BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Race seats questions

09-30-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Race seats questions

I dont want to mess up and order the wrong stuff so I figured I'd reach out for help.

I have been looking at the Sparco EVO XL but was told it doesnt fit well in the m2 comp. It rubs the B pillar. I started looking at other XL seats but coming up short in my quest for knowledge.

I am looking at

OMP HTE-R XL
RECARO Profi Racing Seat

Is anyone running either of these two seats or have other recommendations for XL size seats?

I know a lot of people are recommending the Cobra Nagaros but I am looking for something with a little more track than street compromise. This isn't my daily but I will have to drive it to events so I don't want to go to an extreme.

Last edited by Anonymoose; 09-30-2021 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

As luck would have it I called around to different shops and one had an m2c in for an oil change. It had Sparco QRT installed. With the QRT there is a 1/2 inch between seat and door panel and 1/2 inch between the seat and center console.

So that means the Evo-L and QRT should be able to fit. I'll check measurements of the Recaro profi and OMP HRE
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

I have HTE-R XL in my race car. I'm moving to a Racetech 4119 because it fits me just a hair better but over a 70min race that can make a bit of a difference. If for some reason the Racetech doesn't pan out I have zero issues going right back the HTE-R - it has been very comfortable.

I have Cobra Nogaros waiting to go in to the M2C once the BK mounts are here. Since I will drive this car on the street some I did not want halo seats. I have driven with halo streets on the street - definitely doable but would prefer not to. Bit concerned with the shoulders on the Nogaro though - but others here noted the same thing and said once in the driving position they were good.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #4
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
I have HTE-R XL in my race car. I'm moving to a Racetech 4119 because it fits me just a hair better but over a 70min race that can make a bit of a difference. If for some reason the Racetech doesn't pan out I have zero issues going right back the HTE-R - it has been very comfortable.

I have Cobra Nogaros waiting to go in to the M2C once the BK mounts are here. Since I will drive this car on the street some I did not want halo seats. I have driven with halo streets on the street - definitely doable but would prefer not to. Bit concerned with the shoulders on the Nogaro though - but others here noted the same thing and said once in the driving position they were good.
Thanks this is helpful. Since I'll be driving my car to the track I'll opt for non halo so that puts wrc in play. I'm heading tomorrow to put my butt in them. Because it appears to be 2mm difference in total to the size of the Evo L which I know will fit.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 10:22 AM   #5
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:

I will be putting in Cobra Negaros with BK Side Mounts soon. What are you using for sliders if any? I was looking around for a pair of electric sliders so I can swap between Track and Stock seats.
      10-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #6
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
Thanks this is helpful. Since I'll be driving my car to the track I'll opt for non halo so that puts wrc in play. I'm heading tomorrow to put my butt in them. Because it appears to be 2mm difference in total to the size of the Evo L which I know will fit.
I think you will like having the non halo seats better on the street. Definitely can make the halos work if necessary but not my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
I will be putting in Cobra Negaros with BK Side Mounts soon. What are you using for sliders if any? I was looking around for a pair of electric sliders so I can swap between Track and Stock seats.
Will be using the oem electric sliders. Had a similar setup on my E92 M3 before it went full race car and really liked it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #7
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think you will like having the non halo seats better on the street. Definitely can make the halos work if necessary but not my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Will be using the oem electric sliders. Had a similar setup on my E92 M3 before it went full race car and really liked it.
I just left the shop. What was practical, fit my body, and fit my car didn't line up

I really liked the OMP wrc-xl. It fit me and was comfortable. Sadly the bolsters area was too large to fit in the m2. Base would fit but up top it would rub.

The hte-r fit both top and bottom but I wasn't comfortable with the halos on the street even though you could look past them. I didn't want to smash my head in the event of a crash on the road with no helmet.

So I left with the vinyl cobra norgaros with dynamica centers. Thanks OG Shark for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 06:13 PM   #8
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
I just left the shop. What was practical, fit my body, and fit my car didn't line up

I really liked the OMP wrc-xl. It fit me and was comfortable. Sadly the bolsters area was too large to fit in the m2. Base would fit but up top it would rub.

The hte-r fit both top and bottom but I wasn't comfortable with the halos on the street even though you could look past them. I didn't want to smash my head in the event of a crash on the road with no helmet.

So I left with the vinyl cobra norgaros with dynamica centers. Thanks OG Shark for the advice.
Best thing you can do is sit in them first like you did - glad you found some you like
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 06:15 PM   #9
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Best thing you can do is sit in them first like you did - glad you found some you like
Figured next season if I get to that point for halos and r compound tires I'll buy a car hauler
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #10
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Try Recaro Pole Position or Recaro Profi SPG XL
Appreciate 0