BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > F87 M2 Service & Repair Manuals/Reference

11-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #1
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Post F87 M2 Service & Repair Manuals/Reference

Hi folks,

Planning to keep my 2016 F87 M2 DCT (Australian model) for many years, therefore, taking good care of it is essential.

Driving pattern: as a fun car, it won't be driven on a daily basis (a couple of times during the week, around 30km round trip), some weekend hard runs per month. On average, 250-300km per month.

Of course NewTIS is great reference (for free), however, I am looking for more detailed, structured, procedural instructions (what need to be done at certain time and/or odometre intervals, like what the dealership service department mechanics use/refer to, if exists). Mainly because my mechanic friend is busy with more cars than he can take care of (good business ;-), as a responsible owner I have to do my own homework well enough to check all, do preventative maintenance to avoid or detect commonly known issues of the N55 (N55B30T0)/F87.

Current routine maintenance already in place
- change engine oil (M TwinPower Turbo 0w-40 8*1L bottles) and oil filter ( once every 12 months or 5000km whichever occurs first.
- trickle charge the battery using CTEK XS-0.8 (to 80% at least) per month to avoid electronic failures (which I had with the F25 LCI X3).

TIA
      11-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
...I am looking for more detailed, structured, procedural instructions (what need to be done at certain time and/or odometre intervals, like what the dealership service department mechanics use/refer to, if exists)...
You can also find this information in the TIS under the maintenance section.
Appreciate 2
Scrape37.50
      11-08-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
Scrape
Car Guy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Great information all. New to the M2 Community and all this information is great. Thank you guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Thanks, Tano. I have spent some more time on newTIS, it pretty much covers all I need, just not very user friendly (intuitive). I'll need to put together a timetable on Google Calendar and Quip to make it easier to follow ;-)

I have reset the engine oil service warning on the car and it took it at least 12 hours to sync with BMW server (Connected app reflects).

1 more question for all F87 (and other models) owners, do you pay extra to get access to get BMW portal login and write the service history of your car(s)?
      11-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
FD777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
I have reset the engine oil service warning on the car and it took it at least 12 hours to sync with BMW server (Connected app reflects).

1 more question for all F87 (and other models) owners, do you pay extra to get access to get BMW portal login and write the service history of your car(s)?
You're in Australia, so BMW might handle things differently than the US.
Are you still under BMW's maintenance plan? If yes, I assume you would not reset the warning. If no, then disregard this question.
Can you link the portal login site? This one?
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2018, 03:59 AM   #6
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD777 View Post
You're in Australia, so BMW might handle things differently than the US.
Are you still under BMW's maintenance plan? If yes, I assume you would not reset the warning. If no, then disregard this question.
Can you link the portal login site? This one?
Thanks, I'll contact BMW TIS EPA and see if it works for Australian delivered models ;-)