BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > Any M2C owners with a Remus exhaust in the tri state area? Hoping to hear your setup.

06-07-2021, 09:18 AM   #1
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Any M2C owners with a Remus exhaust in the tri state area? Hoping to hear your setup.

As the title says, just wanted to know if anyone around the area has either the Remus sport or race installed on their car and if I could just take 5 mins of their time to listen to the cold start and a few revs.

Thanks!
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
slider86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP 6MT, 2021 M2C 6MT

Bump, I do as well!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 09:25 PM   #3
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Where are you guys? Remus race and AA single mid outside phila.
      06-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #4
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
Hoboken for me. 1.5hrs so not the worst
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #5
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Quote:
Hoboken for me. 1.5hrs so not the worst
Parents are in the Clinton/Flemington area. If I stop home or do any nj bmw cca events in the next few weeks, I'll let your know.

My advice... I love my setup but the cold start is crazy. If your m2 is your daily/semi-daily or you don't have a garage (contain the mayhem from your neighbors), I'd recommend remus sport.

I think stock or AA single mid and remus sport is a livable setup. Else, if you can somehow get your hands on the AA equal length resonated, it may muffle enough on cold start to be the sweet spot as well.

The flaps closed on the remus race on cold start essentially does nothing. It can't hold back that wall of noise for that first 60 seconds of liftoff.

While driving, the flaps are useful. And once I get going, i wouldn't change my exhaust setup for anything else. The motorsport theater is real and makes me giggle every time. Hit your shift right and that brrrapp is intoxicating. Tunnels are absolutely hilarious.
Nicname351.00
      06-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Parents are in the Clinton/Flemington area. If I stop home or do any nj bmw cca events in the next few weeks, I'll let your know.

My advice... I love my setup but the cold start is crazy. If your m2 is your daily/semi-daily or you don't have a garage (contain the mayhem from your neighbors), I'd recommend remus sport.

I think stock or AA single mid and remus sport is a livable setup. Else, if you can somehow get your hands on the AA equal length resonated, it may muffle enough on cold start to be the sweet spot as well.

The flaps closed on the remus race on cold start essentially does nothing. It can't hold back that wall of noise for that first 60 seconds of liftoff.

While driving, the flaps are useful. And once I get going, i wouldn't change my exhaust setup for anything else. The motorsport theater is real and makes me giggle every time. Hit your shift right and that brrrapp is intoxicating. Tunnels are absolutely hilarious.

Thanks brother! I really appreciate the write up.
Please let me know if you're ever semi close to NJ and I'll gladly make the drive to meet you. I actually have on order the Remus Sport and EL Resonated Midpipe that should arrive sometime this month but even then, I'd love to hear your setup.
I've been debating whether or not I should've gone with the race but this is my daily and I park at communal garages for both home and work. But on the flip side, I am spending a good chunk of $$ so I want it be worth it if you know what I mean.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #7
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Please let me know if you're ever semi close to NJ and I'll gladly make the drive to meet you. I actually have on order the Remus Sport and EL Resonated Midpipe that should arrive sometime this month but even then, I'd love to hear your setup.
I've been debating whether or not I should've gone with the race but this is my daily and I park at communal garages for both home and work. But on the flip side, I am spending a good chunk of $$ so I want it be worth it if you know what I mean.
Will do. Getting house stuff done this week and then should be in NJ more often. I'll definitely let you know.

I think a lot of the EL are on backorder, right? If it doesn't reset your place in line, I'd consider switching to the non resonated version. I think the suppressing on the remus sport with flaps closed will keep things civil on cold starts and putting around town. But i think that thing would sing with flaps open and the non res EL. Just my 2 cents.

Once the supply issues resolve, i have considered the resonated EL. But that's only because my remus race is as close to a straight pipe setup as I'll ever get.
Nicname351.00
      06-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #8
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will do. Getting house stuff done this werk and then should be in NJ more often. I'll definitely let you know.

I think a lot of the EL are on backorder, right? If it doesn't reset your place in line, I'd consider switching to the non resonated version. I think the suppressing on the remus sport with flaps closed will keep things civil on cold starts and putting around town. But i think that thing would sing with flaps open and the non res EL. Just my 2 cents.

Once the supply issues resolve, i have considered the resonated EL. But that's only because my remus race is as close to a straight pipe setup as I'll ever get.
Yeah I believe switching now would basically be considered a new order. I was told mine would ship before the end of the month so at that point I may just install it and if the sound isn't enough, I'd consider swapping with someone or just placing a new order and selling.
Seems like I might've played it way too safe :
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00
      06-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #9
iWayne
///M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

I should have my remus race/el non-res installed within next few weeks. If too loud, I'd trade the non res sections for your res sections if yours too quiet.
Appreciate 2
Kleinacus671.00
Nicname351.00
      06-11-2021, 01:03 PM   #10
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWayne View Post
I should have my remus race/el non-res installed within next few weeks. If too loud, I'd trade the non res sections for your res sections if yours too quiet.
I love this forum. People helping people.
Nicname351.00
      06-11-2021, 01:36 PM   #11
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That would work out perfectly
Keep me updated and I'll let you know when I get my set up installed.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:44 PM   #12
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Just picked up an Alpine White 2020 M2C. Anyone have Remus, AA equal length resonated, no burbles?

Anyone hear a Dinan catback with the AA equal length resonated midpipe on an M2C in person? I've seen youtube vids of m4s with vrsf catless downpipes, AA equal length resonated midpipe, the Dinan catback, and no burbles it sounded perfect. Would it sound the same on the M2C?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 12:09 PM   #13
iWayne
///M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Mine is installed. I posted a video in the EL midpipes problem thread.
If you wanna check it out in person, send me a PM.

I think the volume is fine if you're not goosing it in any mode though I am not a fan of the burbles in Sports/Sports+. WOT in eco is pretty sweet for my ears. In sports/+, WOT is what I would expect and that it does garner attention.
Appreciate 0