BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan vs Remus Sport thoughts?

11-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
Fenerbahce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Dinan vs Remus Sport thoughts?

Has anyone heard both of these and is able to compare the two? I'm looking for an exhaust that will deepen and smoothen the tone. Something louder than stock, but not too much so. I will be retaining the stock mid pipe and cats. I understand an EL or single midpipe would change the tone more, but my conscience prefers to keep all emissions equipment in place (though I've went back and forth on this, so no judgement for my friends running a midpipe). I have ASD off and may also turn off the burbles at some point.

Comparing the two, I'm thinking the Remus Sport will be a step up in quality (and price), and perhaps a little quieter than the Dinan? Will it be a noticeable different than stock?

Dinan seems to be the better value of the two, but I'm a little nervous it may be too loud.

The tips on both are larger than I'd like. It seems Dinan would allow you to use any tips (with 70mm inlet?). With Remus, has anyone had luck using other tips? The Remus carbon tips look nice, but they are a touch too big and the price is ridiculous. I'm really looking for an "OEM+" look, rather than four cannons coming out the back

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
      11-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I don't know if REMUS sport is that much quieter than Dinan. Both on stock downpipes are not loud for a daily driver.

REMUS has a deeper tone in the mid-range but is also a lot more expensive.

ETA for remus sport is 1/9
Dinan is 1/6

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #3
Fenerbahce
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I don't know if REMUS sport is that much quieter than Dinan. Both on stock downpipes are not loud for a daily driver.

REMUS has a deeper tone in the mid-range but is also a lot more expensive.

ETA for remus sport is 1/9
Dinan is 1/6
Thanks, Mike - appreciate the input and ETA's. I figured Dinan's replacement of the resonator with an x-pipe would make it quite a bit louder. Good to know they are probably not drastically different in volume.
      11-29-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenerbahce View Post
Thanks, Mike - appreciate the input and ETA's. I figured Dinan's replacement of the resonator with an x-pipe would make it quite a bit louder. Good to know they are probably not drastically different in volume.
Sound is arguably the most individually subjective thing to get right. I heard the Remus Sport with the AAEL mid pipe and it was a touch too loud for me, however pretty good. After that I decided on the Dinan because of the price and the x pipe. Part of me wanted to go a little louder, however being annoyed by an exhaust is worse than wishing it was louder. These cars have are also definitely louder outside the car, so decide if you want your car loud or loud to you while driving.
      11-30-2021, 11:37 AM   #5
Fenerbahce
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Sound is arguably the most individually subjective thing to get right. I heard the Remus Sport with the AAEL mid pipe and it was a touch too loud for me, however pretty good. After that I decided on the Dinan because of the price and the x pipe. Part of me wanted to go a little louder, however being annoyed by an exhaust is worse than wishing it was louder. These cars have are also definitely louder outside the car, so decide if you want your car loud or loud to you while driving.
Yes! Similarly, windows up vs windows down also makes a huge difference, especially with ASD off. Stock exhaust actually seemed ok with windows down, but adding a little more volume and cleaning up the rear aesthetics seems to be a common goal for folks.

It's rare to see M2's, and even more difficult to hear them with various exhaust options, so forum input and YouTube videos are often the best we have. I'm going to give the Remus Sport a try, but it seems like both are great options.
      11-30-2021, 11:55 AM   #6
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Yes! Similarly, windows up vs windows down also makes a huge difference, especially with ASD off. Stock exhaust actually seemed ok with windows down, but adding a little more volume and cleaning up the rear aesthetics seems to be a common goal for folks.

It's rare to see M2's, and even more difficult to hear them with various exhaust options, so forum input and YouTube videos are often the best we have. I'm going to give the Remus Sport a try, but it seems like both are great options.
I forgot to mention that I have ASD coded off.
      12-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #7
AWFTMFWIN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 AW M2C, Roush 440A

Quote:

Comparing the two, I'm thinking the Remus Sport will be a step up in quality
I can't speak on the Dinan but I can tell you that my Remus is pretty much trash.

It appears to be welded together crooked, it's absolutely impossible to align the exhaust tips.

The finish of the carbon exhaust tips looks terrible after less than six months on the car.

Lastly, coustomer service is non-existent. I've sent email after email for warranty claim and have never got a reply.

I would highly be recommend you look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0