BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Offered a CS. Should I jump on it?

10-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #23
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Have you tried a p-car before? In terms of fun, I would argue the GTS4.0 to be better in almost every way

But you do sound like an ideal CS candidate. So no wrong choices here
Except for tall manual gearing and lack of rear seats.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 07:34 AM   #24
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Quote:
Have you tried a p-car before? In terms of fun, I would argue the GTS4.0 to be better in almost every way

But you do sound like an ideal CS candidate. So no wrong choices here
I've considered it, but after looking at options the GTS4.0 would be several thousands more. I'm already jumping from the M2C in terms of $ (actually jumping from an M340i).

The biggest drawback for me however is no back seat. I won't be tracking the car (at least not anytime soon). I have a 2yr old, and one of the things I look forward to is taking her to BMWCCA events and on cruises around town.

I bought an M Roadster a few years ago with the logic of "the wife and I will use it while someone babysits". It never happened. 2yrs of ownership and I think maybe 300 miles.

Plus, at 35 BMW's, I can't break the streak with a P-car out of principle
We are in the same boat! I've had tons of BMW's and switched to a GT3 for a short time. Wonderful car but sold it(and M2) to make way for the CS.
Looked hard at GT4's but for all the reason mentioned, passed.
I believe the CS will be just the proper mix of high performance with some amount of practicality.
Take the CS and don't look back!
      10-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #25
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
I've considered it, but after looking at options the GTS4.0 would be several thousands more. I'm already jumping from the M2C in terms of $ (actually jumping from an M340i).

The biggest drawback for me however is no back seat. I won't be tracking the car (at least not anytime soon). I have a 2yr old, and one of the things I look forward to is taking her to BMWCCA events and on cruises around town.

I bought an M Roadster a few years ago with the logic of "the wife and I will use it while someone babysits". It never happened. 2yrs of ownership and I think maybe 300 miles.

Plus, at 35 BMW's, I can't break the streak with a P-car out of principle

I think you are cut out of the same cloth as a few of us getting CS's. My reasons:
- I have two small kids (2 and 5 years old) that love to go for drives and go to car shows events. I wanted them to be able to share in the "special" car with me
- I didn't want to buy an M2C and then think "man I wish I would have bought the even better one even if it is really expensive"
- After I test drove the GT4 I had been planning around for 4+ years I realized that for driving to work, during the week etc, that the lack of back seats etc and trying to make occasions to drive it over my 335 just weren't enough and I was going to have a 90+k car that I drove <10 times a year and that wasn't cool.
- As soon as I saw the CS there was just "something" that made me really like it as well, and somewhat irrespective of cost and other factors it was simply one of the most intense BMW products I've seen in a long time and that it made it really desirable to add in the garage alongside the other 3 BMW's already there.
- It doesn't seem to lack anything that an enthusiast would want - horsepower, check. Carbon fiber, check. a bit of flash to the looks. check. some degree of exclusivity, check. good to great track ability, check. etc.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 2
Davil6524.50
      10-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #26
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I think you are cut out of the same cloth as a few of us getting CS's. My reasons:
- I have two small kids (2 and 5 years old) that love to go for drives and go to car shows events. I wanted them to be able to share in the "special" car with me
- I didn't want to buy an M2C and then think "man I wish I would have bought the even better one even if it is really expensive"
- After I test drove the GT4 I had been planning around for 4+ years I realized that for driving to work, during the week etc, that the lack of back seats etc and trying to make occasions to drive it over my 335 just weren't enough and I was going to have a 90+k car that I drove <10 times a year and that wasn't cool.
- As soon as I saw the CS there was just "something" that made me really like it as well, and somewhat irrespective of cost and other factors it was simply one of the most intense BMW products I've seen in a long time and that it made it really desirable to add in the garage alongside the other 3 BMW's already there.
- It doesn't seem to lack anything that an enthusiast would want - horsepower, check. Carbon fiber, check. a bit of flash to the looks. check. some degree of exclusivity, check. good to great track ability, check. etc.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:17 PM   #27
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Nah. No back seats, nowhere near as sexy as the M2 CS, super long gearing, etc. I have been offered several GTS 4.0 allocations, some with considerable discounts, but it’s just not a car I find at all appealing.
Appreciate 1
Davil6524.50
      10-02-2020, 05:23 PM   #28
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

I just drove a New gt4, c4s, and 2015 turbo S at a dealership.

Getting back in my 500 plus HP modified m2cs knockoff... none of them were quite as thrilling...I’m very happy with my decision for a fun sports car. I’ll think I’ll go get a G wagon if the money keeps burning a hole in my pocket.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0