BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Bootmod3 customer service

10-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
NY135ivishnu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 135i

Bootmod3 customer service

Ive recently returned from having park Ave service my car for some minor issues. They did an update to the car so my fulls creen CarPlay and other programming has been erased.

When I tried to load the bootmod3 flash I had before, the flash failed and I sent a email to bootmod3 for some support. I was told they needed to screen share into my machine. I proposed a time to do so worrying that they close at 5pm.

I received a email with a link at 8pm with a link and I responded ASAP. About 3 mins Later I open the link and there's no session.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Is there a number that can be called or a live chat? I find it weird that sometimes I get a generated response in regards to the ticket status and other times nothing.

The fact that I live in New York and the car is in jersey doesn't make this any better.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 08:55 PM   #2
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

It's possible that they updated the ECU. It could mean that it needs to be bench unlocked now.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #3
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY135ivishnu View Post
Ive recently returned from having park Ave service my car for some minor issues. They did an update to the car so my fulls creen CarPlay and other programming has been erased.

When I tried to load the bootmod3 flash I had before, the flash failed and I sent a email to bootmod3 for some support. I was told they needed to screen share into my machine. I proposed a time to do so worrying that they close at 5pm.

I received a email with a link at 8pm with a link and I responded ASAP. About 3 mins Later I open the link and there's no session.

Is there a number that can be called or a live chat? I find it weird that sometimes I get a generated response in regards to the ticket status and other times nothing.

The fact that I live in New York and the car is in jersey doesn't make this any better.
Which car is this for? What month/year production?
It does sound like the DME is now on the newer OBD locked bootloader, which requires bench unlock first.
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

There is no number to call, email only. PTF has good support, stay patient, and they will take care of it. Im sure they get bombarded with hundreds of emails every day

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #5
NY135ivishnu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
Quote:

Which car is this for? What month/year production?
It does sound like the DME is now on the newer OBD locked bootloader, which requires bench unlock first.
Is there anything that stands out and let's me know this is the case? They seem to think it's the battery of the car.

When they loaded esys it didn't go through.

When I tried to load stock tune it tells me to convert to new rom. When I try and load the new rom it fails.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #6
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

If you have an enet cable and a Windows laptop, I can probably recover the car

But what month and year M2C is this?

We need more info here
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 1
chris7197332.50
      10-30-2021, 05:42 AM   #7
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
If you have an enet cable and a Windows laptop, I can probably recover the car

But what month and year M2C is this?

We need more info here
Enabled literally the best person on this forum. An expert with all 2019 and post M2Cs.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:49 AM   #8
GmizM2c
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2c

Quote:

I actually purchased my car there as well. I'm on Long island, didn't know there was a dealer update for full screen carplay.

What map are u running? I'm thinking of diving in but another year on warranty so it makes me nervous.
Appreciate 0