BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Battery Tenders / Long Term Storage

11-13-2021, 01:50 AM   #23
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia View Post
Looked at this when I got home this morning. I do not see an indication for "supply" mode. the options are motorcycle, car, AGM, and recondition. Mine is on car and AGM. I suspect recondition is "supply" mode. Busier tonight since it is Friday (party) night and the roads are wet.
No recondition is a reconditioning mode to try and remove deposits from the battery terminals or anode and cathode to revive an old battery, that is completely different and you should not use that mode for storage or pretty much ever on an AGM battery.

Supply mode is available on higher end models and its job is to supply a steady current (my mus7002 does like 7 amps at 12-13v) and is useful if you need a low amperage power supply. This is useful for short coding sessions. Again do not leave your tender on this mode for storage, your battery could explode from over charging.
      11-13-2021, 02:34 AM   #24
Tachycardia
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

So, based on my options with this battery tender, I have it right where it needs to be and can leave it hooked up for the winter, that is what I wanted to check. Getting a single plug surge protector and the unit will be placed at and powered by the outlet above the car that services the garage door opener.

Also doing a garage refresh with interlocking floor tiles and refresh on cabinets and work bench. Getting rid of accumulated junk and planning on finding some BMW car/motorcycle posters and/or art. Might have to include some VW art, as my daily is a GTI, which performed well n the track this year with with Falken 660s.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 04:04 AM   #25
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia View Post
So, based on my options with this battery tender, I have it right where it needs to be and can leave it hooked up for the winter, that is what I wanted to check. Getting a single plug surge protector and the unit will be placed at and powered by the outlet above the car that services the garage door opener.

Also doing a garage refresh with interlocking floor tiles and refresh on cabinets and work bench. Getting rid of accumulated junk and planning on finding some BMW car/motorcycle posters and/or art. Might have to include some VW art, as my daily is a GTI, which performed well n the track this year with with Falken 660s.
Yup you're good to go for the winter, just make sure the surge protector isn't too heavy and the cable weight isn't too much as well, because it could pull it out of the socket causing it to hit the car.
      11-13-2021, 04:06 AM   #26
Tachycardia
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Safety strap will secure it. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 04:08 AM   #27
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep