BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Who's going to remove the protective wrap over the rear fenders?

04-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #23
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

I want a magnet one like I had on my M roadster
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #24
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
I am definitely going to leave it on my M2.They obviously put it there because they know that the area will get a bunch of wear from rocks and dirt.BMW will probably replace it for free,if it starts to go yellow before the warranty ends on the car.
Exactly. I've had a few other cars with big hips and they get totally sandblasted in that area.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 07:41 AM   #25
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I saw one of the cars that was touring the country and going on display. It had a lot of chips in the dings in the covering and chips in the paint around the area of that plastic. My guess is that car had been driven on a track a fair bit so perhaps it isn't indicative of the average driving conditions but seeing that has me a bit concerned because I live in an environment that is pretty harsh to paint. We get a lot of small rocks and sand on the roads after rains and it can tear up windshields and paint.
Appreciate 0