BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Full Front End PPF + Cereamic coating (need opinions on the quality of the install)

09-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #1
buddybash
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Full Front End PPF + Cereamic coating (need opinions on the quality of the install)

I got Stek PPF film installed on the full front end + side skirts

Looking at the front bumper I don't know whether I should be happy or have the shop redo the installation.

Would love your guys opinions for those who have PPF on their M2c.

I was told that the front bumper because of the curvature it can't be laid down without the cuts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

I have full STEK and the installer also had to cut some of the plastic by the middle grill sides due to curvature of the frown. It's hardly noticeable unless you really get up close. Installer said the M2C front is one of the most time consuming cars to PPF due to the many curves on the lower grills and the indents on the middle grill. He also said he will charge more next time he PPFs another M2.

BTW, Where did you get it done?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
buddybash
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkonblk View Post
I have full STEK and the installer also had to cut some of the plastic by the middle grill sides due to curvature of the frown. It's hardly noticeable unless you really get up close. Installer said the M2C front is one of the most time consuming cars to PPF due to the many curves on the lower grills and the indents on the middle grill. He also said he will charge more next time he PPFs another M2.

BTW, Where did you get it done?
Can you share some photos? Curious how yours looks.
I guess I am just surprised because when they do car wraps they don't have to cut but I assume it isn't as thick of a film.

My installer does this part-time, he belongs to a car group I am part of on Facebook.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Not the best pic from my phone, keep in mind these are about an inch or two away from the surface of the car. I can't see the cuts when I'm kneeling in front of car, I literally have to feel with finger where cuts are made.

I had it done over a year now and the front still looks good and clean - paint is well protected.
___
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #5
buddybash
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkonblk View Post
Not the best pic from my phone, keep in mind these are about an inch or two away from the surface of the car. I can't see the cuts when I'm kneeling in front of car, I literally have to feel with finger where cuts are made.

I had it done over a year now and the front still looks good and clean - paint is well protected.
___
Thank you for taking the time to upload photos.
The edges capture dirt which sucks and overtime will be more noticeable, I wonder if there is a way to clean that.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #6
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybash View Post
Thank you for taking the time to upload photos.
The edges capture dirt which sucks and overtime will be more noticeable, I wonder if there is a way to clean that.
Not an expert by any means but many, either themselves or going back to the person who did the work, just take a very sharp blade and simply skim the dirtied or lifted edges off over time. In most cases, this creates an insignificantly changed edge and looks brand new again. Certainly wouldn't do it often to eventually created a much larger uncovered area or more noticeable cuts.