BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > ***Covered Bridge and Fall foliage drive, Bucks County PA ***CANCELLED***

09-09-2021, 04:30 AM   #1
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

***Covered Bridge and Fall foliage drive, Bucks County PA ***CANCELLED***

*Please see updated post regarding road and bridge conditions. As a result the tour will have to be cancelled.*

Back for the third installment of Bucks County drives this year! The details and route are still being worked out but mark your calenders. We will be beginning the drive from the Panera Bread at the Valley Square Shopping Center in Warrington PA (where Deutsche Auto-kaffee Gruppe meets for Cars and Coffee). Departing at 10:15am on Saturday October 23rd and driving to...and through some very scenic covered bridges throughout Bucks County. This drive is open to all German sports car enthusiasts.

Meet: Behind Panera Bread at the Valley Square Shopping Center
1521 N Main St, Warrington, PA 18976
Date/Time: Saturday October 23rd at 10:15am
(Rain Date Sunday October 24th at 10:15am)

More details to follow...
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowphiveo; 09-17-2021 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 2
Kleinacus671.00
iWayne103.50
      09-17-2021, 01:59 AM   #2
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

I drove (or should say attempted to drive) the pre-planned route yesterday and unfortunately this area is still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Ida. Many of the connector bridges along the cruise route are not passable and are closed due to failures. I ended up giving up after driving around for nearly 4 hours trying to piece together a decent route, and its just not really possible. It is my understanding that many of the bridges will be closed until spring for repairs. So as a result, I'm sad to say that the covered bridge tour will be cancelled.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 06:15 AM   #3
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
I drove (or should say attempted to drive) the pre-planned route yesterday and unfortunately this area is still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Ida. Many of the connector bridges along the cruise route are not passable and are closed due to failures. I ended up giving up after driving around for nearly 4 hours trying to piece together a decent route, and its just not really possible. It is my understanding that many of the bridges will be closed until spring for repairs. So as a result, I'm sad to say that the covered bridge tour will be cancelled.
Sucks but thanks for taking the time to try and find a different route and for making this no go call so early. I'm glad we got those 2 sunrise drives in before Ida. We should definitely do a season opener in the Spring when the weather and sunrise timing both make sense.
      09-18-2021, 01:12 AM   #4
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
Sucks but thanks for taking the time to try and find a different route and for making this no go call so early. I'm glad we got those 2 sunrise drives in before Ida. We should definitely do a season opener in the Spring when the weather and sunrise timing both make sense.
Yes...I'm planning another Sunrise Drive for late May/Early June. Also thinking about planning an overnight trip out to the PA "Tail of the Dragon" Rt 125. Would probably make it a 2 day event and get a hotel, etc. Would be cool to have a group drive out there and get together for dinner before going out on the drive the next morning.
Appreciate 2
Kleinacus671.00
bobert858.50