BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > bootmod3: CustomROM release - Map Switching, Flex Fuel, AntiLag, New Map Editor...

06-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #45
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogo View Post
I turned it down to 0 in the live adjust but it's still burbling
You can just flash it with burbles off if you want to get rid of them entirely, but I don't know how that would impact your ability to turn them back on in the live adjust.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 02:59 AM   #46
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
Is my map updated?

I don't connect to my car very often so I have a small question that I need clarified with the help of you guys..

I run the Stage 1 map v5.7 for my M2. When looking at "My Maps" I see the image in the attached file. What confuses me at the moment is the text "This is an OTS Map. There are no updates available at this time. When the tuner releases an update you will see a message show up that an update is available".

But if I look in the "OTS Maps" section there seems to be a version v5.9 of this map since January 2021.

To clarify my question: is this a newer version of my map?

It's just that I have never looked in this section for a new map since I was expecting a message about an existing update in the "My Maps" section...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 05:12 AM   #47
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I don't connect to my car very often so I have a small question that I need clarified with the help of you guys..

I run the Stage 1 map v5.7 for my M2. When looking at "My Maps" I see the image in the attached file. What confuses me at the moment is the text "This is an OTS Map. There are no updates available at this time. When the tuner releases an update you will see a message show up that an update is available".

But if I look in the "OTS Maps" section there seems to be a version v5.9 of this map since January 2021.

To clarify my question: is this a newer version of my map?

It's just that I have never looked in this section for a new map since I was expecting a message about an existing update in the "My Maps" section...
That map update feature doesn't work. 5.9 is the newest but you have to grab it from the maps list manually.
Appreciate 1
Fedorov162.00
      07-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #48
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

The burbles on maps 2-4 are embarrassing on the road. I think only map 1 gets your custom settings. Any way around this?
Appreciate 1
Saanen180.50
      07-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #49
MTWO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Anyone have any insight in to what I asked above?

Does rolling antilag work in manual or auto mode with dct?
I've tried both and can't get it to work.
In auto mode, it kicks down to a lower gear
In manual mode, it acts the same as just nailing the gas.

I know that my temps and rpm range is correct for it to be active, so it's not like my car isn't warmed up enough to enable it.

I can't figure it out.

It does the same thing this guy's car is doing. (example in the very beginning of his video) Just acts the same as flooring the gas. It doesn't activate a rev limiter to do a rolling launch.

It works in all modes
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #50
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Quote:

I know that my temps and rpm range is correct for it to be active, so it's not like my car isn't warmed up enough to enable it.

I can't figure it out.

It does the same thing this guy's car is doing. (example in the very beginning of his video) Just acts the same as flooring the gas. It doesn't activate a rev limiter to do a rolling launch.

Make sure when you are pressing the cruise control switch you go 1 click up, not all the way, and then mash the pedal (and hold on!)

Question to everybody,

Liveadjust has a decent E override warning to only use as an override if your sensor is kaput. I don't have/want a sensor yet.

I was getting high RPM slight HPFP drops (4-500 psi up top with full recovery, but of course I backed off when they happened) with targets around 2450psi on the regular, non-adjusted 2+ E30 map if I had literally anything over a perfect E30 and shell/mobil 93 mix. With a perfect mix it ran flawlessly.

I wanted to see how liveadjust/flex fuel changes things so I put E40 in the tank and set the override to that. Now my HPFP is in the 28xx range consistently with no hiccups and it absolutely HAULS down the road. Very noticeable increase in power compared to E30. I'm going to continue bumping up percentage maybe to E45-50 to see if my HPFP can handle it.

Is there any danger to using the override consistently or is the warning just there so people don't expect flexfuel to continue working once they override it?
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Next step: M2 Competition or Manual Supra MKV build Summer 2022
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 02:35 PM   #51
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtl32 View Post
Make sure when you are pressing the cruise control switch you go 1 click up, not all the way, and then mash the pedal (and hold on!)

Question to everybody,

Liveadjust has a decent E override warning to only use as an override if your sensor is kaput. I don't have/want a sensor yet.

I was getting high RPM slight HPFP drops (4-500 psi up top with full recovery, but of course I backed off when they happened) with targets around 2450psi on the regular, non-adjusted 2+ E30 map if I had literally anything over a perfect E30 and shell/mobil 93 mix. With a perfect mix it ran flawlessly.

I wanted to see how liveadjust/flex fuel changes things so I put E40 in the tank and set the override to that. Now my HPFP is in the 28xx range consistently with no hiccups and it absolutely HAULS down the road. Very noticeable increase in power compared to E30. I'm going to continue bumping up percentage maybe to E45-50 to see if my HPFP can handle it.

Is there any danger to using the override consistently or is the warning just there so people don't expect flexfuel to continue working once they override it?
are you saying that stage 2+ e30 tune targets HPFP 2450psi, and when using liveadjust to e40, then it targets 28xxpsi?

further more, are you saying that if you had e40 in the tank, that your HPFP cannot keep up in the standard e30 tune , but can keep up (28xxpsi) if you use liveadjust to e40?

what HPFP are you using? was the weather/temperature the same on the runs where you used standard tune vs liveadjust?

do you have logs to share?
      07-17-2021, 03:50 PM   #52
noogaM2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Hey question for the BM3 crowd. I am thinking about getting it in the next few months and trying to figure out all i will need. I want to get a custom tune when i finish up the bolt ons and fuel pump upgrade and my last cars all had an AP for the protuner to load maps onto. I read on jordan tune website it says you need to buy a tuning license, is this in addition to the cost of the bm3? I was looking here https://x-ph.com/bootmod3-flash-tune...phone-adapter/ and i am not sure what the bm3 device is? after everything on the order page its like 1200 dollars is this EVERYTHING i need to get bm3 be able to use it off my phone, and a custom tune? Will i still need a laptop or is better to use a laptop anyway? Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 09:01 AM   #53
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noogaM2 View Post
Hey question for the BM3 crowd. I am thinking about getting it in the next few months and trying to figure out all i will need. I want to get a custom tune when i finish up the bolt ons and fuel pump upgrade and my last cars all had an AP for the protuner to load maps onto. I read on jordan tune website it says you need to buy a tuning license, is this in addition to the cost of the bm3? I was looking here https://x-ph.com/bootmod3-flash-tune...phone-adapter/ and i am not sure what the bm3 device is? after everything on the order page its like 1200 dollars is this EVERYTHING i need to get bm3 be able to use it off my phone, and a custom tune? Will i still need a laptop or is better to use a laptop anyway? Thanks for the input.
You'll need a license for bm3. There's also a more expensive license that comes with all of different off the shelf maps. Unless going custom right out of the gate, I'd really recommend purchasing this.

You'll need an enet cable and probably an adapter for your laptop. Don't use your phone. People have had issues with phone flashing in the past.

One last thing, make sure you get this right when you finish installing all the fbo stuff. You don't want to run an upgraded hpfp without at least an OTS tune.
      07-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #54
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
are you saying that stage 2+ e30 tune targets HPFP 2450psi, and when using liveadjust to e40, then it targets 28xxpsi?

further more, are you saying that if you had e40 in the tank, that your HPFP cannot keep up in the standard e30 tune , but can keep up (28xxpsi) if you use liveadjust to e40?

what HPFP are you using? was the weather/temperature the same on the runs where you used standard tune vs liveadjust?

do you have logs to share?
Yes, target seems to have been raised with liveadjust over the standard E30 map.

Yes, on OTS E30 even E33 in tank would cause symptoms of HPFP crashing with enough dip for backfire/stumbles and for me to see on just a phone app-bluetooth OBD display. With E40 now up to E45 in the tank, properly adjusted on liveadjust, the car runs absolutely perfect with the higher psi target.

Dorch stage 1, no logs right now but when I did back to back to back pulls changing the gas and tune it was same weather 90degrees hot and humid. I've been using E42 on liveadjust E40 for a while now and it hasn't hiccuped unless I push higher to like E47 range. So only when I over estimate how much room I have in the tank and add too much E before going to the pump. (I store up on E because there is none local) (no that's not the problem I test regularly)

These cars are so picky when it comes to fuel!!!
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Next step: M2 Competition or Manual Supra MKV build Summer 2022
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #55
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Grabbed a quick log today of the 93 map in the stage 2+ map pack. It’s obviously just the regular 93 map and not a stage 2+ version.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=611a...90c6768b3b00c8

You can see it’s wanting to overboost like the e30 stage 2+ maps.

Haven’t had a chance to log the e30 stage 2+ Map and compare it to my other e30 stage 2+ maps.

Burble settings almost seem non existent on map 3 of the multimap. Will test map 1 (e30+) to see how that is soon
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50
      08-16-2021, 12:55 PM   #56
rmik88
Rep

Quote:

I can't figure it out.

Hey man I had the same issue trying to figure out why this didn't work out for me as well. So the cruise control has 2 stages of (clicks) Move it up slowly and you should see what I mean. You need to be sure to just go up to the 1st click. So don't push the button up all the way. This worked for me as long as all the other parameters were met.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #57
rmik88
Rep

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Have an auto m235i fbo with a Dorch stage 2 pump and flex sensor installed tuned on the stage 2+ map with live adjust. Car pulls really good and I'm running on an e50 mix. Getting some more E with week as its not really close to me here in CT, but I do want to try higher E to see how the car behaves.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #58
designatedposter
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmik88 View Post
Hey guys, new to the forum here. Have an auto m235i fbo with a Dorch stage 2 pump and flex sensor installed tuned on the stage 2+ map with live adjust. Car pulls really good and I'm running on an e50 mix. Getting some more E with week as its not really close to me here in CT, but I do want to try higher E to see how the car behaves.
nice share some logs when you get some at different levels of E.

also, since you have ethanol sensor installed, you are actually not using the 'liveadjust' feature. liveadjust is for people who do NOT have an ethanol sensor and instead set the e-level manually or 'live'.
      08-17-2021, 12:38 AM   #59
rmik88
Rep

Quote:
nice share some logs when you get some at different levels of E.

also, since you have ethanol sensor installed, you are actually not using the 'liveadjust' feature. liveadjust is for people who do NOT have an ethanol sensor and instead set the e-level manually or 'live'.
Ahhh thanks for clarifying! Good to know, and will do with the logs..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:18 AM   #60
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
Grabbed a quick log today of the 93 map in the stage 2+ map pack. It’s obviously just the regular 93 map and not a stage 2+ version.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=611a...90c6768b3b00c8

You can see it’s wanting to overboost like the e30 stage 2+ maps.

Haven’t had a chance to log the e30 stage 2+ Map and compare it to my other e30 stage 2+ maps.

Burble settings almost seem non existent on map 3 of the multimap. Will test map 1 (e30+) to see how that is soon
Following on from this I ran the racegas map on the stage 2+ multimap to test out some new fuel.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=611b...0b4344f3a833be

This is not equivalent to the stage 2+ racegas map with 21/22psi targets vs the 16.5psi seen in this log.

Anyone else found this with the stage 2+ multimap?

I’ve reverted back to the regular version maps as I’m also having issues with hpfp chirping again….apparently being ironed out soon with an update from Dorch.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50
      08-17-2021, 12:14 PM   #61
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
Following on from this I ran the racegas map on the stage 2+ multimap to test out some new fuel.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=611b...0b4344f3a833be

This is not equivalent to the stage 2+ racegas map with 21/22psi targets vs the 16.5psi seen in this log.

Anyone else found this with the stage 2+ multimap?

I’ve reverted back to the regular version maps as I’m also having issues with hpfp chirping again….apparently being ironed out soon with an update from Dorch.
Thanks for experimenting & logging. I love the idea of integrated multimap, but I’m going to hold off until all the issues get sorted, and I actually install a flex fuel sensor—not a high priority for me bc we have plenty of E85 stations around here.

Regarding Dorch, is the revised Dorch Stage 1 HPFP drop down option that’s running higher rail pressure to alleviate the chirp not an option with the Multimap?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 04:28 PM   #62
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Thanks for experimenting & logging. I love the idea of integrated multimap, but I’m going to hold off until all the issues get sorted, and I actually install a flex fuel sensor—not a high priority for me bc we have plenty of E85 stations around here.

Regarding Dorch, is the revised Dorch Stage 1 HPFP drop down option that’s running higher rail pressure to alleviate the chirp not an option with the Multimap?
I liked the idea of switching from 93 to e30+ with just the toggle, it’s very easy. Just a shame it doesn’t seem to reflect the actual 2+ maps. I’ll test with some ethanol in the tank to see if the multimap will perform like the regular stage 2+ We don’t get ethanol at the pump here so I just buy it in and add for spirited runs etc.

Yes that is still an option however there are some software versions on the n55 M2 that need further attention regarding the hpfp settings. I was starting to get fairly loud hpfp chirping at idle however the new update will rectify all this. Dorch informed me today they have sent the update to BM3 so it’s down to them to implement it.

Quote:
Yea, burbles are significantly diminished for me after updating to the custom rom too (map 3, stg2 tune). I been meaning to adjust them, but have been so busy with other stuff since moving to florida.
I’m sure BM3 will get these few issues ironed out eventually. Hopefully we can eventually select what maps we went in each slot and have them configured individually as we like.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50
      09-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #63
nismoman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBBM2,2001 LSB M3,S52 E30

I just installed my Dorch stage 1 to give some headroom on 93 and since the swichable maps came out I'd like to try the e30 map without a flex fuel sensor. Can you just put 3 gallons of e85 to 8 gallons of 93 and run the e30 map? As in, is it a fixed timing target and when it can't hit that it will pull timing like normal or is it a hard set timing number that will damage your shit if the ethanol isn't perfect? My mods: catless dp, intercooler, charge pipe, intake, Dorch stage 1, recommended colder plug.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 12:30 PM   #64
designatedposter
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoman View Post
I just installed my Dorch stage 1 to give some headroom on 93 and since the swichable maps came out I'd like to try the e30 map without a flex fuel sensor. Can you just put 3 gallons of e85 to 8 gallons of 93 and run the e30 map? As in, is it a fixed timing target and when it can't hit that it will pull timing like normal or is it a hard set timing number that will damage your shit if the ethanol isn't perfect? My mods: catless dp, intercooler, charge pipe, intake, Dorch stage 1, recommended colder plug.

Thanks!
yes, the timing strategy is same as the pump gas tune. it will pull timing if it senses knock.

the 3 gal to 8 gal is correct, assuming your e85 is 85% ethanol, and your pump gas is 10% ethanol. if you want to be precise, you could measure actual ethanol content for the specific pump you use and use that value for more precise calculation. if you don't want to be that precise, just log some WOT runs and we'll be able to tell if you have enough ethanol to sustain the timing, but not too much for you hpfp and fuel trims
      09-01-2021, 04:34 PM   #65
nismoman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBBM2,2001 LSB M3,S52 E30

Quote:
yes, the timing strategy is same as the pump gas tune. it will pull timing if it senses knock.

the 3 gal to 8 gal is correct, assuming your e85 is 85% ethanol, and your pump gas is 10% ethanol. if you want to be precise, you could measure actual ethanol content for the specific pump you use and use that value for more precise calculation. if you don't want to be that precise, just log some WOT runs and we'll be able to tell if you have enough ethanol to sustain the timing, but not too much for you hpfp and fuel trims

Thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 11:47 PM   #66
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Does anyone know if I flash multi map and set burbles to none will it apply to all the maps or just map 1?
Appreciate 0