BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Have an Unused/Unwanted BMW Driver Training Course Voucher...?

03-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Have an Unused/Unwanted BMW Driver Training Course Voucher...?

Hi All,

With the purchase of the M2, I've got a voucher from BMW for a driver training course ... which I'm looking forward too having done one years ago

I'd like to bring my partner along ... and wondered whether anyone here might have a voucher that they don't have a use for...? So if you're looking to offload a voucher please get in touch!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #2
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Ha, I was thinking the same... I thought it's OK to bring along a guest sitting in the backseat until I read it's not allowed on their website.
Worst case, will just pay the extra.

BTW, when did you receive it? I'm still waiting for it...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #3
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
BTW, when did you receive it? I'm still waiting for it...
It showed up early November, very quickly after the delivery of the car. I've not yet tried to redeem it ... so I don't know how long I would have to wait for the training course.

I'm fine to purchase a second attendee voucher ... but I don't know what the cost is, or if there is a mechanism to do it through the corporate purchase plan (which is how I bought the car). I guess I should call them and find out ...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
It showed up early November, very quickly after the delivery of the car. I've not yet tried to redeem it ... so I don't know how long I would have to wait for the training course.
Oh... then I better make some calls to find out where the heck my voucher is
Quote:
I'm fine to purchase a second attendee voucher ... but I don't know what the cost is, or if there is a mechanism to do it through the corporate purchase plan (which is how I bought the car). I guess I should call them and find out ...
I'm assuming you're going for the basic course? I remember it was $650?
Not sure about the corporate purchase plan though...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #5
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Oh... then I better make some calls to find out where the heck my voucher is
For some reason, I got the idea that the dealer had purchased the voucher (and it didn't come direct from BMW). Maybe its purchased at the discretion of the dealer..? Someone on here will know

Quote:
I'm assuming you're going for the basic course? I remember it was $650?
Not sure about the corporate purchase plan though...
I just want the same as for the voucher that I've been sent ... and its either $1,350 or $2,000 for the course, but I'll have to sort that out when I call them (the dealer quoted me both prices so I really don't know which is the actual price).
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #6
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I just want the same as for the voucher that I've been sent ... and its either $1,350 or $2,000 for the course, but I'll have to sort that out when I call them (the dealer quoted me both prices so I really don't know which is the actual price).
Course offered:
Compact (half day; M140i, M240i, MINI JCW) - $650
Advance 1 (M140i, M240i, M3, M4, JCW)- $1395
Advance 2(M2, M3, M4) - $2200

* vehicles offered may differ apparently.

I was under the impression the voucher is only for the Compact course. But if you've done the Compact course before, I think it's possible to pay the difference and upgrade to an Advance course.
Correct me if wrong.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf162.00
      03-13-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I just completed advanced 1 at Phillip Island, it is a brilliant day. Can't speak highly enough of it. It is M2 not M3/M4 I should add (instructors drive the M3/M4 and you get a hot lap but don't drive them)

I confirmed with BMW that upgrading is possible by paying the difference. In the case of upgrading Advanced 1 to Advanced 2, it requires having completed Advance 1 previously. Going from Compact to Advance should be fine.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2018, 02:37 AM   #8
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

I got mine through corporate program (i know this because i used my partners coorporate incentives, and thus it was adressed to her) got it within a week of my delivery

Its the advance 1
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #9
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

With the M2 purchase it’s Advanced 1. I’ve offered one to a good mate’s son, and have another 2. I’ve just done one and brought a friend a few months ago. Now deciding whether I should do advance 2 again with the two remaining.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #10
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hi guys, just wanna check - for the voucher, was that a physical copy comes in the mail or just an email?
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #11
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
I just completed advanced 1 at Phillip Island, it is a brilliant day. Can't speak highly enough of it. It is M2 not M3/M4 I should add (instructors drive the M3/M4 and you get a hot lap but don't drive them)
My bad, it was copy&paste from BMW AU website. When I check the MEL BMW website, it says 125i, 235i, m4, m2, m3 for the "BMW Intensive Driving Experience"... (it's listed as $1395, so I assume it's the same thing as "Advance 1" course on BMW AU website.)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #12
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Good point.

I bought the F87 from a 65 year old Italian gentleman who took good care of the car (thanks to him) but didn't drive it much.

The driving course voucher already expired when I realised M Power cars come with free driving course.

If anyone has unused / unwanted voucher, I'd like to purchase from you with a reasonable price, we can negotiate offline.

BTW: I attended the X2 Drive Day event last week @ Sydney Motorsports Park, it was pretty cool. I didn't get a chance to drive the M4 Competition on the track but as a passenger only... This made me interested in taking the course.
      03-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #13
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi nick_stp,
Quote:
Course offered:
Compact (half day; M140i, M240i, MINI JCW) - $650
Advance 1 (M140i, M240i, M3, M4, JCW)- $1395
Advance 2(M2, M3, M4) - $2200
Thanks - that's really helpful. I called BMW Driver training and while the voucher states it is for the BMW Intensive Driving Experience, the actual course is the Advance 1 ($1,395) course you've listed above.

Quote:
... for the "BMW Intensive Driving Experience"... (it's listed as $1395, so I assume it's the same thing as "Advance 1" course on BMW AU website.)
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
Hi guys, just wanna check - for the voucher, was that a physical copy comes in the mail or just an email?
Cheers.
In my case, its a physical piece of paper. Its dated only a couple of days after I picked up the M2, but it has the signature of the Dealer Principal of the dealership I bought it from (in addition to the BMW Marketing GM) ... that's possibly why I thought that it came from the dealer...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
I got mine through corporate program (i know this because i used my partners coorporate incentives, and thus it was adressed to her) got it within a week of my delivery
I purchased the M2 via the corporate program as well, so it may be that the voucher is only included in that program (i.e. if you buy privately, you don't qualify)...? I genuinely don't know if this is the case, so by all means chase down your voucher nick_stp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
With the M2 purchase it’s Advanced 1. I’ve offered one to a good mate’s son, and have another 2. I’ve just done one and brought a friend a few months ago. Now deciding whether I should do advance 2 again with the two remaining.
During the call I asked the price of a second voucher - they quoted me the $1,395 on the voucher and a lower price when I mentioned that I had participated in the corporate purchase program ... so if you've bought via the corporate program, its worthwhile asking

Spots seem to be booked well in advance, so right now in Melbourne, they don't have any weekend class slots available. I will check back with them in a couple of months to see what can be arranged when the training calendar for the second half of the year is released.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #14
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
In my case, its a physical piece of paper. Its dated only a couple of days after I picked up the M2, but it has the signature of the Dealer Principal of the dealership I bought it from (in addition to the BMW Marketing GM) ... that's possibly why I thought that it came from the dealer...?
Thank you very much Smurf, for all the replies!

I have just head from BMW, they just stuff me with a phone number to book the course and a reference number to identify me in their database.
Then when I questioned them if I'm getting a physical copy of the voucher, then said no. Besides I prefer to have something physical for me to keep, I feel it's not quite acceptable that on one ever informed me that it's available for me to make the booking and what course I'm offered.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 10:07 PM   #15
terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Thanks for the PM. I cannot reply you because you have exceeded your PM quota (see how popular you are lol;-)

Allow me some time to read thru this post and understand the value of the voucher.

Personally I do want to take the driving course (with the M2 purchase) to improve my driving skill, after all I bought a (not jeep) M2 and skills should match up ;-)
      03-13-2018, 10:14 PM   #16
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
Allow me some time to read thru this post and understand the value of the voucher.
From my understanding, it's $1395.
Appreciate 0