BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > S55 Stage 2.5 Braided Snow Perf Meth Install

10-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
methkingM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

S55 FBO stage 2.5 braided Snow Performance meth kit install!

Any questions feel free to drop here. Just completed my second installation on a 2series. Last install was more stealthy but here is my setup as is today.

Pending:
1. Re-seal solenoid lines as I found a leak
2. Some cable/piping management to make it more presentable and tidy.
3. Dyno tune it.
4. Modify the trunk flat thingy for tank and pump clearance.
5. Get a boost gauge holder
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
-Eidos489.50
      10-06-2021, 11:01 PM   #2
methkingM2C
Private
Rep

Any good boost gauge holder recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 08:23 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
bruiser135msport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2 CS & Bmw E21 320i

Water Injection : Similar to M4 GTS Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by methkingM2C View Post
S55 FBO stage 2.5 braided Snow Performance meth kit install!

Any questions feel free to drop here. Just completed my second installation on a 2series. Last install was more stealthy but here is my setup as is today.

Pending:
1. Re-seal solenoid lines as I found a leak
2. Some cable/piping management to make it more presentable and tidy.
3. Dyno tune it.
4. Modify the trunk flat thingy for tank and pump clearance.
5. Get a boost gauge holder
G’day
Really interested in your stealth installation as I’m looking at a Pure Water Injection System for my M2 Cs similar to the M4 GTS BMW Factory Install .

It would good if we could see more photos of the Water Meth Pipe run under the vehicle
etc .

Much Appreciated
Cheers
Bruiser
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #5
methkingM2C
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser135msport View Post
G'day
Really interested in your stealth installation as I'm looking at a Pure Water Injection System for my M2 Cs similar to the M4 GTS BMW Factory Install .

It would good if we could see more photos of the Water Meth Pipe run under the vehicle
etc .

Much Appreciated
Cheers
Bruiser
So I actually ran my pipe through the interior. I slide it under the rear seats and down the side of the rear interior. Then run the cables and wires beneath the insulation on the floor until I make it behind the plastic by the hood opener handle. From there there is a small predrilled factory hole you can use to route the line. Also my tank install is a bit anti stealth this time but just didn't want to add the 1-2hrs for the stealth tank. Also the pump is larger than when I did it on the m235i so a bit more difficult to work with. Gonna have to trine the floor board and make some elevated adjustments.

This is the setup I used for the thank in my M235i few years back. I had to remove the foam holding the suspension ECU. The 2.5 gall fit snug. Also had to stuff some padding beneath the tank so the pump inlet could sit below the tank exit. Also had to drill 1 hole for that braided line from tank to pump.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #6
methkingM2C
Private
Rep

Final numbers in ! 520whp / 600wtq Dynojet

Dyno day was 90F in Miami and super humid/rainy out. I'll post a new Dyno sheet some day but solid gains. I feel the power now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 02:14 AM   #7
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Nice! I'll be running the BMS kit. I ran the snow performance kit on my 428 and loved it. I went with M1 and mixed my own distilled water with it for a 70/30 or 80/20. I just got the crankhub so I'll be running 28psi on the stock turbos hoping for 560-570 wheel. Beautiful dyno curve btw. Holds power. Almost looks like the stock curve but with more power. Is this what you were going for?
      12-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #8
methkingM2C
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialEdition_F87 View Post
Nice! I'll be running the BMS kit. I ran the snow performance kit on my 428 and loved it. I went with M1 and mixed my own distilled water with it for a 70/30 or 80/20. I just got the crankhub so I'll be running 28psi on the stock turbos hoping for 560-570 wheel. Beautiful dyno curve btw. Holds power. Almost looks like the stock curve but with more power. Is this what you were going for?
Power was underwhelming but it was an extremely hot day. I think true numbers are 540whp. Also low.

I did crank hub and running the meth on the J pipe as seen above. I don't think you'll achieve the 560-570whp if it's only bung meth. Might need port injection or ethanol fuel mix.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Quote:
Power was underwhelming but it was an extremely hot day. I think true numbers are 540whp. Also low.

I did crank hub and running the meth on the J pipe as seen above. I don't think you'll achieve the 560-570whp if it's only bung meth. Might need port injection or ethanol fuel mix.
Yes I agree as I'll be running a mix. 560 isn't possible without e85 also. But with a E30-35 mix and meth it is atleast on JB4. Interesting way you ran the wires. I ran my wires underneath the car right next to the fuel lines as if it's safe the fuel lines it's the perfect spot for an extra fuel line and I followed it up to the charge pipe.

Keep us updated and can you post pictures under the hood of the lines attached? Sucks we can't run a full stealth kit like the M3/4 can cus of our battery but your creativity is inspiring. Great work! Looks super clean! Is that a 1 gallon tank?
      12-14-2021, 07:15 AM   #10
methkingM2C
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I agree as I'll be running a mix. 560 isn't possible without e85 also. But with a E30-35 mix and meth it is atleast on JB4. Interesting way you ran the wires. I ran my wires underneath the car right next to the fuel lines as if it's safe the fuel lines it's the perfect spot for an extra fuel line and I followed it up to the charge pipe.

Keep us updated and can you post pictures under the hood of the lines attached? Sucks we can't run a full stealth kit like the M3/4 can cus of our battery but your creativity is inspiring. Great work! Looks super clean! Is that a 1 gallon tank?
2.5 gal tank. And stealth actually is possible. 2.5 gal fits there and you have to drill 1 hole in the metal to get the hose lines through.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1