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      05-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #531
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
. . . In my mind, a cannot justify getting a '20 at a higher cost than '21 M2C. Even though it would mean I would get a '20 much earlier...
JC

I think you would be the first to admit you have a very particular build in mind which, again, perfectly fine and no justification required.

However, I was just thinking out loud in prior post, wondering if the lack of change or new options in the 21' would prompt others prospective buyers to have increased interest in the 20' models available on dealership lots?

///AVM
I think for sure most reasonable prospective buyers would have more interest in MY20, now. Why wait for an addition 5-6 months to get into a MY21 when the MY20 is identical.

Also, in the next couple of months and quarter end, I'm sure there will be additional discounts to be had.

At the time of this post, in the US, there are:
- 86 cars w/MT with executive package
- 215 cars w/DCT with executive package

Only reason I see people going for factory order is if you can't find the spec you want with the price you want. Or you would like to do ED or PCD.
      05-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #532
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
JC

///AVM
I think for sure most reasonable prospective buyers would have more interest in MY20, now. Why wait for an addition 5-6 months to get into a MY21 when the MY20 is identical.
Keep in mind that although '20 & '21 MY are identical, when it's time to get rid of it, the '21 will retain a higher value.

It might sound asinine, in practice but that how the automotive sales game goes in the US.
Appreciate 2
Moflow2484.50
///AVM2528.00
      05-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #533
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
I would have been in this '21 boat per original plans, but the early M2 purchase was a blessing in hindsight. The daily therapy drives have been great and I've put on close to 3000 miles in 5 months even during the lockdown (still locked down in MD). It was my daily outing!
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      05-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #534
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:

Only reason I see people going for factory order is if you can't find the spec you want with the price you want. Or you would like to do ED or PCD.
Pretty sure BMW took ED off the table for 2021 North American customers as of the end of September.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #535
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:

Pretty sure BMW took ED off the table for 2021 North American customers as of the end of September.
MY21 is still available for ED.

Quote from motor1:

May 18 would be the last day for interested BMW customers to submit their pre-reservation forms for the European Delivery program. This can only be used until September 2020, however, but BMW will reportedly honor 2021 model year orders but without a production number

This is especially true considering everyone who has ordered a M2C within the last few weeks will have defaulted go MY21 in the vin code.
      05-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #536
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Quote:
JC

///AVM
So are you going to actually going to buy an M2C or just spend all day on BMW forums posting about it?

There is no reason wait and order a 21 M2C, never was. BMW focus is the M2CS. It's not a Porsche where there are hundreds of different options, find one on the lot negotiate a good price and buy it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #537
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
JC

///AVM
So are you going to actually going to buy an M2C or just spend all day on BMW forums posting about it?

There is no reason wait and order a 21 M2C, never was. BMW focus is the M2CS. It's not a Porsche where there are hundreds of different options, find one on the lot negotiate a good price and buy it.
He already bought one, and literally posted about it in this thread like 1-2 pages back. But burn, you sure got 'em.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 3
JCZ51482.50
///AVM2528.00
Moflow2484.50
      05-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #538
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
JC

///AVM

Pretty sure he bought one. Read the thread
Appreciate 2
JCZ51482.50
///AVM2528.00
      05-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #539
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
JC

///AVM

What is wrong with posting about it all day? I think there are many car enthusiasts on here without a BMW that loves to engage in conversation.

If you did some easy research (read a few posts above...), you would have found out I already placed an order at the dealer for one. Now just waiting for an allocation.

Also, there are so many reasons to wait for 2021. Someone mentioned resale for one. Also, my timeline is pretty flexible, currently living in the city so there is no need for a car until I move. As much as I want to own a M2C now, why spend the money for insurance, parking, etc. When it makes far more sense to actually pick up a car when I am out of the city...

...so literally just came up with 2 reasons so far 😉

Thanks Thescout13 arciga18!
///AVM2528.00
Moflow2484.50
BigKutta3896.50
      05-21-2020, 06:32 PM   #540
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

To not seem like a complete ass I'll elaborate.

Op just kept the original thread since it was a quote hilarious (wrong words) delivery

(Playing overcooked on the Xbox with the kids )
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #541
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Quote:
What is wrong with posting about it all day? I think there are many car enthusiasts on here without a BMW that loves to engage in conversation.

If you did some easy research (read a few posts above...), you would have found out I already placed an order at the dealer for one. Now just waiting for an allocation.

Also, there are so many reasons to wait for 2021. Someone mentioned resale for one. Also, my timeline is pretty flexible, currently living in the city so there is no need for a car until I move. As much as I want to own a M2C now, why spend the money for insurance, parking, etc. When it makes far more sense to actually pick up a car when I am out of the city...

There will be marginal value delta between a 20 and a 21 because the cars are IDENTICAL. If your chopping your car into Papa Gumbos Automall, maybe. Condition, mileage, history determine the value of an M car pretty quickly. The MY19 is more desirable to enthusiasts at this point because the ECU is unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #542
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
To not seem like a complete ass I'll elaborate.

Op just kept the original thread since it was a quote hilarious (wrong words) delivery

(Playing overcooked on the Xbox with the kids )
Arciga

It is all good . . . what else is there to do but share the story and laugh about it?

I guess I could have walked away from it, but I do my best to try and build credit in my Karma account . . . I guess one could argue I need to try harder, or the event would not have happened in the first place.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #543
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:

Are you doing ED or stateside...if ED, we'll add you to the compilation thread I have for the last few EDs!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #544
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The MY19 is more desirable to enthusiasts at this point because the ECU is unlocked.
Montaver

This dealership certainly appears to be waiting for one such enthusiast . . .

///AVM

https://www.auto.com/cars/bmw-m2-com...d17458?stc=new
Appreciate 1
Montaver2137.00
      05-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #545
JCZ5
Major
Rep

@F82PRETEND Hey! I actually posted a few times on your thread. Amazing build and you guys are very lucky to take part in this "last" opportunity. Unfortunately, I'm doing stateside pickup. However, reading your excited posts, I would be lying if I wasn't regretting it slightly. But for me, I'm not completely comfortable with traveling and also the fact that the 5/18 deadline has past.

I will be eagerly reading about your journey though!
      05-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #546
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Keep in mind that although '20 & '21 MY are identical, when it's time to get rid of it, the '21 will retain a higher value.

It might sound asinine, in practice but that how the automotive sales game goes in the US.
Poochie is right. When you trade in a car, you always want a newer model year as it should be a higher trade in value.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      05-21-2020, 10:23 PM   #547
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Hmm well my car is due to be built in July/Aug, glad I ordered mine early then as there seems to be no updates for 21 model.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #548
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Quote:
Quote:

There will be marginal value delta between a 20 and a 21 because the cars are IDENTICAL. If your chopping your car into Papa Gumbos Automall, maybe. Condition, mileage, history determine the value of an M car pretty quickly. The MY19 is more desirable to enthusiasts at this point because the ECU is unlocked.
The newer, the more expensive. Go figure?!

Well, at least we managed to put the topic down to rest - that there are no changes on the 21' model.

Resale value will be different solely on the fact that it is a more recent car, regardless of the MY. And the difference will be so marginal, that it is just a nonsense argument.

Buying a car thinking about those extra 500$ resale value... you're buying the wrong car if resale is that important to you.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      05-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #549
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcher View Post
resale value... you're buying the wrong car if resale is that import to you.
We like to beat useless things to death here. But yes, you want resale, go buy a Civic. In 2018, I helped my nephew buy his first car out of college..a Civic. I was able to get him a better deal on a new one (after a lot of work...but I negotiate for a living, so...), than I could on a 1-2 year used!!! Like WTF?!?! And he sold it to Carmax a year later for a $1,000 less than he bought it (not including taxes of course).

That car barely depreciates in the first few years, even with 20k-25k miles. I mean, I owned a civic once, but that resale seemed insane. And I wasn't just looking at a small sample size either, it was the entire DC area.

Anyway back to the 20 vs 21 topic. I'm glad my M2 is still special
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 07:59 AM   #550
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

Don't worry about it, post all you want. There's no sign that says BMW owners only, that the internet police can enforce...

Now, when are you switching to HS?
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
JCZ51482.50