BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Headlight issues after replacement

08-30-2021, 05:44 AM   #1
ThatBlueM2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 DCT

Headlight issues after replacement

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum.

BMW M2 2018 LCI, Adaptive LED headlights.

Anyway - I hit a roe deer and my right headlight broke. The local dealership replaced it and everything seemed fine until I went on a trip outside the country and realized everything was extremely bright at night, especially roadsigns. It almost looked like I had high beams on all the time. People coming towards me started turning on their high beams, etc. It was a nightmare to drive at night.

I figured it had to be levelling issue, so I went to a BMW dealership in Frankfurt and they adjusted the headlights, and told me now everything is fine. Sure enough, the headlights were aiming lower, but they're still WAY TOO STRONG. The road signs are still extremely bright, and turning on the high beams lights up everything like it's day. So I parked the car in the garage and turned on the regular lights - they were difficult to look at from about 15 meters away, and to me they really did seem way too strong, both left and right headlight.

What could the dealership have possibly done while replacing the headlight to make such a mess? Is it possible they had to "reset the settings" or something and the settings defaulted to pre-LCI lights, so now LEDs are getting to much curent / voltage?

In any case, I'm going to another dealership tomorrow morning (currently in Berlin - oh what a joy it is to travel with a "broken" car), and I'll see what they have to say, but I'm interested to hear what people here think it could be.
      08-30-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I hope you figure this out, as I'd like to mess up my car that way
Appreciate 0