BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Active Autowerke Equal Length Non Res Mid with New Rear

09-28-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Active Autowerke Equal Length Non Res Mid with New Rear

got it installed yesterday... goddam my car sounds epic af!! this is how an inline 6 should be! i am absolutely enjoying every moment driving now.

i was actually getting pissed off because i waited 5 months for it... but WORTH!

i had the original AA signature catback before, it had more of a low rumble in low revs and loses tone/character up top. the new AA system now is more higher pitch and screams louder and louder as you go through the rev range. it is quite surprising to me how the 2 exhausts are so different.

the loud bark on start up is amazing, i don't know... maybe i just like being obnoxious. but its not just being loud, its the overall sound the system makes from every range is good! the tone is good, almost sounds naturally aspirated!

in terms of fitment, i would score the old system a 7/10 and the new 10/10. the old one was too tight with the thicc single mid and it seemed to rub or hit against whatever under the car and it drove me insane. hopefully, this new one will hold over time and stay well fitted in place. so far the fitment is 100% with tons of room between the pipes and underbody of the car. the installation was a breeze compared to the old, the old needed a lot of adjustments during install.

anyway, without typing an essay... i'll just say i was skeptical at the beginning with all the negative readings online about how the new system is bad blah blah blah. but after install and first start up... my god! i am OCD af and i love the new system! so if its good enough for me, then hopefully its good enough for the rest of you.

i have a video clip on my phone, but i don't have any accounts to upload onto youtube or whatever... maybe i'll figure it out later. but here are some pics if anyone wanted to see the shiny
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
inTgr8r2428.50
      09-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
Drew415
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M2 Comp

Advanced pls share video recording of the exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats, glad you like it

Sub'd for a sound clip

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 12:09 AM   #4
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

the car being cold compared to warm is night and day difference. after about 2 weeks with the exhaust, i notice that the sound, and tone totally changes after the car is warmed up... it is epic af! however, in this video its mainly cold because the video was taken immediately after install.

you may notice at the end of the video the burbles start, so that in a way means the car is warming up.

always after 2 mins of driving, my experience with the exhaust is much more enjoyable. but this is the only video i have, so hopefully you get the point!

all the driving modes are in the video, between comfort and sport and then at the end is sport +.

Last edited by Advanced; 10-09-2021 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
Nicname351.00
Drew41561.50
TimmyM56241.50
      10-09-2021, 09:49 AM   #5
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced View Post
the car being cold compared to warm is night and day difference. after about 2 weeks with the exhaust, i notice that the sound, and tone totally changes after the car is warmed up... it is epic af! however, in this video its mainly cold because the video was taken immediately after install.

you may notice at the end of the video the burbles start, so that in a way means the car is warming up.

always after 2 mins of driving, my experience with the exhaust is much more enjoyable. but this is the only video i have, so hopefully you get the point!

all the driving modes are in the video, between comfort and sport and then at the end is sport +.

Same with me but I have the Remus sport paired. As the days get colder, start up and the first few minutes (literally 2-4) are so so. After that it gets better and better.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 04:00 AM   #6
DavidGreenson
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Coupe

Attract Group's blog on advanced mobile app marketing strategies offers a comprehensive guide to monetizing apps effectively. The insights on user acquisition, retention, and engagement are spot-on, empowering developers to not only attract but also retain users. Strategies like in-app purchases and ads are well-explained, demonstrating a pathway to maximizing revenue.

Last edited by DavidGreenson; 02-06-2024 at 03:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGreenson View Post
I like the odd sexiness of this aesthetically...if this transforms the exhaust note as said- this is a killer mod to have imo
+1

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:28 AM   #8
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Are you running any after market intake as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:30 PM   #9
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
Are you running any after market intake as well?
nope... i was looking at the Eventuri, but i listened to it on another m2c and was not impressed... it was very muted and created no sound was like stock... didn't see the point so i didn't bother lol

i'd love to get the MSR intake but i don't think it is available for the m2c
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:21 AM   #10
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Quote:
nope... i was looking at the Eventuri, but i listened to it on another m2c and was not impressed... it was very muted and created no sound was like stock... didn't see the point so i didn't bother lol

Yeah I'm probably getting the Dinan or some drop in filters, the eventuri looks good but with a hefty price tag
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If you are looking for a loud intake, The Injen one is the one to get

Appreciate 0