BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Most economical way to go to 763m wheels?

05-05-2021, 08:55 AM   #111
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Just a word of caution to those buying the 763M wheels in ANY finish, make sure you check the wheels thoroughly when you get them, don't just have them mounted. I recently purchased a set (new, from BMW) and 2 of the wheels had issues. These wheels have been made for years, so it's highly likely you'll get different dates of manufacture on them (as I did), and different degrees of matte and semi-gloss as a result.

Evan at Getbmwparts.com took care of me on them, but it's worth noting that issues are possible, so take the time to check them thoroughly.

Last edited by VisualEcho; 05-06-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 3
M2Pilot278.50
smknjoe234.00
Enabled1406.00
      11-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #112
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
I know this is an old post, but wanted to chime in here. Found some 763M for dirt cheap - ~$1400. I knew this deal was too good to be true, and upon closer inspection, I'm pretty sure they were replicas. To the seller's credit, they never mentioned "OEM", just said "763M styled".

But man did they look legit. The things that threw me off were the offsets and dimensions of the wheels. I believe OEM only comes in 19x9 and 19x10's. The ones I found came in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. Also no stamping on the outer edges, only on the inside of the spokes.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #113
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookayy View Post
I know this is an old post, but wanted to chime in here. Found some 763M for dirt cheap - ~$1400. I knew this deal was too good to be true, and upon closer inspection, I'm pretty sure they were replicas. To the seller's credit, they never mentioned "OEM", just said "763M styled".

But man did they look legit. The things that threw me off were the offsets and dimensions of the wheels. I believe OEM only comes in 19x9 and 19x10's. The ones I found came in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. Also no stamping on the outer edges, only on the inside of the spokes.
Everyone and their brother makes a 763 knock-off, but I don't think I've seen any that were 9.5 & 10.5 besides Richland Forged, and certainly not for $1400. I think you mean 8.5 & 9.5.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #114
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Yes, you're correct. 19x8.5 and 19.9.5's, my bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 09:51 PM   #115
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Just a word of caution to those buying the 763M wheels in ANY finish, make sure you check the wheels thoroughly when you get them, don't just have them mounted. I recently purchased a set (new, from BMW) and 2 of the wheels had issues. These wheels have been made for years, so it's highly likely you'll get different dates of manufacture on them (as I did), and different degrees of matte and semi-gloss as a result.

Evan at Getbmwparts.com took care of me on them, but it's worth noting that issues are possible, so take the time to check them thoroughly.
Was your only issue the slight color variation due to different batches or was there more going on?

You ended repainting/powder coating anyway, did this solve all your issues? I know you moved on anyway, but curious if I have anything else to look out for.

I'm so back and forth I drive myself crazy!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 07:33 AM   #116
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX102 View Post
Was your only issue the slight color variation due to different batches or was there more going on?

You ended repainting/powder coating anyway, did this solve all your issues? I know you moved on anyway, but curious if I have anything else to look out for.

The wheels are just, well, not manufactured to a high standard. It surprised me, really, since I had seen nothing in any posts saying so, and I would expect the BMW guys to look at the details, but they don't.

The 763M is a forged wheel, yes, but SAI does a terrible job on the finish. I've now seen several sets and many times they don't match (all finishes have this problem), and they have issues with the paint.

Mine had dirt in the paint here and there, and what looked like issues with the metal in spots, but turned out to be in the paint. Everything was corrected with powder coating.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
PHX102160.50
      11-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #117
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Quote:

The wheels are just, well, not manufactured to a high standard. It surprised me, really, since I had seen nothing in any posts saying so, and I would expect the BMW guys to look at the details, but they don't.

The 763M is a forged wheel, yes, but SAI does a terrible job on the finish. I've now seen several sets and many times they don't match (all finishes have this problem), and they have issues with the paint.

Mine had dirt in the paint here and there, and what looked like issues with the metal in spots, but turned out to be in the paint. Everything was corrected with powder coating.
Wow, that's pretty bad, huge variation in color! That really surprised me too. Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #118
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Wow, that's pretty bad, huge variation in color! That really surprised me too. Thanks for posting.
Most guys just have them put on and never stick them side by side, so they just don't notice. They don't look closely at their wheels either, if they did they would notice that the finish is crap.

And let me say with clarity that Evan at getbmwparts.com went the extra mile to make sure my set was perfect in the end, and he did it for a friend of mine as well. If you're going to buy 763M's, get them from Evan, he will take care of you by checking them to make sure they match before they ever ship. Great dude. Oh, and the best part? They also have the best price.
Appreciate 1
smknjoe234.00
      11-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #119
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Most guys just have them put on and never stick them side by side, so they just don't notice. They don't look closely at their wheels either, if they did they would notice that the finish is crap.

And let me say with clarity that Evan at getbmwparts.com went the extra mile to make sure my set was perfect in the end, and he did it for a friend of mine as well. If you're going to buy 763M's, get them from Evan, he will take care of you by checking them to make sure they match before they ever ship. Great dude. Oh, and the best part? They also have the best price.
Did you get them recently? I tried to get the gold wheel/tire set and they are apparently sold out till February.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 11:06 AM   #120
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Did you get them recently? I tried to get the gold wheel/tire set and they are apparently sold out till February.
No, this past April, and they were black.

There is a perfect gold set in the FS forum right now...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #121
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
No, this past April, and they were black.

There is a perfect gold set in the FS forum right now...
Ah, thanks man! I didn't see that one I will pm him now. Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #122
smknjoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2018 GTI, 2007 Rabbi

Quote:
Quote:

I second this recommendation. Great prices, yes. More importantly, great service.

I got my gold set from him last fall. I didn't notice any issues, but I'm not as much of a perfectionist as VisualEcho (I did put them on myself though. )
Appreciate 0