BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Issue with dash lights and resistor

Today, 09:44 AM   #1
e39life
Registered
Rep
Drives: 98’ 528i

Issue with dash lights and resistor

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I bought this 1998, 528 I live in Florida if that makes any difference but when I turn the car off the blower motor keeps going and I’ve read a lot about how that could be the resistor. so when I bought the car I had this issue and I started driving it like that and it stopped. Everything started working normal again but the red lights that illuminate the dash stay on when you turn the car off so I’d have to disconnect the battery every single night. Is it possible these two issues are related? Also recently started having a lien on my seats were only half of it goes down please help.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:52 AM   #2
e39life
Registered
Rep
Drives: 98’ 528i

Other things to note is
that when i unplug fuse number #76( fuse for the blower motor) its stops blowing obviously. That being said the fuses are good but just a little corroded it seems.

The dash says there is a light out in thebrear but there isnt.

Aux fan is not working. I did a cooling system overhaul ( radiator, reservoir, hoses, fan shroud ) and it worked one time when i was filling the coolant but now wont come on at all. The connections seem good, fuses are all good. Also note im using the same temp sensor on the radiator.
Appreciate 0