BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Towing problems: Santa Ana Club

09-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #1
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Towing problems: Santa Ana Club

Hey, my car got towed recently in Santa Ana by Santa Ana Club SP LLC, and they broke some laws during the tow (didn't drop my car even though I confronted them while it was still on private property, charged me more than they were allowed etc.)

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this company? I looked on their BBB page and it seems like I'm not the only person this has happened to. I want to take them to task for these predatory practice and I would love to hear if this has happened to someone else.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:35 PM   #2
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
Hey, my car got towed recently in Santa Ana by Santa Ana Club SP LLC, and they broke some laws during the tow (didn't drop my car even though I confronted them while it was still on private property, charged me more than they were allowed etc.)

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this company? I looked on their BBB page and it seems like I'm not the only person this has happened to. I want to take them to task for these predatory practice and I would love to hear if this has happened to someone else.

Thanks
This reminds me of Adam Corolla's greatest day ever. His e46 m3 was on a tow truck and he asked the guy to give him his car back. He wouldn't saying that he was called out here to tow the car. Adam said that sometimes when you get called out to tow a car it's already gone right? The tow driver replied yes. Adam said just pretend it's one of those times. Tow driver refused. So Adam said he would pay him cash now. Tow driver refused to take the money. So Adam's friend unlashed the wheels from the tow and Adam drove the car off the tow and into the night.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 10:47 AM   #3
PiterDest
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f10

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I wanted to share my thoughts on your situation. It's unfortunate to hear about your experience with Santa Ana Club SP LLC. I came across Car Lockout Carrollton GA online, and they might have more info on dealing with such issues. It's not cool when towing companies break the rules and overcharge customers. I haven't personally dealt with this company, but I've heard stories similar to yours. Taking action against their predatory practices is definitely the right move. Your story about Adam Corolla's encounter with a tow truck driver is pretty wild. Sometimes, you just gotta stand up for yourself, right? Anyway, I'm new here and trying to gather info.

Last edited by PiterDest; 05-25-2023 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0