BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > F87 M Performance Steering Wheel with LED display

05-17-2017, 03:33 AM   #23
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

I don't think there is an entire MPE, it's just the one isn't it?
I went with carbon tips, to match the carbon rear diffusor.

Price was $6,600 installed, I had some other work done at the same time.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #24
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post

Good deal!

Photos mate, photos !
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #25
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Smiley

I've been told you can get just the rear muffler installed. Did you get the M rear diffuser installed too?

This is the RRP I was given for the system below.

The M performance Exhaust with Carbon or Titanium Tips. Exhaust with Remote control $7278.00 incl. GST plus Tail Pipes Carbon $610.00 incl. GST or Tail Pipes Titanium $439.00 incl. GST plus fitting costs.

That's $610 each!!

Frankly for $10k USD premium for the Performance Edition with the M coilovers, M exhaust, M brake pads and M steering wheel, it's looking to be a bargain compared to what we have to pay.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 02:12 AM   #26
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
Hi Smiley

I've been told you can get just the rear muffler installed. Did you get the M rear diffuser installed too?

This is the RRP I was given for the system below.

The M performance Exhaust with Carbon or Titanium Tips. Exhaust with Remote control $7278.00 incl. GST plus Tail Pipes Carbon $610.00 incl. GST or Tail Pipes Titanium $439.00 incl. GST plus fitting costs.

That's $610 each!!

Frankly for $10k USD premium for the Performance Edition with the M coilovers, M exhaust, M brake pads and M steering wheel, it's looking to be a bargain compared to what we have to pay.
BMW MPE has always just been cat back/muffler only, there isn't a full system available.

Interesting how prices and info vary from different dealerships, i got quoted $6500 installed with c/f tips from one and was told the exhaust has been discontinued and no longer available from another.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 02:43 AM   #27
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep

Pricing seems to be all over the place for the MPE. I'm fairly sure I could have gotten a better price if I spent time shopping around and looked at bringing it in myself, but it was a somewhat spurf of the moment decision, mainly thanks to hearing a friends car with it on.
Anything $6,500 and below I think is a good price for MPE with carbon tips installed.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 03:19 AM   #28
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

This is from the BMW dealership. Any similar third party workshops here that can keep the factory warranty?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:19 AM   #29
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
This is from the BMW dealership. Any similar third party workshops here that can keep the factory warranty?
I had a debate with my dealership about this as I suggested their price for the MPE was way too high and I would get it through a 3rd party. They implied this may void the warranty. When I challenged this asking how can installation of a genuine OEM BMW ex-factory part by a qualified mechanic cause an issue with warranty they back tracked and said it probably won't but I should check with BMW Aus.

I called their bluff and emailed BMW directly. To cut it short, the eventual answer from BMW was that it wouldn't as long as it was installed as per BMW instructions.

They did note that an exhaust coming from a 3rd party may not be compliant with ADR though. It seems that the LCI is going to be getting the new part number which is the one with red button. As I pointed out, and they agreed, that's a compliance issue that has no impact on warranty and is entirely my business.

As an aside, I asked both if a non BMW exhaust would cause warranty issues, other than obviously just the exhaust not being covered, to see what they said. Neither would be drawn on answering that which suggests to me they know it won't. If they had a leg to stand on they would have told me.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2017, 06:52 AM   #30
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier77 View Post
I had a debate with my dealership about this as I suggested their price for the MPE was way too high and I would get it through a 3rd party. They implied this may void the warranty. When I challenged this asking how can installation of a genuine OEM BMW ex-factory part by a qualified mechanic cause an issue with warranty they back tracked and said it probably won't but I should check with BMW Aus.

I called their bluff and emailed BMW directly. To cut it short, the eventual answer from BMW was that it wouldn't as long as it was installed as per BMW instructions.

They did note that an exhaust coming from a 3rd party may not be compliant with ADR though. It seems that the LCI is going to be getting the new part number which is the one with red button. As I pointed out, and they agreed, that's a compliance issue that has no impact on warranty and is entirely my business.

As an aside, I asked both if a non BMW exhaust would cause warranty issues, other than obviously just the exhaust not being covered, to see what they said. Neither would be drawn on answering that which suggests to me they know it won't. If they had a leg to stand on they would have told me.
Good on ya. It's just bullshit dealer talk trying to scare customers to buy from them. Verbal diarrea most places throw at you when their price is way over inflated.
i can't see having any issues with warranty, if the part was defective I'd take it back to the people I bought it from. If I have any issue with the car and a dealer tries to blame the exhaust, then I take it up with BMW. No issue with warranty. It's one of the reasons I went with MPE, the other being I think it's the best sounding currently on the market. I prefer the sound of it to that of the Akra.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #31
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Any third party workshops that can do this in Brisbane?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #32
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier77 View Post

Good on ya. It's just bullshit dealer talk trying to scare customers to buy from them. Verbal diarrea most places throw at you when their price is way over inflated.
i can't see having any issues with warranty, if the part was defective I'd take it back to the people I bought it from. If I have any issue with the car and a dealer tries to blame the exhaust, then I take it up with BMW. No issue with warranty. It's one of the reasons I went with MPE, the other being I think it's the best sounding currently on the market. I prefer the sound of it to that of the Akra.
Completely agree on the sound. Normally I'd be all over the Akra but the MPE sounds way meatier on these
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #33
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Any third party workshops that can do this in Brisbane?
I could recommend one in Sydney but doubt that's helpful. Maybe ask on F30 Australian forum. Lot more activity there and a few big modders in Brisbane area
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2017, 09:10 PM   #34
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Some good news.

Ship with my M2 arrives 5 Jul.

Now waiting for a combined price for the steering wheel and M Performance installed.

And then this arrived.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #35
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Not too bad, BMW Brisbane worked out a price under $10k for the M Performance exhaust and steering wheel with LED display, which includes installation. And they are OK to install the hood too

Kudos
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #36
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Some good news.

Ship with my M2 arrives 5 Jul.

Now waiting for a combined price for the steering wheel and M Performance installed.

And then this arrived.
Loving the dash hood, seriously considering getting one myself.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #37
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post

Loving the dash hood, seriously considering getting one myself.
I'll post pics once it's installed
Appreciate 0