BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M2C with M Performance Suspension?

02-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #23
OldDirtyCoaks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnigle View Post
I have them on my m2c. They can be somewhat more comfortable than the stock suspension if they are in soft settings. They are also pretty good on track if they are in stiffer settings and paired with camber plates.

Keep in mind that with my set, GC plates could not be safely installed. The threads on the top of the shock rod were shorter than OEM and were not long enough for more than 2 threads of the top nut. I ended up using TCK plates, modified them, and now have -3 degrees in the middle setting. I like that they are fixed position and will not move.

They are a good compromise for road and track use, and have a bmw warranty.
Would you recommend getting the TCK plates instead then?

About to pick up the same set up as you and will hopefully have them on the car by April.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #24
mcgarnigle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirtyCoaks View Post
Would you recommend getting the TCK plates instead then?

About to pick up the same set up as you and will hopefully have them on the car by April.
100%. Unless there's been a design change by GC or KW, the GC plates will not be safe to use (at least in my opinion based on what the shop that installed my stuff showed me).
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #25
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

I was just thinking about this today, as have done CF brace retrofit to my 2016 car. That as far as I know physically the suspension is the same between OG and M2C.

The 'rose joints' never came to fruition either I believe?

So the only thing differentiating the M2C is circa 55kg and the bracing.

Since have my brace installed it just feels like a much more sorted car. I honestly can feel the front suspension being able to work more effectively independently and with the rear.

Although I'm looking at aftermarket stuff just for the hell of it I'm secretly hoping when these MPSS run low and I upside to 255/275 PS4S that the ride is improved where I don't have to drop over two grand to get a better ride!

So to all enthusiasts in OG N55, GET THE BRACE done stop looking at all increasing whp and get it DONE!
Appreciate 0