BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > '21 M2C vs '20 TTRS purchase

08-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #23
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

In my experience better find one on the ground in stock. Audi couldn't locate one I liked and stated order would be 4 to 5 months. Walked across the street and found my M2C on a ship heading this way. Total wait 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #24
trafficalert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTRS, M2CS

I do have some updates after owning TTRS a few months...

TTRS is much lighter and feels like it. I have wheels on order that will remove nearly 40lbs of rotating mass which will be enormous.
The stock B&O system is very nice but has way less bass than most systems. Adding a small powered sub is mandatory but not too difficult.
TTRS is slightly more expensive than M2/M2C but I feel price is justified (5-10% off MSRP).
TTRS engine/exhaust sound is better (subjective) than S55 motor. On par with N55. Adding midpipes to TTRS is cheap, easy, amazing!
TTRS has better fuel economy if you care. Avg 24-26mpg easily.
TTRS forums suck compared to Bimmerpost. Miss you guys!!
I feel that my LBB M2 was unique and sexier. However I get way more compliments on a Daytona Gray TTRS; from knowledgeable people and noobs. Surprising.
BMW was easier to wash. Huge hex grilles on Audi is brutal. Solved with a 0 ppm water pressure washer.
TTRS will be wayyyyy faster after E85 tune. 570hp/520tq is simple $2000 flash and safe on stock turbo and block. 0-60 ~3.0s 1/4mi ~10.7x (street tires)
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      09-02-2020, 03:17 PM   #25
emac
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficalert View Post
I do have some updates after owning TTRS a few months...

TTRS is much lighter and feels like it. I have wheels on order that will remove nearly 40lbs of rotating mass which will be enormous.
The stock B&O system is very nice but has way less bass than most systems. Adding a small powered sub is mandatory but not too difficult.
TTRS is slightly more expensive than M2/M2C but I feel price is justified (5-10% off MSRP).
TTRS engine/exhaust sound is better (subjective) than S55 motor. On par with N55. Adding midpipes to TTRS is cheap, easy, amazing!
TTRS has better fuel economy if you care. Avg 24-26mpg easily.
TTRS forums suck compared to Bimmerpost. Miss you guys!!
I feel that my LBB M2 was unique and sexier. However I get way more compliments on a Daytona Gray TTRS; from knowledgeable people and noobs. Surprising.
BMW was easier to wash. Huge hex grilles on Audi is brutal. Solved with a 0 ppm water pressure washer.
TTRS will be wayyyyy faster after E85 tune. 570hp/520tq is simple $2000 flash and safe on stock turbo and block. 0-60 ~3.0s 1/4mi ~10.7x (street tires)

Thanks for the update! Two great cars!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #26
trafficalert
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTRS, M2CS

Audi has opened the orders for 2021 TTRS now. It was expected by everyone to be finished in '20 but Covid pushed development of next gen electric TT back a year.
Happy Labor Day!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 04:44 PM   #27
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficalert View Post

I have a friend that owns some incredibly fast cars (his GTR runs 6s and he has UGR Lambos). His buddy made a video on youtube with his cars (all stock), a Hurrican EVO, F8, and 720s, man, those car are running low 10s and the 720 has ran a 9 i believe. You can get that sort of performance from a TT with a tune. What a time to be alive right?
      10-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #28
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

hmmm... i do not have a TTRS but hopefully i can share something similar! however, every person is different so how i feel may not be the same for you.

i had a 2019 M2C for about 1.5 years and then traded in for a 2020 RS3 for family needs/reasons.

anyway, i picked up the RS3 end of june... so like 4 months now and i can honestly say that it was the worse decision i ever made in my life.

so, big lesson learned, i just ordered another M2C that is for november production. so once the car gets here, i will be trading in the RS3 for the new M2C.

i'm taking quite the hit here, but i love the M2C so much that i am getting back into another one (my wife thinks i'm an idiot lol).

the audi and bmw... each one is everything the other is not. now after having owned both, i prefer the bmw! and i swear that i will never get another audi ever again.

there are many many reasons, but to put it simply, the audi is just boring! so i will be crying every day until my M2C gets here.
Appreciate 4
Fined243.00
CFO275.00
      10-29-2020, 05:59 PM   #29
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Was in the same boat of consideration. I really wanted to try an Audi and I love the TT-RS and RS3.

However, since Audi makes no proper manual cars and the purpose of my car is for pure fun/enjoyment like you, I will never be driving one.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #30
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced View Post
the audi and bmw... each one is everything the other is not. now after having owned both, i prefer the bmw! and i swear that i will never get another audi ever again.
They really are cars for a totally different audience.

The Audi is like a fine restaurant with exceptional service that serves perfectly acceptable processed food.

The BMW you are served a litre of ale and a meal that you can get your teeth into even if they spill a bit of beer on you in the process.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 09:50 PM   #31
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
I think you should wait until the replacement for the TTRS comes out and cross shop that with the G87 S58
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 04:45 AM   #32
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Ttrs are fun but but the m2c is more special with the manual transmission and happy tail character.

If you don't need awd, take the m2c

Ttrs are very fast and can be tune to crazy fast, no crank hub fix needed, but the double clutch transmission even if it's making crazy fast shift, remove some feel from the driver experience compared to 6 speed m2c

I mean you can have fun in the m2c by just rowing the gears slowly, then go around some corner, the handling will shine, the engine is fun and powerful the brakes are so powerful. This car makes a little ride becoming a party. I often just take a ride just to drive without going anywhere.....

The ttrs is less engaging, you have to always floor it to get some feel....it became boring quickly.it's a good car but nowhere near as fun as the m2c

I live in Canada and choose the m2c, at first i really wanted awd Audi ttrs but to me something about driving experience is not there.(I loved audi for winter driving)

Both are very good car to my eyes and the ttrs can be without a problem supercar fast....the m2c can be very fast too but it's not the perfect car for crazy number even if it's possible, it's more about driving feelings, handling, brakes and power ratio making a really nice car to drive
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 06:00 AM   #33
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #34
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
hmmm... i do not have a TTRS but hopefully i can share something similar! however, every person is different so how i feel may not be the same for you.

i had a 2019 M2C for about 1.5 years and then traded in for a 2020 RS3 for family needs/reasons.

anyway, i picked up the RS3 end of june... so like 4 months now and i can honestly say that it was the worse decision i ever made in my life.

so, big lesson learned, i just ordered another M2C that is for november production. so once the car gets here, i will be trading in the RS3 for the new M2C.

i'm taking quite the hit here, but i love the M2C so much that i am getting back into another one (my wife thinks i'm an idiot lol).

there are many many reasons, but to put it simply, the audi is just boring! so i will be crying every day until my M2C gets here.
Agree! Sold my RS3 for an M2C and I'm loving the decision!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #35
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:

Interesting. I originally ordered an RS3 about 3 years ago and had to back out of the deal after it arrived damaged. I found myself in an M2C last year but recently have been lusting over the RS3 again. I think it's mainly because the M2C sits in the garage 5-6 months when the weather gets bad here...and starting later this week I probably won't drive it until March.

I'm sure if I had an Audi I'd probably wish half of the time that I had the M2C again. Or something else. If we actually got RS3 Sportback I'd give up the M2C and my daily driver to get one.

It's such a shame I can't drive the M2C more often. 18 months of ownership and it has only 2,300 miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:51 AM   #36
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
It's such a shame I can't drive the M2C more often. 18 months of ownership and it has only 2,300 miles on the clock.
Ouch, I put 2,300 on mine within the first 2 weeks
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 03:32 PM   #37
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
Interesting. I originally ordered an RS3 about 3 years ago and had to back out of the deal after it arrived damaged. I found myself in an M2C last year but recently have been lusting over the RS3 again. I think it's mainly because the M2C sits in the garage 5-6 months when the weather gets bad here...and starting later this week I probably won't drive it until March.

I'm sure if I had an Audi I'd probably wish half of the time that I had the M2C again. Or something else. If we actually got RS3 Sportback I'd give up the M2C and my daily driver to get one.

I don't get it. I DD my M2C. Unless it's snowing, there's no reason NOT to drive the car.
      11-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #38
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I don't get it. I DD my M2C. Unless it's snowing, there's no reason NOT to drive the car.
Bingo--it's mostly the snow and ice. I work from home so my DD uses are runs to Mt. Bachelor in the winter for splitboarding, snowboarding, and XC skiing. That lead me to getting a cheap-ish hatchback and I realized how great my DD was for mountain biking with a hitch bike rack and hauling gear.

I used to make weekly trips to my office in Portland but of course covid killed that little bit of reimbursable fun I could have a had with the M2C in good weather. Oh well, I still enjoy the hell out of the car when I do drive it.
Appreciate 2
Bumpinjeep5363.50
Moflow2484.50
      11-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #39
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Front wheeled cars pull you so you don't feel the initial push in the back on acceleration, you feel with rear wheeled car 'the hand of God'. Thus you need to be crazy fast to enjoy front wheeled cars on public roads. Thus a lot of Audi drivers usually drive at antisocial speed rather enjoying intermittent acceleration of say 60 to 75 mile per hour.

The S and RS cars have been named as most notorious in the UK by the police
      11-07-2020, 02:00 AM   #40
Fined
ghost user
Rep
Drives: M2 | 997 GTS

Nothing will ever make the VWAG front engine transverse vehicles good to drive. 60% of the weight over the nose, with power primarily delivered through wheels that are also responsible for turning the car.. its a physics recipe for poor handling. Electronic gizmos and suspension tuning can mask it but never take it away.

I had a TTRS, TTS, multiple GTI... always the same handling gremlins.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #41
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

What do people think of the R8 RWD? Doesn't seem much faster than a M2C. Surely not in same league as a 911?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #42
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Almost done paying off my '17 OG M2. The appeal of the 2021 TTRS until the next gen M2 comes out is weighing on my mind. Care to comment on the back seats and trunk space? I rarely use the back seats but would it fit a teenager/small adult if need be and how do you compared the trunk space with the seats down? This would be the only car for my wife and I (and our 2 medium dogs)
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 07:53 AM   #43
sbehba
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. I'm in the process of selling my RS3 for a M2C and cannot wait to get rid of the RS3. For me the RS3 just turned into a "car", the look is rather generic and it lacks driver involvement. I'll definitely miss that 5 cylinder howl... It'd be a dream to add a ttrs to the garage along with the M2C!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 01:39 PM   #44
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

It is worse when cornering with front wheel drive cars. It is as if you are fighting with the steering compared to the rear wheel drive cars with gentle throttling and that push in the back when cornering. The difference is indescribable.