BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > C7 vette to M2C

09-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #23
baege
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
I agree with you the throttle response on the M2C is much better than the vette but once you have passed the initial throttle stage the vette responds like a champ and you can feel the power and the V8 rumble, i miss the vette noise already

imo the vette is raw power and M2C is refined power.
I hear ya, but I tend to like the feeling of moving quickly without trying too hard, instant response to a throttle input, that sensation was missing in the vette

but yes pedal to the metal it's a beast and the noise with the performance exhaust definitely trumps the m2c by miles
Appreciate 1
boss2k674.50

09-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #24
SCM2016
SCM2016
Rep
Drives: M2C 2019

I have had a C7 Z06 convertible (I started track days after I bought the convertible) for 5 years and about 25k miles. I also have had a M2C for 2 years and about 16k miles. Both manuals and both stock. I daily drive the M2C and drive the C7 for fun.

With the magnetic suspension the C7 has a better ride on streets, highways and tracks. I like both transmissions and slightly prefer the C7ís more notchy feeling. However, for daily driving the M2C is just more practical. The visibility out of the M2C is outstanding, the storage space is vastly better and more flexible, and it is a fun and easy to live with everyday car.

I primarily track the C7 but also get the M2C on track 3-4 days a year. Both cars are fun on a track, but the Z06 is faster everywhere on the track. I am an intermediate driver and I can likely drive the M2C closer to its limits but the Z06 is more glued to the track and is vastly more powerful. The M2C has a great blend of practicality and performance but the Z06 is just at a higher level of performance and technology (magnetic suspension, touring through multiple levels of track settings, heads up display, performance data recorder, exhaust note that can be selected to be very quite or very loud).
Appreciate 5
chris7194073.50
Moflow1222.50
smknjoe31.50

Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #25
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

I haven't completed my first track day yet in my new M2C but I did have a chance to spend a full day driving a C7 Z51 trim at Bondurant a few years back. It surprised me in a very good way. The C7 felt surprisingly well balanced on the track. Plenty of power at any RPM and solid amounts of TQ. It felt fairly nimble at speed and the suspension and track settings were awesome. I became a fan. I don't find any simliarites between the M2C and C7. For a track dedicated car, hands down a C7 GS or C7 Z51 over a M2C. I choose the M2C cause it's the jack of all trades and master of none. Guess it all depends how much time you spend on track vs other fun like canyon carving or GT touring. The C7 hits the mark in those area as well but the M2C does it slightly better at a lesser cost than new C7 GS or C7 Z51.
boss2k674.50